Hydrogen Peroxide (h2o2) Therapy?

Hydrogen peroxide is basically what makes PUFA dangerous...

Sheila

In my experience, chemicals used in/as rocket fuels usually elicit some collateral damage.
Sheila

tara

LeeLemonoil

Pharmacologic ascorbic acid concentrations selectively kill cancer cells: Action as a pro-drug to deliver hydrogen peroxide to tissues

Pharmacologic ascorbic acid concentrations selectively kill cancer cells: Action as a pro-drug to deliver hydrogen peroxide to tissues

Human pharmacokinetics data indicate that i.v. ascorbic acid (ascorbate) in pharmacologic concentrations could have an unanticipated role in cancer treatment. Our goals here were to test whether ascorbate killed cancer cells selectively, and if so, to determine mechanisms, using clinically relevant conditions. Cell death in 10 cancer and 4 normal cell types was measured by using 1-h exposures. Normal cells were unaffected by 20 mM ascorbate, whereas 5 cancer lines had EC50 values of <4 mM, a concentration easily achievable i.v. Human lymphoma cells were studied in detail because of their sensitivity to ascorbate (EC50 of 0.5 mM) and suitability for addressing mechanisms. Extracellular but not intracellular ascorbate mediated cell death, which occurred by apoptosis and pyknosis/necrosis. Cell death was independent of metal chelators and absolutely dependent on H2O2 formation. Cell death from H2O2 added to cells was identical to that found when H2O2 was generated by ascorbate treatment. H2O2 generation was dependent on ascorbate concentration, incubation time, and the presence of 0.5-10% serum, and displayed a linear relationship with ascorbate radical formation. Although ascorbate addition to medium generated H2O2, ascorbate addition to blood generated no detectable H2O2 and only trace detectable ascorbate radical. Taken together, these data indicate that ascorbate at concentrations achieved only by i.v. administration may be a pro-drug for formation of H2O2, and that blood can be a delivery system of the pro-drug to tissues. These findings give plausibility to i.v. ascorbic acid in cancer treatment, and have unexpected implications for treatment of infections where H2O2 may be beneficial.

Dave Clark

There are osteopathic doctors who are big on using Ozone to improve oxygen metabolism efficiency. One of those is Dr Frank Shallenberger and his site is here: Anti Aging Treatment | Alternative Medicine | Dr. Frank Shallenberger M.D. | Carson City NV | Reno NV

I have not read his book "Bursting With Energy" so I don't know the details. What I don't understand is how can something like ozone improve mitochondrial *use* of oxygen? Wouldn't oxygen saturation simply increase? And this would be at the expense of CO2 saturation, which if you believe Peat means there is less oxygen utilization, since CO2 is supposed to enhance use of oxygen?
I have heard lectures from Shallenberger where he talks about ozone improving the NAD/NADH ratio, etc. This isn't the best article, just one I ran across: How to Cheat Death - Ozone Therapy - Second Nature Care

koky

Squirting or swabbing or brushing it might be better, because if a spray is very fine some of it might be inhaled, and would damage the lungs.

On 5/3/14 6:54 AM
do you see any problem spraying hydrogen peroxide on a tooth brush or cooking counters ?

Mauritio

What do you guys think of h2o2 for mouth disinfection and teeth whitening?

Vinny

What do you guys think of h2o2 for mouth disinfection and teeth whitening?
In low concentrations and not doing it obsessively, it won`t probably damage the enamel at all, so I guess it would be beneficial.

Mauritio

In low concentrations and not doing it obsessively, it won`t probably damage the enamel at all, so I guess it would be beneficial.
I tried it today and has seemed to clear my sinuses eventhough I just put it in my mouth.

If you look at the anatomy
, they are connected through the oro antral hole ,so it seems possible.

Vinny

I tried it today and has seemed to clear my sinuses eventhough I just put it in my mouth.

If you look at the anatomy
, they are connected through the oro antral hole ,so it seems possible.
Good.
For unknown reason my sinuses has been stuffed lately, so I'll try this. I've got 3% solution. How much do you put and for how long?

SOMO

Haidut and RP claim that reductive metabolism is what causes the cancer metabolism so increasing ROS in someone that has cancer would be beneficial because the ROS kills the cancer cells?

Radiation and chemotherapy both work by increasing ROS.

When I was hardcore parasite / candida cleansing a couple years ago and drank food grade peroxide in my water - just a a little each am. It does kind of clean you out. My doctor recommended to gargle with it and use it in my water pick machine - he said that just the little bit that slides down the throat helps kill the baddies in the stomach/ intestinal tract. He also said that what HE does it is mix a couple drops of Clorox and a couple drops of colliodial silver in his water pick water . This was a chief of staff of a very prestigious hospital that told me to do this to help cure my stomach issues. Interesting right ?

SOMO

Haidut and RP claim that reductive metabolism is w

hat causes the cancer metabolism so increasing ROS in someone that has cancer would be beneficial because the ROS kills the cancer cells?

Radiation and chemotherapy both work by increasing ROS.

This is what I was talking about in case anyone was wondering.

Still awaiting someone smarter than me to clarify this.

THE FREE RADICAL CONNECTION & ANTI-OXIDANTS

Oxidative therapies produce free radicals. Some free radicals are compounds naturally produced by the body and are necessary for energy-delivery to cells and destruction of microorganisms. However, free radicals are also produced in the environment through air pollution, toxic waste, certain food additives, pesticide residues and radiation (i.e. X-ray and airplane) that can lead to an accumulation of free radicals in the body (if the body’s enzyme systems are impaired and cannot “quench” the free radicals or if the systems become too overwhelmed with too many free radicals).
An excess of these free radicals can cause a great deal of harm to cells, including: altering molecular properties of the cell, thereby affecting cell-cell communication and functioning; puncturing the cell membrane allowing bacteria and viruses easy entry; exposing genetic material, thereby making it vulnerable to mutation and destruction; and overburdening the immune systems. As a result, free radical damage has been considered to be at the route of all degenerative disease, including atherosclerosis, cancer, cataracts, diabetes, allergies, cognitive decline, immune disorders, arthritis and generally play a large role in the aging process.
Our body has three main antioxidant systems that protect cells from free radicals by chemically changing them into harmless compounds like oxygen and water: catalase, superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. In addition to these antioxidant systems, we need to augment our body’s antioxidant supply with nutritional antioxidants through food (fruits and vegetables primarily) and appropriate supplementation where needed (i.e. vitamin C, D, E, beta-carotene, zinc, selenium and others), since excess free radical activity can deplete our body’s antioxidant reserves.

gallahad

I can tell from experience, that dosage is important. My dentist told me to use it with a water pik about a table spoon to keep certain bacteria in your mouth flora in check. The benefit of h2o2 is that it doesn't kill the good flora and keeps the rest intact.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals