I Took 100mg Pregnenolone ED For Years - Please Help Me

OP
K

Kalle

The most recent pregnenolone I received from Health Natura smells strongly like glue or something. My tongue and mouth feel numb for more than an hour each time after I take it. It is the exact same lot number as the last order of pregnenolone I received from them, but the last one did not have the smell or the mouth effect. Is this normal?

Pregnenolone isn't that expensive to make and I doubt any serious vendor would put their trust on the line for a few measly dollars. So don't worry about the quality. What you should worry about is the permanent damage that you are about to do. Good luck!

Experienced

Pregnenolone isn't that expensive to make and I doubt any serious vendor would put their trust on the line for a few measly dollars. So don't worry about the quality. What you should worry about is the permanent damage that you are about to do. Good luck!
what do you mean with serious damage? why would Healthnatura put people in danger?

Experienced

I found that the excess pregnenolone converted into testosterone and I felt low testosterone symptoms just after I got off. I agree with you about the waist too, it's a bit strange that Myusernamehere found the waist growing. I tried MRM but ended up with LifeExtension.

I emailed LifeExtension and asked what I should do and they said that they have now stopped selling Pregnenolone as a supplement in europe because of research made about the side effects. They also mentioned that I should visit a doctor for my problems.
If Anyone Is Interested I'll Be Sharing COA Of Douglas Labs Pregnenolone

check this post it contains COA of Pregnenolone it`s third party lab tested.

OP
K

Kalle

Maybe the gym had to do with it/exercise overload and not preg per se.

I had an experience before where too much weights/exercise/stress really took its toll on me eventually.

Nah, gym has always been my heroin. She makes me feel good anytime I feel bad, except for now. I can't shake this anxiety, it's here every second of every breath.

what do you mean with serious damage? why would Healthnatura put people in danger?

I doubt that this company your referring to would specifically aim to put people in danger, any company usually aims to put money in their pockets.
And that means that sometimes you can sell a substance that is still somewhat socially acceptable until real studies will present that it is in fact DANGEROUS. I'm one living example, if you search the web you will find several others.

Experienced

I doubt that this company your referring to would specifically aim to put people in danger, any company usually aims to put money in their pockets.
And that means that sometimes you can sell a substance that is still somewhat socially acceptable until real studies will present that it is in fact DANGEROUS. I'm one living example, if you search the web you will find several others.
you used commercial grade ****88 up vendors like Life extension these guys are multi billionaire companies that thinks about their pockets in both ways did they provide you with any COA? if not then blame on their shitty products and not the hormones that are actually useable.

I understand, it's pure. But we're talking about side effects here. Are you suggesting that side effects stem from impure preg?
yes I felt sick and had diarrhea from 350MG pregnenolone MRM nutrition..

CreakyJoints

I'm not sure where Ray Peat claims daily doses in grams is a good idea; perhaps he did take a lot at some point, although I wasn't really aware of this, but I recall one interview in the last few years in which he says 10mg once a week could be beneficial.

Perhaps the other replies are right (although many sound a bit unsympathetic) and you had a very bad batch; it certainly wouldn't be unusual to have really bad side-effects from something that was impure, but equally it might just not be for everyone all the time. Fingers crossed you can figure out which it was. Not to parade my ignorance here, but potentially it sounds a bit like rebound withdrawal - I've suffered that with a few substances and it can take longer than 5 months to see improvement. I hope that's not the case (I imagine someone will now explain why that's impossible), but if it is, don't lose hope.

Were you taking anything else with it? I know you listed some things you've tried since. I don't pretend to understand everything in this article even though it seems quite simple, but other drugs (and conditions) can have drastic effects on your pregnenolone levels as well.

CreakyJoints

I'm sorry to be so on the fence about it, but for what it's worth, I know Ray Peat has said in the past that it is very difficult to procure pregnenolone without any allergens.

Experienced

I'm sorry to be so on the fence about it, but for what it's worth, I know Ray Peat has said in the past that it is very difficult to procure pregnenolone without any allergens.
So there's none of the vendors that are real? I didn't even look closely on the COA of healthnatura and it says that it's from china .:eek:

I'm fingers crossed if it'll actually work for me .

CreakyJoints

I don't think that's really what he was saying, but it is good to be diligent about these things.

Wilfrid

I will second @CreakyJoints as well.
Putting aside medical studies and everyone’s subjective experiences, a very safe approach to minimize drug nonspecificity of action and nonselectivity of place is the use of minimum effective doses.
Any long term drugs, vitamins, minerals or hormonal supplementation, be it «pure» or not, if the dose taken repeatedly exceed your body’s specific requirement at a specific time (of the day, week, month, seasonal changes or during a prolonged stressful emotional and/or physical state ect....), will quickly put your whole organism in an adaptation state and then, shortly or lately, leading you up to the point of a disadaptation one. And finding any effective therapeutic solutions will be very tricky at this point.
Doses like 100 mg of preg are far from being anecdotal and even if you were able to put your hands on a very « pure » preg, 5 or 10 mg are effective and, often, more than enough.

Last edited:

Nnanuu

I think you have caused an anemic state.
Test for iron.
Likely deficient.
Good luck

Andman

preg can be tricky indeed, it seems to have some effect on nmda through various mechanisms. that coupled with the potential for gaba-antagonism can absolutely lead to anxiety. there are plenty of old user reviews on here that talk of similar problems

How can pregnenolone turn into Estrogen? What kind of vendor are you taking from there probably is inpurity with the stuff you used. People claim side effects from sh*t that they don't even know the purity about my midsection decreased after using pregnenolone I even lost weight from it. So my guess is use a ******* good pregnenolone and stop complaining about the side effects for once.

Hmm, so which part of my own personal experience got you so worked up? Stress hormones under control? All good?

To answer your question; pregnenolone can turn into almost anything.

Capture.JPG

This will be different for everyone, obviously, but at the time of my taking it, it made me bloated and moody and was likely converting into estrogen. Nothing to do with inpurities (sic) and all to do with the distribution and rate-limit factor of steroid conversion pathways and enzymes.

High dose Preg produced such a high DHT that it crushed your T&E?

You lost me here

Negative chief, the experience I mentioned with CNS disregulation was the result of coming off of a long period of alternate day fasting and low calorie eating. Pregnenolone was one of those things I tried in an attempt to fix it, in vain however.

rzero

The most recent pregnenolone I received from Health Natura smells strongly like glue or something. My tongue and mouth feel numb for more than an hour each time after I take it. It is the exact same lot number as the last order of pregnenolone I received from them, but the last one did not have the smell or the mouth effect. Is this normal?
Does anyone know of a lab that will test supplement samples for a reasonable price? I am curious to find out what is actually in this stuff would be willing to drop some cash to do so.

I also just ordered some Double Wood pregnenolone capsules. It's supposedly made in the US and they have a third-party COA on their site. I would prefer pure powder, but the only other ingredients listed are bovine gelatin and rice flour.

Experienced

I also just ordered some Double Wood pregnenolone capsules. It's supposedly made in the US and they have a third-party COA on their site. I would prefer powder, but the only other ingredients are bovine gelatin and rice flour.
Seems perfect.

Does anyone know of a lab that will test supplement samples for a reasonable price? I am curious to find out what is actually in this stuff would be willing to drop some cash to do so.
Bumppppp!!!!! :bump2

TomS

@Experienced
I"m in Germany and work as small enterpreneur.
I order pregnenolon from UK, product is Swanson 50 mg 60 capsules, as it seems fairly good quality.
Last year some of my orders have been confiscated by German DHL, One month after delivery I usually received a letter from Customs Office, I must visit them, however before it I may pay 28 Euro to DHL, as confiscation was a hard job :): I let the parcels, whether they sent them back or take them.... Seller paid me back full refund by paypal.
This January I sent them a letter, that they must label it not as private person, but add e.K., Einzelkaufmann, small enterpreuneur.
Since that all parcels have arrived without any extra payments.

I use pregnenolon with MCT oil, in DMSO solution with urea pulver and divided 50 mgs into 2 or 3 parts.
I take it evening, together with cascara and I sleep all night without break. I am in my 63th year.

I see German law is very strict, they do not allow importing pregnenolon Ultra 10 mg. I think 10 mg is better in quality.
However, I can order 50 mg 60 caps without any problems. Delivery is free within EU and they know the price limits.
If you order 200 units, they send you in 50 parcels, so no VAT, no customs for private persons.
I order preg in 12pc/packets, price is very competitive. If one order only 1 pc, it costs more.
If you need more info, check healthmonthly co uk. After brexit is may it be a bit more expensive (Ust 7%).
After I log in prices are about half than browsing without registration.

I requested last year my own import license for outside of EU, as I order some of my products from Asia, from reputable firms.
In Germany 1 liter wintergreen oil costs 130-150 Euro, I bought (together with courier price, German tax and local costs of curier) at 36 Euro / lit.
However, I did not order cacao butter from there, as its price was more than in UK.
I ordered Virgin Cacao Butter 100% pure from UK, althought I know Spanish company and a Belgian warehouse where it is much more cheaper, but I did not want to buy a pallet.

Experienced

@Experienced
I"m in Germany and work as small enterpreneur.
I order pregnenolon from UK, product is Swanson 50 mg 60 capsules, as it seems fairly good quality.
Last year some of my orders have been confiscated by German DHL, One month after delivery I usually received a letter from Customs Office, I must visit them, however before it I may pay 28 Euro to DHL, as confiscation was a hard job :): I let the parcels, whether they sent them back or take them.... Seller paid me back full refund by paypal.
This January I sent them a letter, that they must label it not as private person, but add e.K., Einzelkaufmann, small enterpreuneur.
Since that all parcels have arrived without any extra payments.

I use pregnenolon with MCT oil, in DMSO solution with urea pulver and divided 50 mgs into 2 or 3 parts.
I take it evening, together with cascara and I sleep all night without break. I am in my 63th year.

I see German law is very strict, they do not allow importing pregnenolon Ultra 10 mg. I think 10 mg is better in quality.
However, I can order 50 mg 60 caps without any problems. Delivery is free within EU and they know the price limits.
If you order 200 units, they send you in 50 parcels, so no VAT, no customs for private persons.
I order preg in 12pc/packets, price is very competitive. If one order only 1 pc, it costs more.
If you need more info, check healthmonthly co uk. After brexit is may it be a bit more expensive (Ust 7%).
After I log in prices are about half than browsing without registration.

I requested last year my own import license for outside of EU, as I order some of my products from Asia, from reputable firms.
In Germany 1 liter wintergreen oil costs 130-150 Euro, I bought (together with courier price, German tax and local costs of curier) at 36 Euro / lit.
However, I did not order cacao butter from there, as its price was more than in UK.
I ordered Virgin Cacao Butter 100% pure from UK, althought I know Spanish company and a Belgian warehouse where it is much more cheaper, but I did not want to buy a pallet.
hey welcome bro!

I recently ordered from healthnatura still wating on my parcel. Hyped to try.

yes they don`t want people to use Pregnenolone.

I`m also from EU just keep stuff private labeled.

sladerunner69

Pregnenolone increases pregnenolone sulfate (PS), which is a GABA antagonist, however pregnenolone also converts to progesterone, which has a pro-GABA effect. To lower PS, just stop taking the pregnenolone and add in something pro-GABA, such as magnesium, theanine, etc.

Maybe it was the pregnenelone> progesterone causing anti-androgen effects. Many guys have reported lower libido after taking progesterone. The OP could have thrown their androgens out of balance from maintaining high progesterone for so long.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals