Orange Juice is a potent anti-thyroid

Beastmode

I guess I'm pretty lucky cause half a year I get sweet oranges, from November to late April/early May. loads of people find them too sweet even! They're as if you put some honey in them, ridiculous but I'm not complaining. they're done now so I'm switching to apricots, peaches, and then watermelons (best in the world!) and honeydew melons
Where in the country are you?

Mufasa

What would you classify as pro-thyroid and anti-endotoxin food?

I think that most food that are commonly labeled as “healthy”, are anti-endotoxin. Fruits, salads, fish, nuts (unsaturated fats), vegetables, foods high in insoluble fiber etc. I think many will look and feel better on this in the short term. Food that feels “fresh” and “light”. Woman are often attracted to this, having a salad with fish. I think your skin will look more pretty, quite quickly, and woman associate this food with that. You will feel less brain fog, more clear headed, but doing such a diet long term, and you will havoc your metabolism and gut.

Pro thyroid food, or maybe better pro metabolic food, I see as food high in calories, a good ratio of carbs, saturated fats and proteins. I gave examples in a previous post. Meals that a body builder will eat. Eggs are indeed shown to be pro metabolic and pro endotoxin. (Organ) meats. High carb food, dairy, milkshakes, anything high in saturated fats is both pro metabolic and pro endotoxin.

Man are often attracted to food in this category, having a hamburger with a milkshake etc. I think people associate feeling “strong” and “warm” with this kind of food. And also that you must be strong at the first place, if your gut can handle this kind of food.

Now Im not that a fan of anti-endotoxin food. Because how does this anti-endotoxin activity work? Most of the time by stablizing mast cells, making sure endotoxin doesnt leak in your blood stream. What is the easiest way to stabilize mast cells? Well anti-oxidants in general stabilize mast cells. And those flavanones in orange juice are strong anti-oxidants.

So many here probably now that anti-oxidants are anti-metabolic. It literally prevents oxidation in oxidative phosphorylation to make ATP and CO2. And also by some of those flavanones being anti thyroid, it will even more decrease ATP and CO2.

Now CO2 itself is a big stabilizer of mast cells, so now with less CO2 as your baseline, you will need even more anti-endotoxin food to not leak endotoxin during a meal, and feel and look good. And this downward spiral, that you can not handle any high calorie food anymore is often seen in people trying to be “healthy”.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Pina Orange Juice Blood Pressure Ask For Help or Advice 8
V Does it have to be orange juice? Diet 36
Stifler Extreme Stress Reaction from Coffee and Orange juice taken too close? Coffee 3
haidut Orange juice (OJ) as therapy for all coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2 Scientific Studies 13
B Only Liver And Orange Juice? Diet, Recipes 5
MaxVerstappen Danny Roddy When He Finally Gets A Sip Of Sweet Orange Juice The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 2
Hgreen56 Do You Strain Your Orange Juice? Fruits & Fruit Juice 6
P Orange Juice Makes Me Tired Fruit Juice 5
joshquintanilla How “premium” Orange Juice Is Really Made Fruit Juice 1
zarrin77 Orange Juice Has Similar Effects As ANTI-thyroid Drug In Rodents: Increase In TSH, Decrease In T3/T4 Scientific Studies 58
SOMO Stuffy Nose After Tropicana/generic Orange Juice? Ask For Help or Advice 20
jzeno Does Anyone Else Love Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice? Fruit Juice 21
M How Orange Juice Is Made Fruit Juice 7
W Link To Ray Peat Gelatin And Orange Juice Recipe? Gelatin 3
A Orange Juice Side Effects, What Can I Do To Fix The Main Problem? Ask For Help or Advice 10
F WARNING: Gum Disease/tooth Decay/anaesthetic/Orange Juice Oral Health 12
J Orange Juice Options For Canadians Diet 30
General Orange Orange Juice Increases Nutrient Absorption By Inhibiting P-glucoprotein Scientific Studies 6
T Glyphosate Found In All 5 Major Orange Juice Brands Fruit Juice 56
JohnBonham Orange Juice Lowers DHT? Fruit Juice 26
L A Gallon Of Orange Juice? (Ray Peat's Daily Sugar Intake) Macros & Micros 26
W Orange Juice Cartons Plastic? Toxins, Detoxification 16
BTD What Is The Best Big Brand Orange Juice? Fruits & Fruit Juice 7
RayPeatFan777 Orange Juice Subsititute To Lower Estrogen? Diet 19
L Fresh Orange Juice Juicer Fruit Juice 58
Luann COOK RICE IN ORANGE JUICE Recipes 14
L Need A Carb Source Other Than Orange Juice Diet 27
encerent Coffee With Orange Juice? Diet 3
G Is Store Bought Non Organic Orange Juice Okay? Fruits & Fruit Juice 8
L Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice. WOW Diet 9
paka Can Orange Juice + Gelatin Replace Hard Food? Ask For Help or Advice 16
L Orange Juice Neutralizes The Proinflammatory Effect Of A HFHC Meal And Prevents Endotoxin Increase Scientific Studies 35
JohnBonham Orange Juice And Thiamine Deficiency Vitamins 6
S Milk & Orange Juice Diet 8
I_am What Kind Of Orange Juice Do You Guys Drink? Fruit Juice 3
ecstatichamster Whoa, This Orange Juice Is All Acid, This Other One Isn't! Fruit Juice 12
< Rain Orange Juice Carrot Salad - It Screams Recipes 17
gilbert90 How To Use Orange Juice Diet 8
P Gelatin In Orange Juice Gelatin 4
W Is Orange Juice Very Necessary? Fruits & Fruit Juice 22
burtlancast Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day Miscellaneous Health Discussions 127
R Milk And Orange Juice Only? Diet 17
I Orange Juice in the Northeast USA Fruit Juice 6
Nina Pulp In Orange Juice Fruit Juice 5
W Can I Live Off Of Milk And Orange Juice Alone? Diet, Recipes 67
T Apple juice instead of orange juice ? Fruit Juice 26
F Best Brand Of Orange Juice? Fruit Juice 36
M Orange juice concentrate fluoride concerns Fruit Juice 12
Philomath No More Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice? Beneficial Flavor Packs? Fruit Juice 19
cantstoppeating Diarrhea From Orange Juice/OJ Cured With Antibiotics Logs 12