How to increase pregnenolone naturally?

liam183

I am trying to increase pregnenolone naturally (as well as DHEA) to help my overall health and benefit muscle growth. I tend to have a low appetite, and even when I force-feed myself I still find myself unable to gain substantial muscle. Any advice regarding pregnenolone, DHEA, as well as T/free T/DHT improvement is appreciated. Please note I would like to avoid exogenous pro-hormone supplementation. I am young so my body shouldn't have any issues ramping up its own production.

DonLore

I am trying to increase pregnenolone naturally (as well as DHEA) to help my overall health and benefit muscle growth. I tend to have a low appetite, and even when I force-feed myself I still find myself unable to gain substantial muscle. Any advice regarding pregnenolone, DHEA, as well as T/free T/DHT improvement is appreciated. Please note I would like to avoid exogenous pro-hormone supplementation. I am young so my body shouldn't have any issues ramping up its own production.
At least make sure you have a clean gut and good transit time. Candida/gut problems ******* killed me until I started killing the bugs with ACV, raw carrot with coconut oil, MCT oil, mushrooms, oil of oregano, cinnamon oil, black cumin seed, cloves etc

opethfeldt

Coffee/caffeine is probably the easiest way. A solid dose of about 3mg/kg will increase both preg and prog as well as DHT. I think this is all that is needed for most people. I've experimented heavily with both preg and prog and they don't give me any additional benefits over just using coffee. Keep in mind that you need to work up to this dose if you're not used to larger doses of caffeine and it should obviously always be taken with a large meal to prevent a stress response.

jay123

Coffee/caffeine is probably the easiest way. A solid dose of about 3mg/kg will increase both preg and prog as well as DHT. I think this is all that is needed for most people. I've experimented heavily with both preg and prog and they don't give me any additional benefits over just using coffee. Keep in mind that you need to work up to this dose if you're not used to larger doses of caffeine and it should obviously always be taken with a large meal to prevent a stress response.
So then coffee/caffeine will increase preg and prog? And 3mg/kg? So that would mean for me, 170 lbs. or 77kg. 77x3=231 mgs/per day. So it would be a very strong cup of coffee. Am I figuring this correctly? Thanks.

OP
L

liam183

At least make sure you have a clean gut and good transit time. Candida/gut problems ******* killed me until I started killing the bugs with ACV, raw carrot with coconut oil, MCT oil, mushrooms, oil of oregano, cinnamon oil, black cumin seed, cloves etc
I've done all of those things. I think my main issue tends to be low stomach acid. I stopped taking an HCl+enzymes supp to try TUDCA and TUDCA does seem to help but not to the extent that my old supp did. I should have someHCl+pepsin coming in today. I think that combined with TUDCA will help restore my appetite and allow me to eat. Right now I am undereating by quite a bit just because of low appetite and business with college.

opethfeldt

So then coffee/caffeine will increase preg and prog? And 3mg/kg? So that would mean for me, 170 lbs. or 77kg. 77x3=231 mgs/per day. So it would be a very strong cup of coffee. Am I figuring this correctly? Thanks.
Yup, that would be the dose. Should be all you need at your age. It would be a strong cup of coffee, though. Like I said, you may want to start slowly and work up if you're not used to it or you'll do more harm than good.

jay123

Yup, that would be the dose. Should be all you need at your age. It would be a strong cup of coffee, though. Like I said, you may want to start slowly and work up if you're not used to it or you'll do more harm than good.
Thanks. Im 49. I drink instant coffee mostly. I do a heaping tablespoon a day so Im probably around that amount.

ww3not4me

Well we can all improve physically, mentally and emotionally with training. That said when it comes to physical training some peoples genetics put them into a low responder category. So they train and eat but they do not make the same level of progress as someone with a body that responds to training better.

If someone is a hard gainer usually training less often and for shorter periods of time with far great intensity is the answer for them. Just the opposite of someone with genetics designed to respond well to physical stress.

You can even be a non-responder which is someone who's body reacts to exercise the way it would to say inflammation from injury or chemical attack.

So someone that is a low responder a typical program for them would be something like 8 exercises that cover the entire body. 1 warm up set and 2 work sets to failure in the 8-12 rep range. 2 minute rest between sets and done. Maybe 2X a week or 2x every 11 day with one HIIT aka High Intensity Interval Training workout in between those 2 workouts.

To get calories up you would try to add some type of protein smoothie or protein pulse to your normally daily meals. If you tolerate milk well than drinking a lot of milk is an old school easy way to get calories up. Adding Whey and Egg proteins to that and cholates syrup makes it even easier to not only increase calories but increase proteins.

Into my sons daily intake when they were in high school was a recovery drink when they got home from sports no matter if it was football or cross country. 1-2 bananas, berries of their choice, 2 scoops of whey protein isolate flavor of their choice, 2 cups of whole milk, 2 table spoons sugar and some ice and water according to how thick they liked it. Both are track stars at division 1 schools. In high school though one played football and was a sprinter, long jump and hurdler the other twin did cross country, long distance events in track and some years they played 3 sports tossing in basketball or bowling.

Back in middle school I always had chocolate milk for them for the ride home from practice or games. Chocolate milk is a proven recovery drink that is far better than typical electrolyte drinks like Gatorade for recover after the training or sport is over. You can google it!

In days of old especialy pre-steroids many athletes used breathing squats and milk often up to 1 gallon a day to bulk over Summer or off season. On the other hand if you are not a low responder than it is down to diet and training. You might look into programs on 20 Rep Breathing Squats combine with Milk. The other way to go is high volume training 10 sets of 10 reps or German Volume Training or the like. Each of those is at the opposite end of the spectrum so one of the two should work for you as long as you are taking in enough macro's for growth.

OP
L

liam183

Well we can all improve physically, mentally and emotionally with training. That said when it comes to physical training some peoples genetics put them into a low responder category. So they train and eat but they do not make the same level of progress as someone with a body that responds to training better.

If someone is a hard gainer usually training less often and for shorter periods of time with far great intensity is the answer for them. Just the opposite of someone with genetics designed to respond well to physical stress.

You can even be a non-responder which is someone who's body reacts to exercise the way it would to say inflammation from injury or chemical attack.

So someone that is a low responder a typical program for them would be something like 8 exercises that cover the entire body. 1 warm up set and 2 work sets to failure in the 8-12 rep range. 2 minute rest between sets and done. Maybe 2X a week or 2x every 11 day with one HIIT aka High Intensity Interval Training workout in between those 2 workouts.

To get calories up you would try to add some type of protein smoothie or protein pulse to your normally daily meals. If you tolerate milk well than drinking a lot of milk is an old school easy way to get calories up. Adding Whey and Egg proteins to that and cholates syrup makes it even easier to not only increase calories but increase proteins.

Into my sons daily intake when they were in high school was a recovery drink when they got home from sports no matter if it was football or cross country. 1-2 bananas, berries of their choice, 2 scoops of whey protein isolate flavor of their choice, 2 cups of whole milk, 2 table spoons sugar and some ice and water according to how thick they liked it. Both are track stars at division 1 schools. In high school though one played football and was a sprinter, long jump and hurdler the other twin did cross country, long distance events in track and some years they played 3 sports tossing in basketball or bowling.

Back in middle school I always had chocolate milk for them for the ride home from practice or games. Chocolate milk is a proven recovery drink that is far better than typical electrolyte drinks like Gatorade for recover after the training or sport is over. You can google it!

In days of old especialy pre-steroids many athletes used breathing squats and milk often up to 1 gallon a day to bulk over Summer or off season. On the other hand if you are not a low responder than it is down to diet and training. You might look into programs on 20 Rep Breathing Squats combine with Milk. The other way to go is high volume training 10 sets of 10 reps or German Volume Training or the like. Each of those is at the opposite end of the spectrum so one of the two should work for you as long as you are taking in enough macro's for growth.
Yep I've done all of that stuff before lol. I love breathing squats! Surprisingly, I tend to do best with 3 full body lifts per week. 2 of those I do 5x5 and the other one I do 3x8-12. Thanks for the write up man you are spot on with everything

Steed

Anything that increases metabolism, thyroid, caffeine etc. and vitamin A if you are deficient.

baccheion

Vitamin A, T3, and cholesterol (saturated fat, fructose, vitamin K2 MK-4, etc) are the main cofactors. A, D3, and K2 MK-4.

Go to gym.

Milk is the ultimate bulk cheat if not allergic. Are you? If not, drink 1+ gallon milk for a while (+ Naturelo One Daily for women and some B12 to match expected amount). There's a low-fat version: 1.5 ounces/pound 1% milk. 6+ cups at a time. Take remaining cups in the morning with 2 quality eggs, 1 cup orange juice, and some salt. Reduce cups to compensate for egg + juice calories.

OP
L

liam183

Vitamin A, T3, and cholesterol (saturated fat, fructose, vitamin K2 MK-4, etc) are the main cofactors. A, D3, and K2 MK-4.

Go to gym.

Milk is the ultimate bulk cheat if not allergic. Are you? If not, drink 1+ gallon milk for a while (+ Naturelo One Daily for women and some B12 to match expected amount). There's a low-fat version: 1.5 ounces/pound 1% milk. 6+ cups at a time. Take remaining cups in the morning with 2 quality eggs, 1 cup orange juice, and some salt. Reduce cups to compensate for egg + juice calories.
I've been drinking ~1 cup of raw milk daily. I don't do great with lots of pasteurized milk and can't tolerate ultra-pasteurized, I'd drink more raw milk if I had access to it, but it's illegal in my state and the cow shares near me are full. Believe me I'd do GOMAD if I had unlimited raw milk

OP
L

liam183

DonLore

Go to gym.

This. Liver, dairy fat, k2-mk4, coffee, lots of sugar, SUN EXPOSURE. Boosts hormones like crazy. Bone broth also seems like a very helpful thing

OP
L

liam183

This. Liver, dairy fat, k2-mk4, coffee, lots of sugar, SUN EXPOSURE. Boosts hormones like crazy. Bone broth also seems like a very helpful thing
I do all of that, but I think Mk4 has been a missing link for me. I just ordered some emu oil last night to get my requirements filled for Mk4. I already cook with ghee and duck fat and get some mk4 from raw milk and liver. Hopefully this will fill out my full need for it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals