Improve testosterone-DHT conversion

Trunks00

Hi,

I have just had my blood test results and I have attached the files.

The main concern is I have fairly good testosterone levels but low DHT. I have symptoms of anxiety and I think I could improve having higher DHT levels.

I would like to have more DHT (the final hormone) but I am not sure how I can do it. Is there any suplement or lyfestyle to improve the conversion from testosterone to DHT? I only see things to inhibit it becase of hair loss but I would like to improve it

Any advice would be appreciated...

Regards

Attachments

• agosto 2023 finales.pdf
    258.8 KB · Views: 56

Jremy25

Taking exogenous transdermal DHT increases 5 alpha reductase production. So essentially DHT stimulates its own synthesis.

Here’s a nice study which draws light to this:

Haidut covered this in a previous thread:

I can attest to this via my own experience using transdermal DHT gel for the past year.
Even after stopping DHT use, months later my serum DHT levels were still above the reference range. Also my beard growth is much faster than previously along with my erections being harder than ever.

I also had some bloodwork done whilst using the AlphaGels 20% transdermal DHT solution and it was INSANE. Over 10x the max reference range for DHT.

Felt like a BEAST in the gym and bedroom.

DHT is the king of masculinity!

Attachments

• IMG_6722.png
    IMG_6722.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 81

youngsinatra

Taking exogenous transdermal DHT increases 5 alpha reductase production. So essentially DHT stimulates its own synthesis.

I can attest to this via my own experience using transdermal DHT gel for the past year.
Even after stopping DHT use, months later my serum DHT levels were still above the reference range. Also my beard growth is much faster than previously along with my erections being harder than ever.

I also had some bloodwork done whilst using the AlphaGels 20% transdermal DHT solution and it was INSANE. Over 10x the max reference range for DHT.

What do you use besides the DHT? Your T and T3 also looks pretty high

Jremy25

What do you use besides the DHT? Your T and T3 also looks pretty high
I was also using 20% T gel at the time that these bloods were taken. Interestingly I wasn’t ysinf T3, I believe the DHT gel had an effect on boosting my T3 levels.

dukesbobby777

Are you associated with alphagels in any way? The alphagels user on reddit (who I assume owns, or is involved in the company) has previously given very 'Ray Peat' like inspired answers when other reddit users have asked him how to increase DHT, etc (just something I've observed). Not saying it's you, I just found that interesting. It's probably likely (I thought) that whoever that is, they are probably a member of this forum.

Vins7

Hi,

I have just had my blood test results and I have attached the files.

The main concern is I have fairly good testosterone levels but low DHT. I have symptoms of anxiety and I think I could improve having higher DHT levels.

I would like to have more DHT (the final hormone) but I am not sure how I can do it. Is there any suplement or lyfestyle to improve the conversion from testosterone to DHT? I only see things to inhibit it becase of hair loss but I would like to improve it

Any advice would be appreciated...

Regards
How is your hair? I'm curious about this.

Jremy25

Are you associated with alphagels in any way? The alphagels user on reddit (who I assume owns, or is involved in the company) has previously given very 'Ray Peat' like inspired answers when other reddit users have asked him how to increase DHT, etc (just something I've observed). Not saying it's you, I just found that interesting. It's probably likely (I thought) that whoever that is, they are probably a member of this forum.
I’m not associated with their company in any way, I’ve been using a few of their products for the past year. You are right, I have personally booked a consultation & coaching program with their guy David who indeed was very well versed on ray peat principles.

Jremy25

How is your hair? I'm curious about this.
Also curious on this. Very interestingly, even when I took my DHT to supraphysiological levels using DHT gel for prolonged periods of time, I had absolutely zero hair loss, if anything, my hair actually seemed to grow faster and thicker.

Explorer

So just naturally producing more DHT with age would progressively lead to it upregulating it's own synthesis even more?

Explorer

Wtf is that 1046ng/dl DHT? So literally several times over reference range? Did DHT boost your general T too? I'm surprised your E2 is 48pg/ml I'd assume the high DHT would strongly antagonize it. In 2021 when I was 21 my total T was 532ng/dl and E2 29pg/ml idk about DHT but if assuming by 5ar activity formula it shall be 50ng/dl or so

EustaceBagge

Wtf is that 1046ng/dl DHT? So literally several times over reference range? Did DHT boost your general T too? I'm surprised your E2 is 48pg/ml I'd assume the high DHT would strongly antagonize it. In 2021 when I was 21 my total T was 532ng/dl and E2 29pg/ml idk about DHT but if assuming by 5ar activity formula it shall be 50ng/dl or so
DHT antagonizes E2 not by lowering it (it can do this), but mainly by opposing action at receptor site. It either occupies the estrogen receptor, disables it/makes it less accessible or makes it so that estrogen receptor expression is lower even if activated. So a lot of ways to inhibit estrogen without necessarily inhibiting aromatization. Bloodwork is very individual and your T : E : DHT ratio may need finetuning based on symptoms above all.

Also one substance that boosts DHT a lot seems to be glycine. How true it is I don't know, but there are studies on the subject. Take a look at the article of Hans:

Jremy25

Co
Correct. My dosage of transdermal DHT pushed me into the supraphysiological range. I also used transdermal T & HCG for a period of time together with DHT so this pushed my E2 up.

Explorer

DHT antagonizes E2 not by lowering it (it can do this), but mainly by opposing action at receptor site. It either occupies the estrogen receptor, disables it/makes it less accessible or makes it so that estrogen receptor expression is lower even if activated. So a lot of ways to inhibit estrogen without necessarily inhibiting aromatization. Bloodwork is very individual and your T : E : DHT ratio may need finetuning based on symptoms above all.

Also one substance that boosts DHT a lot seems to be glycine. How true it is I don't know, but there are studies on the subject. Take a look at the article of Hans:
I have a Glycine powder and also Magnesium Glycinate, I have taken it sometimes but not sure if I noticed higher DHT signs, may need to do it more consistently

So DHT inhibits the estrogen receptor responsiveness to estrogen thus one may have not so low estrogen in serum but it wouldn't activate and cause estrogenic activity as much right?

EustaceBagge

I have a Glycine powder and also Magnesium Glycinate, I have taken it sometimes but not sure if I noticed higher DHT signs, may need to do it more consistently

So DHT inhibits the estrogen receptor responsiveness to estrogen thus one may have not so low estrogen in serum but it wouldn't activate and cause estrogenic activity as much right?
Exactly. And there is also the difference between serum and tissue-bound estrogen. Stuff like DHT and progesterone will "release" estrogen into the bloodstream as there is less bound-estrogen that was first untracable. For me, high prolactin is a good indicator of estrogenic activity even when e2 is on the lower side. This goes well with the theory that estrogen is a stress hormone.

Mossy

Also one substance that boosts DHT a lot seems to be glycine.
Take this with a large grain of salt, but substances that are purported to increase DHT, like glycine and creatine, I feel similar on: not too talkative, prefer to isolate and be project focused. have less patience for nonsense, and tend to have a deeper voice. A mixed bag of effects, I'd say, but ones that may be referred to has DHT derived.

EustaceBagge

Take this with a large grain of salt, but substances that are purported to increase DHT, like glycine and creatine, I feel similar on: not too talkative, prefer to isolate and be project focused. have less patience for nonsense, and tend to have a deeper voice. A mixed bag of effects, I'd say, but ones that may be referred to has DHT derived.
I feel exactly the same hence why I stated my doubts. I think the pro-DHT effect comes from calming stress hence the body functions better, not by directly increasing DHT. Basically anything that is healthy or anything that lowers stress or overexcitation will boost DHT if not overdone.

OP
T

Trunks00

Where and how do you apply dht gel? I have mild ginecomastia and was thinking to use it on my nipples

Regards and thanks for your answer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals