Low Toxin Lifestyle Is the vitamin A and toxic bile problem really a low histamine problem?

Deadpool

I've been following the toxic bile theory for a little over 2 years now and even back then I kept trying to connect the dots to different health concepts.

When niacin kept popping up a few months ago and everybody said how great it helped with their detox I immediately had to think about histamine and methylation.

I know old forum user @redsun has posted about this a lot but about 3 years ago I really struggled with mental health and felt like I was going crazy. I was probably really copper toxic and full of adrenaline at the time. As I have people with psychosis in my family I was really worried and started researching. I found the work of Abraham Hoffer and how he used to treat patients with very high doses of niacing. Up to 3g a day.

So I tried 500mg of niacin and I remember feeling really good. As I've been researching it a couple days prior I expected the flush and felt really good from it. In fact, in those days I was chasing the flush and I went as high as 1500mg of niacin a day.

Fast forward and I kept researching the work of Dr Abaham Hoffer and others in the same field like Dr. William Walsh. They basically classify people into overmethylators and undermethylators. Now bear with me, because maybe this isnt scientifacally sound but its just a concept. Basically "overmethylators" have very low blood histamine (Hoffer called that histapenia) and struggle with high copper, food intolerances, slow metabolism, high adrenaline, anxiety etc and "undermethylators" have very high histamine and struggle with OCD, depression, allergies but they have very high stomach acid and digest food great.

Long story short, I did the test they recommend which is a whole blood histamine test and my results came back as having very low histamine in my blood. In fact, my pracititioner told me my case is very severe and they have very rarerly seen such low blood histamine numbers as you can see below:

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 09.21.58.png

In any case, the treatment for those types is to increase histamine in the blood with stuff like folate, zinc, b6 and you guessed it, niacin.

Supposedly once you have increased histamine, your stomac acid increases and digestion improves.

I can vouch for that. Whenever I take niacin, b6 and all that stuff, my whole body seems to become more tolerable of stress and my stomach acid and digestion increases a lot.

Now I noticed that a lot of people in the low A groups and on this forum who are struggling seem to fit the low histamine characteristics which is why niacin is such a godsend for these people.

Pretty much everything that increases histamine and acetylcholine (these two go hand in hand in my experience) helps improve the detox and make these individuals better.

I also read somewhere that thyroid increases histamine sensitivity and stomach acid release which is why a lot of people on this forum might have benefitted from that.

Now these are just concepts in my opinion. I just think its interesting how a lot of people who struggle with overburdened and toxic livers, copper toxicity etc all seem to share these characteristic and benefit from niacin etc.

Just some additional food for thought. Not trying to debunk that vitamin A is a toxin or anything.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I think all new ideas (hypotheses) should be celebrated including yours, whether they turn out to be right or wrong.

I can't comment on histamine. I've not looked into it deeply.

One thing I am cautious about is when people talk about flushing and or using huge quantities of niacin, or any other supplement in a quantitiy that would not be possible from food, I suspect a chemotherapy type mechanism, like a drug response. This is opposed to a nutrient addressing a deficiency, restoring balance type mechanism. I just don't feel it is by giving the cells something they have been missing and addressing an imbalance, not in such huge doses.

For example the receipe for good lime mortar is around 1 lime to 3 sand, never 1 lime to 30 sand, or 300 sand. This might sound simplistic and could be wrong :):

Don

Great thread guys ! Regardless of exactly how, Niacin and forms of thiamine are really helping my digestion.
I need to thank @charlie for his posts on this.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Hi! I’m just finding this post. The symptoms I’ve struggled with most match up with what you’ve posted. Anxiety, poor digestion (constipation), high adrenaline. I’ve always been slim (even after 4 children), but not sure if I have a high metabolism or it’s due to other factors. I believe copper toxicity is a problem as well. A big clue is that I used to use a copper face toner and I realized that every time I’d spray it on I’d get severe anxiety afterwards. However, I’ve also struggled with histamine issues in the past. At one point, when I was really sick I felt like my body was constantly releasing histamines, but at the same time I have zero allergies and no food intolerances that I know of. Do you think it would still be possible for me to have low blood histamine even if I’ve struggle with histamine issues? Not sure if that makes sense. Either way, I think this a great discussion.

I’ve been taking flush niacin for a little over a month now and I feel GREAT on it. My digestion has improved a lot taking that and B1. I love the flush. I’ve also just finished Dr. Hoffer’s book and found it extremely helpful.

Don

Hi! I’m just finding this post. The symptoms I’ve struggled with most match up with what you’ve posted. Anxiety, poor digestion (constipation), high adrenaline. I’ve always been slim (even after 4 children), but not sure if I have a high metabolism or it’s due to other factors. I believe copper toxicity is a problem as well. A big clue is that I used to use a copper face toner and I realized that every time I’d spray it on I’d get severe anxiety afterwards. However, I’ve also struggled with histamine issues in the past. At one point, when I was really sick I felt like my body was constantly releasing histamines, but at the same time I have zero allergies and no food intolerances that I know of. Do you think it would still be possible for me to have low blood histamine even if I’ve struggle with histamine issues? Not sure if that makes sense. Either way, I think this a great discussion.

I’ve been taking flush niacin for a little over a month now and I feel GREAT on it. My digestion has improved a lot taking that and B1. I love the flush. I’ve also just finished Dr. Hoffer’s book and found it extremely helpful.
Wonderful to hear this and thanks for sharing.

orangebear

Hmm. Could this explain a feeling of impending doom when taking half a Benadryl for sleep? I’ve had that happen twice and now I’ll take insomnia over Benadryl, or cannabis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals