Is this still the Ray Peat forum or has changed to low toxic lifestyle?

PopSocket

Can you DM on that? Is light therapy also toxic or only if combined with MB.
I am not sure about current LED light therapy technology anymore , thought they were great but I have my doubts after using one for ~2 years. It can be stimulating for sure and could be helpful but I get 10x better response from the real deal - Sun. MB + RED/IR is no bueno though. Dr. Peat said even 1mg MB + light can be toxic and not worth it.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Ray spoke of it's benefits and used it himself. There are quotes of it and he talked about it in multiple interviews.

He doesn't mention it once in a whole site search of his website articles. He dismissed it at least a couple of times in interviews that i remember, and I have heard every one I can. And I don't remember high recommending it either. So if he has, it is odd how I have only heard the opposite.

He has said it kinds of works like thyroid, but not as good, and perhaps he's mentioned it has been used as a possible treatment for cancer, but these are his observations not recommendations.

If you have those quotes please prove what you say is true, that he has recommended it ( up to his death) or uses it himself, so I can be corrected.

gd81

He doesn't mention it once in a whole site search of his website articles. He dismissed it at least a couple of times in interviews that i remember, and I have heard every one I can. And I don't remember high recommending it either. So if he has, it is odd how I have only heard the opposite.

He has said it kinds of works like thyroid, but not as good, and perhaps he's mentioned it has been used as a possible treatment for cancer, but these are his observations not recommendations.

If you have those quotes please prove what you say is true, that he has recommended it ( up to his death) or uses it himself, so I can be corrected.

it was a only a few weeks ago I saw that quote, I can't find it right now (I think I saw it here) but it was him replying to a question about it via email. that 'people were finding it very anti inflammatory' and that he tried it by using it on his skin. I'll keep looking.

He talks about it a bit in depth here on an interview but advocating very small doses instead of big ones

Not saying you were wrong about what you heard btw, sometimes he just changed his mind a little on things or seemed to give better, more detailed answers depending on who he was talking to. He sounded pretty bored talking to Danny in the last few years compared to other interviews he was doing, no offence intended to Danny.

Dr. B

it was a only a few weeks ago I saw that quote, I can't find it right now (I think I saw it here) but it was him replying to a question about it via email. that 'people were finding it very anti inflammatory' and that he tried it by using it on his skin. I'll keep looking.

He talks about it a bit in depth here on an interview but advocating very small doses instead of big ones

Not saying you were wrong about what you heard btw, sometimes he just changed his mind a little on things or seemed to give better, more detailed answers depending on who he was talking to. He sounded pretty bored talking to Danny in the last few years compared to other interviews he was doing, no offence intended to Danny.

In one of haidut and dannys videos, he was discussing how methylene blue is supposedly one of the few substances that activates both parts of the electron transport chain or something? There’s different b vitamins that affect different parts of it but i think he was saying methylene blue activates both complexes.

HeyThere

I'm glad somebody addressed this. That's all I get in email for alerts now.

Disclosure: I have no idea who Ray peat is. I found this forum years back looking for info to help a health issue once and was interested in suggested things for this and that. I never believe what I read instantly but rather do research. I was against many things Peat said (Omega 3's helped me tremendously, so I don't care what he has to say about them) so I was here for the discussions and different things tried from people trying to better their health, had nothing to do with RP. I also strongly disagreed with some things stated by other posters, no matter how angrily they demanded their information was correct. But obv something changed and it's all about toxic lifestyle or whatever now. Pretty close to closing my acct.

AlaskaJono

I'm glad somebody addressed this. That's all I get in email for alerts now.

Disclosure: I have no idea who Ray peat is. I found this forum years back looking for info to help a health issue once and was interested in suggested things for this and that. I never believe what I read instantly but rather do research. I was against many things Peat said (Omega 3's helped me tremendously, so I don't care what he has to say about them) so I was here for the discussions and different things tried from people trying to better their health, had nothing to do with RP. I also strongly disagreed with some things stated by other posters, no matter how angrily they demanded their information was correct. But obv something changed and it's all about toxic lifestyle or whatever now. Pretty close to closing my acct.
Check out Ray's work directly if you like, not filtered through someone else take on it. raypeat2.com if you are interested in biochemisty etc. . And yes, Omega 3 s can help out symptom-wise by suppressing the immune system. Great in the short term, but no necessarily a long term solution. I also disagree with many folks here, but that also makes for great discussion, if one is 'not religious' about the specific 'scientific' point of view. Also what works for one does not necessarily work for all. Anyhow, I get ya mate on the change. Adios.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals