Orange Juice is a potent anti-thyroid

Beastmode

I guess I'm pretty lucky cause half a year I get sweet oranges, from November to late April/early May. loads of people find them too sweet even! They're as if you put some honey in them, ridiculous but I'm not complaining. they're done now so I'm switching to apricots, peaches, and then watermelons (best in the world!) and honeydew melons
Where in the country are you?

OP
M

Mufasa

What would you classify as pro-thyroid and anti-endotoxin food?

I think that most food that are commonly labeled as “healthy”, are anti-endotoxin. Fruits, salads, fish, nuts (unsaturated fats), vegetables, foods high in insoluble fiber etc. I think many will look and feel better on this in the short term. Food that feels “fresh” and “light”. Woman are often attracted to this, having a salad with fish. I think your skin will look more pretty, quite quickly, and woman associate this food with that. You will feel less brain fog, more clear headed, but doing such a diet long term, and you will havoc your metabolism and gut.

Pro thyroid food, or maybe better pro metabolic food, I see as food high in calories, a good ratio of carbs, saturated fats and proteins. I gave examples in a previous post. Meals that a body builder will eat. Eggs are indeed shown to be pro metabolic and pro endotoxin. (Organ) meats. High carb food, dairy, milkshakes, anything high in saturated fats is both pro metabolic and pro endotoxin.

Man are often attracted to food in this category, having a hamburger with a milkshake etc. I think people associate feeling “strong” and “warm” with this kind of food. And also that you must be strong at the first place, if your gut can handle this kind of food.

Now Im not that a fan of anti-endotoxin food. Because how does this anti-endotoxin activity work? Most of the time by stablizing mast cells, making sure endotoxin doesnt leak in your blood stream. What is the easiest way to stabilize mast cells? Well anti-oxidants in general stabilize mast cells. And those flavanones in orange juice are strong anti-oxidants.

So many here probably now that anti-oxidants are anti-metabolic. It literally prevents oxidation in oxidative phosphorylation to make ATP and CO2. And also by some of those flavanones being anti thyroid, it will even more decrease ATP and CO2.

Now CO2 itself is a big stabilizer of mast cells, so now with less CO2 as your baseline, you will need even more anti-endotoxin food to not leak endotoxin during a meal, and feel and look good. And this downward spiral, that you can not handle any high calorie food anymore is often seen in people trying to be “healthy”.

BearWithMe

Orange juice =/= Citrus sinensis

Would the results be the same if they used fresh oranges? Would the results be the same if they used organic, fresh-squeezed pulp-free juice? Would the results be the same if they used strained OJ?

Doubt it.

Most of the isoflavonoids and phenolic acids are in the pulp.

You don't want to consume OJ with pulp anyways, for reasons that goes way beyond isoflavonoids and phenolic acids.

PeskyPeater

they were using 30% of lethal dose of dried orange extract, 1500mg/kg bodyweight. such a high concentrate of flavonoids are abnormal. 2 glasses of OJ does not have such high amount of flavonoids and cannot be anti-thyroid.

edit: but they did filter the fresh squeezed oranges and made a dried extract from that by hot plate evaporation, if I read it correctly.

PeskyPeater

I think if fruit juice brings down your temperature, its actually lowering the effect of cortisol that was heating you. thus showing that thyroid function is not controlling it but the stresshormones.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I don't think it's legit else we would have had a hypothyroid epidemic much sooner. OJ was all the rage quite a few decades ago before there was a hypothyroid epidemic. Most people report feeling better on OJ unless they just can't tolerate the liquid.
Perhaps it's been longer than that. Wasn't Broda Barnes writing books about much heart disease being caused by hypothyroidism?

Ritchie

OJ is high in vit C. Vit C can cause some type of detrimental effects to iron in the body. Peat speaking on methelyne blue: "Like ascorbic acid, (MB) can reduce ferric iron to the ferrous form, which creates the most toxic free radicals." "I think it could work like ascorbic acid or glutathione in the presence of iron or copper, creating a stream of oxidations and reductions. I think it can produce harmful free radicals."

So I guess a possibility is it's effect on iron may explain why OJ could be anti-thyroid. Particularly if one is eating a high iron diet (ie. red meat, liver, oysters and so forth).

Last edited:

Sam321

I don't think it's legit else we would have had a hypothyroid epidemic much sooner. OJ was all the rage quite a few decades ago before there was a hypothyroid epidemic. Most people report feeling better on OJ unless they just can't tolerate the liquid.
Gonna go ahead and blame chronic stress for hypothyroidism.

BearWithMe

OJ is high in vit C. Vit C can cause some type of detrimental effects to iron in the body. Peat speaking on methelyne blue: "Like ascorbic acid, (MB) can reduce ferric iron to the ferrous form, which creates the most toxic free radicals." "I think it could work like ascorbic acid or glutathione in the presence of iron or copper, creating a stream of oxidations and reductions. I think it can produce harmful free radicals."

So I guess a possibility is it's effect on iron may explain why OJ could be anti-thyroid. Particularly if one is eating a high iron diet (ie. red meat, liver, oysters and so forth).
Ascorbic acid and natural vitamin C are two totally different things with totally different effects in the body.

Nomane Euger

Nomane Euger

Any other mechninisms?
Hello,

i do not know,just from my experience optimally ripe oranges make my tongue very pink,and not optimally ripe oranges increase the white layer

i wish you fun

BeBetter

Citrus sinensis is not orange that is used to make orange juice.

Citrus sinensis, commonly known as orange or sweet orange, is a small evergreen tree originally domesticated in subtropical Asia.

VitoScaletta

Orange juice makes me cold aswell. I'm thinking of taking it out of my diet and seeing what happens. Much better to get the nutrients from fruit anyway

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals