Pregnenolone Caused Changes To The Appearance Of Veins?

Broco6679

I started supplementing pregnenolone after my serum progresterone levels came back low. I've been on TRT for a couple years now so I can only assume that HPTA shutdown is the cause of the deficiency.

After a week on 25mg daily I started to notice pain in the veins on the back of my hands and on my upper arm. A few days later, the appearance of the veins also started to change. I do not know exactly how to describe the change in appearance, but I can only say they look 'older'.

I've attached a photo of the veins that arose on my thigh following pregnenolone supplementation. These were not there before I began to supplement.

I noticed a great improvement in memory, overall cognitive function and heart rate after supplementing, but I discontinued use after the above side effects. It's been a few months now and the pain has completely gone, but the change in appearance to the veins has remained.

Does anyone know what might have caused this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PregVeins.jpg
    PregVeins.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 108

LUH 3417

I started supplementing pregnenolone after my serum progresterone levels came back low. I've been on TRT for a couple years now so I can only assume that HPTA shutdown is the cause of the deficiency.

After a week on 25mg daily I started to notice pain in the veins on the back of my hands and on my upper arm. A few days later, the appearance of the veins also started to change. I do not know exactly how to describe the change in appearance, but I can only say they look 'older'.

I've attached a photo of the veins that arose on my thigh following pregnenolone supplementation. These were not there before I began to supplement.

I noticed a great improvement in memory, overall cognitive function and heart rate after supplementing, but I discontinued use after the above side effects. It's been a few months now and the pain has completely gone, but the change in appearance to the veins has remained.

I’m curious about this too. I got some broke capillaries on my leg and the veins became more visible and greenish on my thigh after using progesterone. The old song is that progesterone causes excess estrogen to move out of cells and if your liver isn’t functioning well enough the excess estrogen will saturate your cells. I don’t know if I believe that. I think high cortisol causes veins to look enlarged. Were you eating your usual diet taking pregnenelone?

Regina

What brand pregnenolone are you using?
For me, if the veins on the backs on my hands are bulgy, I put a couple drops of progestene on them and the bulge recedes. So, both stressnon and progestene shrink my veins.
Have you also tried methelene blue? Or Estroban?

Fractality

I recall reading somewhere in the Peatosphere that non-bulging / flat veins are optimal. Can anyone confirm?

OP
B

Broco6679

Bump

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this happened to my veins? I am considering restarting pregnenolone for various reasons, but I'm concerned that it may further worsen my veins.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I recall reading somewhere in the Peatosphere that non-bulging / flat veins are optimal. Can anyone confirm?
I read that in one of his books. I’m sorry I don’t remember which one atm.

fevronia

Bumping this. The veins in my hands and feet are popping out noticeably now. I have been paying better attention since seeing the vein doc recently and having him suspect venous insufficiency. I have been taking pregnenolone this last year+ regularly. It is the supplement I have taken the most of all. It helps with my energy and brain fog. I’m going to pause and see what happens with my vein issues.

Snicky

I saw the same. Would love more info on how to get this. It certainly is a trait of youth, bulging veins more of the aged. I feel maybe some of mine have improved since implementing some Peaty ideas, but would love to understand better what it means and how to know if we’re going in the right direction.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals