Is it true? Has my hero Ray Peat passed?

ursidae

I haven't been the strictest follower of Ray Peat's diet recommendations. He changed my life in terms of belief system. As far back as when I was a young highschooler I held a materialist worldview. My belief was that human willpower was the result of material interactions. All abilities and talents rooted in biological determinism. This belief made me apathetic and prone to resignation. Discovering Ray Peat's ideas in 2019 helped me develop my materialist philosphy- all the emotional states and limitations that I felt I was a slave to are indeed material - they are causally dependent on physiological processes. Physiological processes that one can alter and fine tune. A year later, I read a novel inspired by the creator of general semantics, titled "The World of Null-A" and was struck by the notion of a "cortical-thalamic" pause - to stop and consider one's reaction before responding, to evaluate one's biases and emotional state. This further developed my mindset and made me realise that even when I have not yet figured out how to alter my physiological state, the simple realisation of the material origin of the emotion makes it dissipate. In some moments of very poor health, listening to Ray Peat's podcasts and rereading the novel helped me overcome extreme despair.

EnergeticLeo

I haven't been the strictest follower of Ray Peat's diet recommendations. He changed my life in terms of belief system. As far back as when I was a young highschooler I held a materialist worldview. My belief was that human willpower was the result of material interactions. All abilities and talents rooted in biological determinism. This belief made me apathetic and prone to resignation. Discovering Ray Peat's ideas in 2019 helped me develop my materialist philosphy- all the emotional states and limitations that I felt I was a slave to are indeed material - they are causally dependent on physiological processes. Physiological processes that one can alter and fine tune. A year later, I read a novel inspired by the creator of general semantics, titled "The World of Null-A" and was struck by the notion of a "cortical-thalamic" pause - to stop and consider one's reaction before responding, to evaluate one's biases and emotional state. This further developed my mindset and made me realise that even when I have not yet figured out how to alter my physiological state, the simple realisation of the material origin of the emotion makes it dissipate. In some moments of very poor health, listening to Ray Peat's podcasts and rereading the novel helped me overcome extreme despair.
Really nicely put. I've added that book to my reading list :D
I feel the same way - knowledge that your emotions are derivative of processes that you can manipulate in a positive way is really liberating. I never expected the blood sugar-to-mental state connection to be so strong!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals