Low histamine diet

OP
W

wayney

I fixed my histamine intolerance by increasing dietary copper, retinol and the usage of whole-food vitamin C complex supplement in roughly 2-3 months.

Over time I actually became histapenic (low serum histamine levels) and needed to stop my protocol.

Good luck.
Okay, how much of copper, retinol and vit C a day?

youngsinatra

Okay, how much of copper, retinol and vit C a day?
I did a daily ounce of beef liver for copper (4mg) and retinol (9000 IU) + 800mg of a whole-food vitamin C blend supplement.

I just freezed a whole bunch of fresh beef liver and cutted off an once of it per day. De-frosts in 5min in normal room temperature.

I asked my butcher when he gets fresh beef liver and always bought it on the same day it arrives there.

youngsinatra

I forgot to mention something else that I‘ve found very helpful for dealing with histamine intolerance symptoms and it is DAO supplementation. I took a capsule of DAOSiN 15min before I ate my meals.

If this relieves your symptoms you’re probably are on a good way with increasing dietary copper, retinol and whole food vitamin C, because they are needed for producing endogenous DAO in the gut.

PaRa

Basically you’d need :

Lots of calcium , copper (lot of liver),high doses whole food vitamin C (up to several grams a day)

no need to avoid meats fruits

Absolute calcium intake seems to weight way more than calcium to phosphorus ratio too

OP
W

wayney

I forgot to mention something else that I‘ve found very helpful for dealing with histamine intolerance symptoms and it is DAO supplementation. I took a capsule of DAOSiN 15min before I ate my meals.

If this relieves your symptoms you’re probably are on a good way with increasing dietary copper, retinol and whole food vitamin C, because they are needed for producing endogenous DAO in the gut.
Thanks!

I have tried DAO earlier but didn't feel anything.

Also tried copper, retinol and high doses vitamin C.

However I have never tried all of those at the same time.

OP
W

wayney

Basically you’d need :

Lots of calcium , copper (lot of liver),high doses whole food vitamin C (up to several grams a day)

Absolute calcium intake seems to weight way more than calcium to phosphorus ratio too
How much calcium?

How much liver a week? Ray peat says 4 ounces once a week of liver is safe and good, so I eat that right now.

youngsinatra

Thanks!

I have tried DAO earlier but didn't feel anything.

Also tried copper, retinol and high doses vitamin C.

However I have never tried all of those at the same time.
Did you try ascorbic acid or whole food vitamin C?

From my personal experience, only whole food vitamin C really lowers histamine powerfully. I actually use higher doses of ascorbic acid right now for histapenia to raise my low histamine levels, by the mechanism of lowering serum copper.

By the way. By increasing copper and retinol I actually meant increasing it via food sources, not supplements. I think copper supplements are not really bioavailable and can do more harm than good.

OP
W

wayney

Did you try ascorbic acid or whole food vitamin C?

From my personal experience, only whole food vitamin C really lowers histamine powerfully. I actually use higher doses of ascorbic acid right now for histapenia to raise my low histamine levels, by the mechanism of lowering serum copper.

By the way. By increasing copper and retinol I actually meant increasing it via food sources, not supplements. I think copper supplements are not really bioavailable and can do more harm than good.
I have tried different products - for example Innate Response Formulas, Vitamin C-400, 180 Tablets
Do you recommend another one?

Okay, so one ounce of liver a day for copper, what you you eat for retinol?

youngsinatra

I have tried different products - for example Innate Response Formulas, Vitamin C-400, 180 Tablets
Do you recommend another one?

Okay, so one ounce of liver a day for copper, what you you eat for retinol?
The vitamin C product looks decent! Probably would need 2-3 capsules of those, preferably spread apart over the day.

Beef liver already has plenty of retinol besides copper. It also has a lot of crucial other B-vitamins.

So these two would be my way to go.

redsun

I have issues with allergies (pollen, grass, fur animals and some foods).
When I started with the Ray Peat diet like 2 years ago I got a lot of allergic issue, for example really stuffed nose.

Now 2 years after following this diet I still feel allergic and I do not think that orange juice and a lot of other fruits and juices ain't good for me.
I get a lot of energy from the diet but it feels bad in another way, so I think that I need to try something new.

I recently found this site: Mast Cell 360, LLC

The low histamine food list on this site is really interesting:

For example she thinks that people with histamine issues should avoid beef (almost all beef is aged, that makes it very high histamine).
Also avoid collagen, bone broth etc.

I always found beef and bone broth as an issue (along with a lot of other foods).

She recommends the following meats: "Choose pasture-raised, frozen chicken, pork, lamb, mutton, and turkey".

I've always found that pork work well for me, I eat really lean parts.

Is it really an issue eating pork/chicken if it is just lean meat with no fat?

Also, don't you think that it is a lot of members on the forum having issues with histamine since eating Ray Peat diet which is really high in histamine (for example drinking massive amounts of OJ)?

Would be interesting to hear what knowledgeable members like @Hans and others thinks of this.

Orange juice and citrus in general is a histamine liberator. Fresh may not be so bad but as a general rule if you have histamine problems, foods that are histamine liberators will give you problems.

SamYo123

Basically you’d need :

And what if something causes you constipation like milk? constipation can destroy dao enyzmes and make u more intolerant to histamine?

Motif

Super high dosed zinc and copper makes a huge difference for my histamine issues, but it’s still bad. My levels just don’t rise or fall in deficiency state again after few days.

OP
W

wayney

The vitamin C product looks decent! Probably would need 2-3 capsules of those, preferably spread apart over the day.

Beef liver already has plenty of retinol besides copper. It also has a lot of crucial other B-vitamins.

So these two would be my way to go.
Okay, thanks!

mnl

I fixed my histamine intolerance by increasing dietary copper, retinol and the usage of whole-food vitamin C complex supplement in roughly 2-3 months.

Over time I actually became histapenic (low serum histamine levels) and needed to stop my protocol.

Good luck.
How much of each did you take?

PaRa

How much of each did you take?
You all overthinking it

Liver 2 times a week or more if you like it
lot of dairy (2 dairies based meals on your 3 meals if you do 3 a day)
coffee
Supp whole food vitamine C at minimum 500mg a day

you ll be low histamine in just some weeks
the stereotypical ray peat diet is histamine nuking

OP
W

wayney

You all overthinking it

Liver 2 times a week or more if you like it
lot of dairy (2 dairies based meals on your 3 meals if you do 3 a day)
coffee
Supp whole food vitamine C at minimum 500mg a day

you ll be low histamine in just some weeks
the stereotypical ray peat diet is histamine nuking
Feels as you simplifies things a little too much.

I can't either eat diary or drink coffee, so it ain't that easy.

PaRa

Feels as you simplifies things a little too much.

I can't either eat diary or drink coffee, so it ain't that easy.

sure coffee maybe too exciting if you are high histamine, histamine is what makes you alert (that’s why high histamine can manifest as insomnias)

dairy will lead to macrophages degranulation so higher histamine but it’s like if you pierce the infection site, at first it bleeds more but in the end it will exhaust your histamine pool

dairy Is like a bleeding histamine tool

and to help your body break down histamine you have to support DAO enzyme (copper and WHOLE FOOD vitamin C)

feels as you simplifies things too much too, histamine isn’t the bad guy ray peat says, remember that highish histamine leads to :

high libido
lower body wheight because of lower bodyfat by regulating hunger (so better insulin sensitivity and all that means)
better digestion (higher gastric HCL and enzymes production)
higher endurance and mental focus
better blood flow
higher testosterone and thyroid function
Histamine is also anti adrenaline and anti cortisol and anti serotonin (you know th things that near all peaters are trashtalking)

sure too high histamine is bad but like, don’t see it as the great bad guy, you don’t want to crash it, just to keep it highish and not too high

miquelangeles

Dairy is really bad for my skin, I have issues with rosacea and dairy makes it worse.
Coffee makes me feel extremely stressed and also use to make my rosacea worse.
Try unhomogenized dairy if you haven't yet. Ideally goat's. It's very likely you'll tolerate it perfectly.
Liver is great but you have to eat small amounts every day. Eating a full serving of liver if you have histamine intolerance is likely to just cause more symptoms. People on MAOI antidepressants can go into hypertensive crisis following a meal of beef liver.
Raw kidney glandulars can be helpful, as well as pancreatin or protease enzymes such as papain and bromelain.
1.5-2 grams of baking soda dissolved in water and taken 30 minutes before meals, for the spleen-mediated anti-inflammatory effect and to replenish the bicarbonate stores which are essential for the secretion of pancreatic juice.
100mg of CoQ10 reduces histamine reactions.
You'll also have to avoid certain foods but this is highly individual, you have to discern yourself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals