How safe is zeolith or clay?

qwazy

Zeolith is often touted as a way to remove heavy metals. Now I wonder how safe they are?

Zeolith and bentonite clay are not nanoparticles which is good as those are absolutely unsafe. However, I wonder if the zeolith can still make it into ones circulation? What are the consequences? Peat is even worried about starch particles and activated charcoal so probably this is not safe either?

Kykeon

Seems to help astronauts in space with bone density issues, but it also sounds like alot of marketing. The clay i bought has very high iron in it.

How would the mechanism of removing Heavy Metals from the body with the help of clay work? Why is there a benefit in liberating heavy metals ? These questions i can not answer, but would like to answer :D

Perry Staltic

How would the mechanism of removing Heavy Metals from the body with the help of clay work? Why is there a benefit in liberating heavy metals ? These questions i can not answer, but would like to answer :D

Bentonite clay molecules have a negative electrical charge, so they will bond to positively charged ions like metals allowing them to be removed from the body. Heavy metals are neurotoxic and cytotoxic.

Last edited:
OP
Q

qwazy

@Perry Staltic Is correct. The binding capacity appears to be quite good. However, I would not like to get clay deposits in my arteries. It is bad enough to get organic material into circulation but inorganic appears to be generally worse as our immune system wont be able to clear it. So thats why I would love to know if anyone knows how safe this stuff is.

Last edited:

Kykeon

Bentonite clay molecules have a negative electrical charge, so they will bond to positively charged ions like metals allowing them to be removed from the body. Heavy metals are neurotoxic and cytotoxic.
but the clay is not absorbed ? so the heavy metals will only be removed from the colon?

Perry Staltic

but the clay is not absorbed ? so the heavy metals will only be removed from the colon?

Yes, it's just for cleansing the digestive system, not systemic cleansing. For the latter you would need chelating agents that get into the blood.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals