Physiological Production Of Testosterone And DHT Per Day

Yggr

Hi everyone, I was curious if someone could help me locate or advise what the normal physiological production of testosterone is per day as well as DHT.

From my understanding and I may be mistaken testosterone production is in the order of 4-7mg per day and DHT would be about 1-2mg?

Much appreciated.

SonOfEurope

A healthy young man between age 17/18 and 40 should produce around 5mg Testosterone per night alone - In testicular production, the gonads also release some progesterone (1,5-1,75mg) and a residual amount of other androgens.

Those are endocrine hormones -released from the gonads to circulate freely.

DHT is a more complex subject because it's a paracrine hormone, like E2, it's made from circulating Testosterone (and also DHEA) in different tissues as needed, I'd say a man who weights 80 kilos (176lb) generates at least 5-6mg from both Testosterone and DHEA, this is total DHT production throughout the man's entire body that blood tests cannot measure, Androsterone stays in a loop of conversion back and forth and has properties of both progesterone and DHT (Androsterone is in molecular structure somewhat intermediate ).

Last edited: