Burnt Toast & Charcoal

OP
Rinse & rePeat
thank you again - I think maybe it might be both?? both less byproducts and more enzymes?? dont know. I've experimented with eating meat raw also but if I do any amount over 100g I get progesterone like effects (or side effects) my moles start growing like crazy which can be a side effect of high doses. I thin maybe weston price was right there - mostly cooked with some raw? But eggs are special- I cant for my life remember what it was nw but there is a special ingredient in eggs making them very unsuited for heating that you only avoid by raw eggs.(though I dont think it has been proven in vivo with actuall cooked egg consumption- only indirectly). But I agree I like the blitzcooking ! Not sur I understand you last line? "more weight in why?"
Oh hold more weight in why I feel better. Now I am getting drawn in more with moles growing like crazy? What?? From raw beef?

Eberhardt

Oh hold more weight in why I feel better. Now I am getting drawn in more with moles growing like crazy? What?? From raw beef?
ah I see. Yes from raw beef. its consitent. and they are not treated neither with antibiotics or other werid stuff and hormones are forbidden

OP
Rinse & rePeat
oh I didnt think back. when I was a kid my mum gave it to me if I got food poisning or regualr vomiting/diarea from food. It stopped most of the diarea and made me feel better.
That food poisoning I had made me think too the value of burnt things too, even like you said for stomach upset.

skuabird

You are definetly making me lean towards trying it. Do you take it when feeling good or is more of something to take to undo something, like a restaurant visit?
I was definitely taking it to recover from being glutened from eating out and yeah, just generally when not feeling well. Like bloating, gas, sour gut, subtle airy headaches/brain fog.

I was thinking about taking it once a week, just as a more regular detox...i have had a few mercury analgams, I wonder if I need it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I was definitely taking it to recover from being glutened from eating out and yeah, just generally when not feeling well. Like bloating, gas, sour gut, subtle airy headaches/brain fog.

I was thinking about taking it once a week, just as a more regular detox...i have had a few mercury analgams, I wonder if I need it.
Ok! This is really good info!

Eberhardt

That food poisoning I had made me think too the value of burnt things too, even like you said for stomach upset.
ah, interesting . Maybe?? I know it was encourage in the past to eat burnt parts of food but thought it was just to make kids eat their food and use all resources. maybe. I am thinking most food would have been burned until recently as almost everything was grilled sometimes only boiled assumedly, at least the furhter back you go

OP
Rinse & rePeat
ah, interesting . Maybe?? I know it was encourage in the past to eat burnt parts of food but thought it was just to make kids eat their food and use all resources. maybe. I am thinking most food would have been burned until recently as almost everything was grilled sometimes only boiled assumedly, at least the furhter back you go
I could see in primitive times when there was no refrigeration and the meat was become questionable cooking it a little too well being a good precaution. I think the lingering question is the size particles and the source. Of course we need to hear other not so pleasant side effects.

Eberhardt

I could see in primitive times when there was no refrigeration and the meat was become questionable cooking it a little too well being a good precaution. I think the lingering question is the size particles and the source. Of course we need to hear other not so pleasant side effects.
Basically agree, though it seems we to a certain degree aslo have ate "high meat". But I was more thinking of cooking methods and personal experience. Also if you look at cooking among hunter gatherers the usually just roast it quckly, eat, roast it a bit more and eat on. or just throw it in the fire, wait a while and pick it out. Which is also what happens if you try to grill a beef on a stick over an open fire

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This has me thinking that charcoal could be something REALLY beneficial for people that deal with diverticulitus.

Eberhardt

This has me thinking that charcoal could be something REALLY beneficial for people that deal with diverticulitus.
maybe. But I seem to remember peat mentioning that it is largely caused by hormones, I think estrogen (the usual suspects) - though that doesnt mean it wouldnt help. I think even it might soak up some estrogen?!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Basically agree, though it seems we to a certain degree aslo have ate "high meat". But I was more thinking of cooking methods and personal experience. Also if you look at cooking among hunter gatherers the usually just roast it quckly, eat, roast it a bit more and eat on. or just throw it in the fire, wait a while and pick it out. Which is also what happens if you try to grill a beef on a stick over an open fire
Oh I agree! I certainly wouldn't be eating questionable meat, but it does seem the charcoal could be beneficial if you had to. I wonder if making your own "charcoal" from a yeast free sourdough and burning it to nothingness and mixing it with water could be more beneficial that hardwood. You could control how big the particles are, the sourdough starter ate up half of the gluten already and maybe burning it took care of the rest?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Why do people on this form nibble on antibiotics like it's no big deal when charcoal seems to have the same actions and would be much more reasonable?

Eberhardt

Why do people on this form nibble on antibiotics like it's no big deal when charcoal seems to have the same actions and would be much more reasonable?
I will get out of the way now a bit as this is not my area at all. But I think I can elucidate on a general level. The antibiotic is , unlike the carrotsallad/charcoal not only reducing bad bacteria but actually sterilizing it. Theres sort of two different lines of though. one is to soak up, clean up and redistribute. the other to just get rid of the whole thing as Peat thinks that gut flora is not a necessity at all as it is not present in fetuses. Not so sure about that personally but at least it seems we CAN do without it. Leaving the scene for someone else to tacle that one now.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I will get out of the way now a bit as this is not my area at all. But I think I can elucidate on a general level. The antibiotic is , unlike the carrotsallad/charcoal not only reducing bad bacteria but actually sterilizing it. Theres sort of two different lines of though. one is to soak up, clean up and redistribute. the other to just get rid of the whole thing as Peat thinks that gut flora is not a necessity at all as it is not present in fetuses. Not so sure about that personally but at least it seems we CAN do without it. Leaving the scene for someone else to tacle that one now.
Ha! Ha! I don't blame you, I am scared to be here myself now! Don't go too far, I may need saving ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
On that antibiotic note, I understand why Peat would say we don't need any bacteria good or bad, and being sterile can be best, but I worry more about antibiotics not working at all when a serious viruse or infection take over.

Eberhardt

rebumping the question from @Rinse & rePeat

boris

rebumping the question from @Rinse & rePeat

Persorption. When the topic of activated charcoal came up on Danny Roddy's podcast, Peat has said he wouldn't use it.

1:26:00

View: https://youtu.be/De0fXmRnunU

"...any kind of unmetabolizable particle, if it gets persorbed, basically kills off a part of your whole system by blocking the smallest arteries."

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Persorption. When the topic of activated charcoal came up on Danny Roddy's podcast, Peat has said he wouldn't use it.

1:26:00

View: https://youtu.be/De0fXmRnunU

"...any kind of unmetabolizable particle, if it gets persorbed, basically kills off a part of your whole system by blocking the smallest arteries."

So then he has changed his mind since his quote I posted at the beginning of this thread?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals