Is it true? Has my hero Ray Peat passed?

jay123

Just got one too. Good man.

We are devastated to share that Ray Peat passed away at 86 on Thanksgiving day, as told to us by a family member. He was one of the most iconoclastic thinkers of his time, and we were incredibly fortunate to be able to meet with and film him.

Over the past couple of years we released our full, unedited interview videos with Ray on YouTube, as well as a more recent audio interview with him about Gilbert Ling. A link to our channel is here.

We will share more info as it comes. In the meantime, let's all raise our coffee mug in memory of Ray.
Copyright © 2022 Perceive Think Act, All rights reserved.
You signed up on our blog.

Izzybelle

On The Back of a Tiger has posted it on FB. Beyond devastating. Ray Peat was truly my hero too. I feel lost without him in this world.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just got it too. :(
I don’t have words….

EnergeticLeo

RIP. A real legend. He completely changed the course of the lives of myself and my family, and I'll be forever amazed at what he has accomplished.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
May he RIP...if true. The kindest and most selfless person I ever interacted with. Truly a God's gift to humanity...that in many ways the latter did not deserve.

Inaut

Out of words. Attempted to write a few things but it's tough. He lit a fire in us all. Now it's our time to carry the torch in his honor and for humanity because that's the gift Dr. Peat left to us. His legacy....

Rest in peace Uncle Ray. You were an angel and blessing to many of us.

OP
T
@Izzybelle Me too. My life has been PROFOUNDLY changed for the better directly because of Ray Peat's generosity and wisdom.

I'm so sad...

Peatful

I sent him ant videos for his birthday this year….

I hope he knew i loved him like a father. More so actually.

All this to say
I do hope he knew the depth and breath of our admiration.

How I didn’t know much about him intimately-
But everything i knew
I deeply loved.

Rafe

I’m heartbroken. But heartened that I got to encounter Ray Peat. His views changed the course of my life for the better, too.

It’s our legacy now: perceive, think, act

Jonk

I’m heartbroken. But heartened that I got to encounter Ray Peat. His views changed the course of my life for the better, too.

It’s our legacy now: perceive, think, act
+1. Rest in peace

haidut

Forum Supporter
If it is any consolation, it looks like the community here collectively "knew" Ray's mind, so it should be able to go on and work towards implementing those goals while also expanding them even further. He said once that we live in and through others, and it looks like he was right...again!