L-Histidine or not?

Motif

How to find out if somebody has low or high histamine issues?

some people claim l histidine made their histamine issues go away, but I heard it’s bad for people with histamine intolerance.

how is the influence on stomach acid? I really lack of stomach acid and that’s probably why I don’t absorb minerals which maybe Leads to my histamine issues.

when would it make sense to take l histadine and when not ?

PaRa

How to find out if somebody has low or high histamine issues?

some people claim l histidine made their histamine issues go away, but I heard it’s bad for people with histamine intolerance.

how is the influence on stomach acid? I really lack of stomach acid and that’s probably why I don’t absorb minerals which maybe Leads to my histamine issues.

when would it make sense to take l histadine and when not ?
@redsun is the more competent for this

i'm thinking of trying l-histidine / histidine supp bc I'm thinking I a little low hist, don't really know what's the best quality histidine powder, IIRC redsun has the bulk one but I don't know if it's the best

Tim Lundeen

The theory is that L-histadine raises background histamine levels, which inhibit mast-cell histamine release. Anti-histamines prevent mast-cell release, but too-low histamine is a problem also, we always need to be in the optimal range.

It looks like a lot of histamine issues are actually due to Th1-Th2 imbalance, here's a good paper on some possible protocols: http://www.metadocs.com/PDF/ANSR/MET676 Anti-Allergy Ansr.pdf

korpesh

I have been a lifetime sufferer of allergies, and have been experimenting with L-Histidine over the past month. I actually think it is slightly beneficial to making my allergies less somehow. It certainly hasn't made them any worse, and I think there's also an added mental stimulation effect from it, especially if you only take it a couple of times a week.

Kray

The theory is that L-histadine raises background histamine levels, which inhibit mast-cell histamine release. Anti-histamines prevent mast-cell release, but too-low histamine is a problem also, we always need to be in the optimal range.

It looks like a lot of histamine issues are actually due to Th1-Th2 imbalance, here's a good paper on some possible protocols: http://www.metadocs.com/PDF/ANSR/MET676 Anti-Allergy Ansr.pdf
Hey there- I just started taking l-histidine again, 3 days now. Have Bulk Supplements brand. I say 'just started' because when I tried it before I was put off by the yes-or-no on histaminic effect, not knowing where I was in the histamine range, but knowing I have food sensitivities, ragweed allergy, dermatitis issues.

I think this might have been posted on another thread if not this one (sorry I didn't check) but I found this the other day and I was so encouraged I decided why not try histidine again. Feeding filaggrin: effects of l-histidine supplementation in atopic dermatitis - PubMed

The supplement I have is only a 500mg dose but based upon the study, I upped mine to 2g for starters, and may go to 4g today. So far the only thing I can say is my skin itching is not as pronounced as before I began.

Your post above was the first I have read that distinguishes between background H and mast-cell H. Very interesting. Since your post was awhile ago, If you have any further information to provide on continuing to use H, dosing, etc, please share. Thanks-

P.S. I wasn't able to link to the Th1-Th2 study. Could you send it again?

Kray

I have been a lifetime sufferer of allergies, and have been experimenting with L-Histidine over the past month. I actually think it is slightly beneficial to making my allergies less somehow. It certainly hasn't made them any worse, and I think there's also an added mental stimulation effect from it, especially if you only take it a couple of times a week.
@korpesh- care to update on your situation? Still taking, results?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals