Best Supplement For Constipation In Your Experience?

Inaut

Nature’s way are pretty good as the cascara is aged. My only dislike is the silica in it.... could be far worse

Elias

Nature’s way are pretty good as the cascara is aged. My only dislike is the silica in it.... could be far worse
Yes, the other option is to buy it pure and grind it yourself. It should aged, as you have mentioned. Mountain Rose Herbs is an excellent source for this.
Mountain Rose Herbs

ebs

Cascara Sagrada. Use it since 2017. I small capsule per day [which is about 1/10 of a tablespoon], at night time. Nothing I have tried before worked. This is a keeper and is safe for children and elderly. No side effects whatsoever.

I've read that you shouldn't take Cascare for more than one week as it can damage the gut. Are you saying you've been using it every day for two years with no problems?

Yes you can take it for years. It does not damage anything. Large amounts will stain the gut but the color disappears when you stop taking it and it is benign.

mostlylurking

Wheatgrass??????? No no no no no. Forget the wheatgrass. There's PUFA in wheatgrass. Cows can eat wheatgrass because they have a rumen with bacteria that saturates the PUFA. If you don't have a rumen, you shouldn't consume wheatgrass.

Cascara sagrada is great stuff, see here: Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.

Carrot salad, every day. See here: Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Constipation goes with hypothyroidism. This is a very big deal. Learn about it here: Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone. (this is an article on hypothyroidism, the automatic description is incorrect). Low functioning immune system also goes with hypothyroidism. Also read this one: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

I always knew my mother suffered from chronic constipation but I never knew it was this bad - she poops only once a week typically!

I was devastated when my dad told me, I'm still angry just thinking about all the suffering she's experienced over the years because of an incompetent medical system and uneducated medical workforce.

She has chronic sinus infections and Sjogrens - I am 99% sure they are a result of her atrocious gut health.

I'm going to see her on Thanksgiving and I'm going to make sure she gets on a Peat diet with a lot of juice, carrot salad, and wheatgrass.

As for as supplements I am thinking lapodin, magnesium chloride (both for constipation and for sinuses), and oxidal.

Can anyone please list any other supplement that's been able to get their bowels working like they should be?

I would greatly appreciate it

Xylitol. I've been swishing a teaspoon after meals to eliminate periodontal bacteria and decided not to spit out a heaped teaspoon the other day. Was in the bathroom soon after. Reread the label and discovered a warning regarding a laxative effect.

belcanto

I second the cascara sagrada; also taking 1 TBSP of psyllium husk in water along with the cascara helps. I started taking amla powder recently (Indian gooseberry, high in Vitamin C) and I think it's making a difference in "the go."

Marcine

Are you sure? In my experience, sweet potatoes slow down transit time
3 kg! Seriously? Plus the beta carotene! You might want to consider adding triphala and since that safely tonifies the intestines she may not need to continue other things. Although the advantage of Cas Sag. for estrogen is nice. I would consider the route of improving her hormones via the pregnenolone/dhea supp and then maybe progesterone. That will give her weight gain w/o molybedeum so a trace min complex might be good. How do you know that she will automatically switch to Peating? Just improving her meal frequency and getting her off grains may be enough of a change for her comfort level and you might want to demonstrate her hypothyroidism with an am temp reading. I also feel that Oxidal at this point would maybe be asking too much of her unless you can sit her down and watch Jodelle's interview w/Giorgi first. That's a substance to reckon with on a very personal level imo. Slow down, please have a plan/timeline in mind instead of barreling in, it's up to her to mind herself after all. May you be blessed!

Hildy

The magnesium citrate version of a product called Natural Calm. They make a magnesium carbonate but the citrate is what you want.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals