My Brain Is In Trouble And I Need Help

rei

You need a reboot for your system. High fat->IF->fasting is the way to do it. Once you have a few 2-3 day fasts under your belt you will feel like a new man, then start applying RP principles to get the body into a high metabolism state to rebuild effectively.

Progesterone and methylene blue were already mentioned and i think they are definitely worth trying. Maybe add some pregnenolone. These are very safe compared to the questionable 'medicines' that brought you down.

mostlylurking

I've read through some of this but not all. I'm going to comment on what stands out to me.

#1: You are only taking T4 and your thyroid test numbers are pretty horrible. It will be helpful for you to read about thyroid hormones in the brain. From memory, Ray Peat has said that the brain requires more T3 in the brain for it to function properly so T3 concentrates there and taking T4 alone can increase the T4 in the brain which will make things worse. Use this search engine to learn more: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless . Search for thyroid and also for thyroid and brain. Also, understand that your body can't do anything with the T4 unless your liver can convert it to T3. If you are low on T3, or low on blood sugar, or high in estrogen your liver can't make the conversion from T4 to T3. Taking T4 by itself (without T3) often is worse than taking nothing. NP thyroid by Acella is a natural desiccated thyroid that includes T3 and works as well as the old Armour (before the manufacturer ruined it). I've been taking it for 5 years. My endocrinologist has put many of his patients on it because he sees the positive results. Read up on this issue via the search engine, then get your doctor to put you on a med that includes T3, like the NP Thyroid by Acella.

#2: Bananas are high in serotonin. Just don't eat them. Serotonin is inflammatory. The brain doesn't feel pain from inflammation but it can sure gum up brain function. From personal experience, 1 banana + a little tiny bit of methylene blue = extreme joint pain for 24 hours. Banana includes a big dose of serotonin and methylene blue is an MAO inhibitor. If I were you I'd leave the methylene blue alone. Work on getting your gut healthy to lower your serotonin level as much as possible. Use the search engine above, search for Serotonin.

#3: Consider the possibility of estrogen overload. I know you are male, but males have issues with estrogen too. You could be suffering from environmental exposure. Estrogen causes inflammation, including brain inflammation, and inflammation increases estrogen. Get yourself some Progest-E and try it. It won't hurt you. Use the same search engine (above) to search for estrogen and for progesterone and read up so that you understand the issue.

I think that if you will focus on minimizing inflammation you will see improvement in your brain function. Simply optimizing your thyroid medication may be enough to do the trick. Work with your doctor. If they refuse to give you a med with T3 in it then find another doctor.

Don't give up!

OP
T

Tidal

Sorry, it's just so hard to even make myself reply to this thread sometimes. My avolition/ADHD is so strong.

I admit that when I was on 125mcg of levothyroxine whilst on that poisonous drug amitriptyline, I felt slightly better physically. But that's it. Then my dr lowered my dose and he refused to listen. Some of you will say get a new Dr but it's not that simple. They are almost all the same in the UK and nigh on impossible to get T3 or natural thyroid prescribed here. I truly hate them.

In 2018 I ordered some NDT from Thailand which was a brand many people used and it did nothing. Well, it permanently increased urinary frequency for some reason..

Anyway, I don't think the thyroid is the source of all this personally-based on history and what I've tried.

I'll consider methylene blue but I don't think I want to take progest e. Doesn't seem like what I need right now and I read it can increase estrogen.

Maybe I could try low dose DHEA?

I just get so overwhelmed by all of this because there is just so much to it and it seems neverending. I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't. Apologies for the rant, just stressed with it all. Even dissociating typing this

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals