Is it true? Has my hero Ray Peat passed?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
From Patrick timpone
Ray Peat passed away at 86 on Thanksgiving day. He was one of the most iconoclastic thinkers of his time, and we were incredibly fortunate to visit with him monthly on our show for the past few years.
He's a sweet and generous man as he answered all the email questions live on the air that came in ... and our inbox was always more than full from his admirers .
We all with him the best and Godspeed on his next adventure.
All his shows are available in our archives since May of 2020.
May the blessings be, Ray Peat.

Androabo

Rest in Peace, Raymond Peat.
Brilliant mind. Generous man.
You have always shared your knowledge.
You has changed my life for the better.
He changed the course of the lives of myself, my family and my work.
Ray has changed the life of my patients for the better.
Thank you for your kindness and knowledge.
I will always be thankful to you.
I will always miss you.

Tansia

This is truly sad news. Ray was a ray if hope to me, he always had suggestions on how to improve health even if one felt hopeless. I'm going to feel lost without him.

TheGoogler

Thank you for all the wisdom you have provided me, and all the wisdom I have yet to learn. Rest easy Dr. Peat.

T

tca300

Thank you for sharing this correspondence. It’s special and timely.
I posted this exchange between him and me a long time ago in the thread dedicated to emails with him but thought because it's deep in there that many probably haven't seen it.

You're welcome

Mrscorpion360

if it wasn’t for him I’ll still be in my darkest place in my life. Thank you ray I hope you Rest In Peace.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just got an email stating RP passed on Thanksgiving...I'm speechless.:eek:

Good to hear from you, despite the bad occasion. Everything going more or less OK (if that is even possible nowadays)? Don't think you've posted anything in years.

Still in Pre-shock here.... before the grief.

He will be missed. Not only was he a clear-bright mind, a generous person, and a beautiful soul in a world of fog and delusion, he shared his knowledge and wisdom so we can carry on. We are the legacy. :emoji_pray:
+1

piro444

Man I’m sure heaven has a new angel
Thank you Ray for everything you’ve done
You helped me so much, I wish I could’ve spoken to you
Your memory will live forever, you taught us all to look at the bigger picture
I’ll miss you dearly, thank you forever

yerrag

Ray has been doing the yeoman task of connecting the dots for us his whole life. In a sea whose calmness belies treacherous undercurrents. We tread them with safety, and with his sextant and compass we can continue to guide others. He has laid for us the precepts to continue without him the journey he started, and for that we can remain steadfast in facing whatever tempest we encounter. Farewell, my captain! I shed tears like a son. Thank you!

Ray has been doing the yeoman task of connecting the dots for us his whole life. In a sea whose calmness belies treacherous undercurrents. We tread them with safety, and with his sextant and compass we can continue to guide others. He has laid for us the precepts to continue without him the journey he started, and for that we can remain steadfast in facing whatever tempest we encounter. Farewell, my captain! I shed tears like a son. Thank you!
Oh gosh you put me in tears with what you wrote here!

yerrag

iPeat

I keep writing extremely lengthy posts and erasing them. My words aren't good enough.

His work saved the life of my first-born and gave me my third. I also don't think I'd be alive. I owe more than I could ever repay.

Thank you for everything, Dr. Peat.

Peatful

Look at his talent.
And her beauty.

Love this piece.

We miss you Ray.

971C52D0-0355-410B-9D00-F97FDFDA800B.png

Lollipop2

Me: I understand this is off topic from what you typically teach, but I was wondering if you have run across any information or learned on your own, things that help people grieve over lost loved ones, and or fear of losing others to death? Thank you!

Ray Peat: It activates the “helplessness” reactions in the body, stress weakening your own life, and I think it can help to get out of that if you think of your life as a continuation of theirs—the same life, though with fewer bodies.

I will most certainly be carrying you with me as I continue on in this life Ray. It's the very least I can do for someone who saved my own. I will greatly miss and forever cherish our conversations.
Beautiful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals