Sodium Thiosulfate: Removes Chlorine From Water Safely

< Rain

“Aging, stress, and heavy consumption of alcohol increase the permeability of the intestine, causing increased absorption of microbial toxins. Laxatives, carrot fiber (not carrotjuice), activated charcoal, and a small amount of sodium thiosulfate decrease the formation and absorption of toxins, increasing the organism’s adaptive capacity.” Ray Peat http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/09/28/ray-peat-phd-on-the-benefits-of-the-raw-carrot/

Thiosulfate is found in allium family; Sodium Thiosulfate is the salt used in chemistry/pharmacy.
Can also be taken internally to kill worms and chelate metals.
Cheap on Amazon - buy the pentahydrate crystals.
You can watch people taking this internally on YouTube.
It is on World Health Organization list of essential medicines.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHO_Model_List_of_Essential_Medicines

Increase of cytotoxicity during wastewater chlorination: Impact factors and surrogates.
Chlorination significantly increased cytotoxicity of treated wastewater. Factors affecting cytotoxicity formation during wastewater chlorination were investigated. Quenching with sodium thiosulfate and ascorbic acid decreased the formed cytotoxicity, while ammonium kept the cytotoxicity stable.

Increase of cytotoxicity during wastewater chlorination: Impact factors and surrogates. - PubMed - NCBI

Use of sodium thiosulfate in the treatment of calciphylaxis.

Calciphylaxis is an infrequent but severe entity found in chronic dialysis patients. Its clinical pattern consists of tissue ischemia with itchy and painful subcutaneous nodules and plaques, most often located on the abdomen, buttocks, thighs and/or legs. These injuries evolve to extensive superficial necrosis of the skin overlying the panniculitis, with ulceration, overinfection and consequent sepsis. Current treatment modalities used to counteract this pathology are not entirely effective. A new treatment reported for calciphylaxis, is the use of intravenous sodium thiosulfate. This inorganic salt is already used in the treatment of intoxication caused by cyanide, in patients with calcific nephrolithiasis and tumoral calcinosis, with very good and safe results. We herewith report a case of calciphylaxis that was cured using intravenous sodium thiosulphate treatment.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19861872

Attachments

• Practical Therapeutics_Thiosulfate.pdf
    121.6 KB · Views: 9

InChristAlone

Yeah I've used it in my bathwater. I keep forgetting too mix a jug again.

Inaut

Any thoughts on doing foot soaks with baking soda, borax, Epsom salt and sodium thiosulfate?

I wonder how effective of a detox it can be? Quite easy as well

LCohen

It also chelates calcium, cyanide, iron. It's used in the treatment of calcifications and cyanide poisonings.

But this stuff smells and tastes like hell. So I'm trying to use it topically with methylene blue.

It only dissolves in water. So you should first dissolve it in water then add DMSO. Ethanol probably won't work.

But it feels good. I get a quick mood lift, feel calmer. My temps are getting higher. Some kind of "relief" feeling. No side effect. (Except too much STS is sedative)

Dave Clark

Sorry, just found your response on dosing on another thread:)
Could you post that response, I can't seem to find it, and have been looking for recommendations for adding it to bathwater, etc.? Seems like sodium thiosulphate recommendations are very vague and cryptic when you do an internet search, I can't find good solid advise. Of course though, I am still in the process of learning about this, and how to use it.

Inaut

Could you post that response, I can't seem to find it, and have been looking for recommendations for adding it to bathwater, etc.? Seems like sodium thiosulphate recommendations are very vague and cryptic when you do an internet search, I can't find good solid advise. Of course though, I am still in the process of learning about this, and how to use it.

i've been doing 2 cups epsom salts, 2 cups baking soda, 1/4-1/2 cup STS,( and 1/4 cup of borax occasionally). Really like the feeling during and afterwards. Might become part of my daily ritual after the gym as it will help extract lactic acid and replace with minerals.. I'm also rinsing off with diluted vinegar afterwards.

In the past i did 1 tsp of sts and 1tsp of ascorbic acid orally but it is extreme and the funk is real...bad.... If you want to take it orally, i'd recommend 1 grain dissolved in a cup of water. Alot more gentle

My mom just finished chemo so I think hot salt baths could assist in detoxing the junk from her system without depending on a million supplements..

For some reason a lot of my research currently is focused on vinegar/acetic acid and various salts. Electricity.... :)

Last edited:

Dave Clark

i've been doing 2 cups epsom salts, 2 cups baking soda, 1/4-1/2 cup STS,( and 1/4 cup of borax occasionally). Really like the feeling during and afterwards. Might become part of my daily ritual after the gym as it will help extract lactic acid and replace with minerals.. I'm also rinsing off with diluted vinegar afterwards.

In the past i did 1 tsp of sts and 1tsp of ascorbic acid orally but it is extreme and the funk is real...bad.... If you want to take it orally, i'd recommend 1 grain dissolved in a cup of water. Alot more gentle

My mom just finished chemo so I think hot salt baths could assist in detoxing the junk from her system without depending on a million supplements..

For some reason a lot of my research currently is focused on vinegar/acetic acid and various salts. Electricity.... :)
So that is about 1/4 to 1/2 of the STS pure powder, what I see being sold as 99.9% sodium thiosulphate crystals/powder? How about if I had the 10% solution that is commonly sold, probably would need quite a bit? Thanks for replying.

Inaut

So that is about 1/4 to 1/2 of the STS pure powder, what I see being sold as 99.9% sodium thiosulphate crystals/powder? How about if I had the 10% solution that is commonly sold, probably would need quite a bit? Thanks for replying.

Not sure about the solution but I use the crystals.

Layne

i've been doing 2 cups epsom salts, 2 cups baking soda, 1/4-1/2 cup STS,( and 1/4 cup of borax occasionally). Really like the feeling during and afterwards. Might become part of my daily ritual after the gym as it will help extract lactic acid and replace with minerals..
Hi @Inaut -- Thanks for posting your STS bath recipe. I've been scouring the internet for one, and yours is one of the very few I've run across. I'm relatively new to researching STS, but just got a 10 pound order in the mail today ($22 on eBay), and am ready to get started. I've read it's a powerful chelater of calcium, and your reference to using it daily made me wonder if that's worked out for you.

Are you still using the 1/4-1/2 cup amounts? Have you noticed any effects that might indicate too much calcium is being depleted from your body? I'd be most interested in any update(s) you may have. -- Thanks!

Inaut

@Layne haven't been bathing much lately tbh honest.... I still like using sts in baths but just don't have the time to soak for 30-45 minutes a day anymore:(

I know Dr. Sircus wrote about adding it to bath water...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals