Burnt Toast & Charcoal

boris

So then he has changed his mind since his quote I posted at the beginning of this thread?

I don't know if he ever really recommended it, I see the quote in the beginning of the thread as just an observation of the effects of reduced endotoxin. In the interview above he also said he'd rather leave it to the rat experiments, it could be safe to combine it with fiber and fat, but it's not really sure.

boris

There is a trend in germany to use activated charcoal filters for smoking because you can see less tar come out on the other side. They have the bigger granules inside the filter, but there is always some micro dust of charcoal around the granules. When I was still smoking occasionally, I took a drag with one of those filters, and whenever I sucked on it to deeply, my heart would completely stop for a second. I assume that was from particles being directly absorbed into my bloodstream through the lungs.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
He said it is good, but like vitamin C and other good things we can't know about it's purity. For lack of time to look myself, here are other members that remember things he has said about it....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210707-160403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210707-160403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210707-160425_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210707-160425_Samsung Internet.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210707-160449_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210707-160449_Samsung Internet.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210707-160523_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210707-160523_Samsung Internet.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 30
OP
Rinse & rePeat
There is a trend in germany to use activated charcoal filters for smoking because you can see less tar come out on the other side. They have the bigger granules inside the filter, but there is always some micro dust of charcoal around the granules. When I was still smoking occasionally, I took a drag with one of those filters, and whenever I sucked on it to deeply, my heart would completely stop for a second. I assume that was from particles being directly absorbed into my bloodstream through the lungs.
Oh how strange!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I found someone quoting Ray Peat saying this...

"Activated charcoal can absorb many toxins, including bacterial endotoxin, so it is likely to reduce serotonin absorption from the intestine. Since it can also bind or destroy vitamins, it should be used only intermittently. Frolkis, et al. (1989, 1984) found that it extended median and average lifespan of rats, beginning in old age (28 months) by 43% and 34%, respectively, when given in large quantities (equivalent to about a cup per day for humans) for ten days of each month.”

Eberhardt

It is regardless of it being healthy or not (or both) completly different to inhale it. THAT is proven to be really toxic and even cause death. A bit like asbestos. its harmless to have it on your housewalls but strongly caringenic to work with due to particle inhalation. No idea how exactly it made the hearteffect and still dont know if charcoal is safe or not when eaten (or applied topically?) what about topically in oilsolution?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It is regardless of it being healthy or not (or both) completly different to inhale it. THAT is proven to be really toxic and even cause death. A bit like asbestos. its harmless to have it on your housewalls but strongly caringenic to work with due to particle inhalation. No idea how exactly it made the hearteffect and still dont know if charcoal is safe or not when eaten (or applied topically?) what about topically in oilsolution?
I know I just don't think I am gonna sign up for charcoal unless I have horrible headache. Maybe some burnt toast once in awhile might not be a bad idea? You bringing up breathing it in reminds me of a post last week where breathing in baking soda is suppose to be something beneficial? Where do people come up with this stuff?

Eberhardt

I know I just don't think I am gonna sign up for charcoal unless I have horrible headache. Maybe some burnt toast once in awhile might not be a bad idea? You bringing up breathing it in reminds me of a post last week where breathing in baking soda is suppose to be something beneficial? Where do people come up with this stuff?
Along with snorting pregnenlone to bypass the blood-brain barrier hahah

Eberhardt

You know about this baking soda thing?
Not more then I could find through the forum. It seems that according to one member here "Tim Berzins made a video on YT about CO2, and mentioned nebulizing baking soda as an efficient way to increase it" but this guy Jimmy Keller was earlier
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbUd3OqEo3s&t=5s
. Allso the baking soda doctor dr.sircus made an article of nebulizing it to cure covid based on according to dr.sircus a study in Acre, Brazil finding it very effective. The idea of nebulizing stuff as a way of intake problably at one point spread to baking soda. Someone must have been very risk-willing to test this as it is potentially dangerous to breath, but it seems nebulizing it reshapes the molecules somehow and makes it aleast a bit less harmfull. If it's safe I guess nobody knows but it is much easier to overdose if you dont do live testing of your O2/co2 levels, as someone here experienced.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not more then I could find through the forum. It seems that according to one member here "Tim Berzins made a video on YT about CO2, and mentioned nebulizing baking soda as an efficient way to increase it" but this guy Jimmy Keller was earlier
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbUd3OqEo3s&t=5s
. Allso the baking soda doctor dr.sircus made an article of nebulizing it to cure covid based on according to dr.sircus a study in Acre, Brazil finding it very effective. The idea of nebulizing stuff as a way of intake problably at one point spread to baking soda. Someone must have been very risk-willing to test this as it is potentially dangerous to breath, but it seems nebulizing it reshapes the molecules somehow and makes it aleast a bit less harmfull. If it's safe I guess nobody knows but it is much easier to overdose if you dont do live testing of your O2/co2 levels, as someone here experienced.

Thanks for explaining it all and the video Eberhardt! I was picturing inhaling it like a line of cocaine! Like you said someone would have to be desperate to come up with the idea. I am not sure blood tinge sounded good do you? I can see though a mist not being so harsh, but as stinging as baking soda can be on the skin, this would be a little scary still. This is all so interesting, and cancer beings fungus? I am so glad you showed up in this thread. I like answers to questions, but more questions are more exciting!

Eberhardt

Thanks for explaining it all and the video Eberhardt! I was picturing inhaling it like a line of cocaine! Like you said someone would have to be desperate to come up with the idea. I am not sure blood tinge sounded good do you? I can see though a mist not being so harsh, but as stinging as baking soda can be on the skin, this would be a little scary still. This is all so interesting, and cancer beings fungus? I am so glad you showed up in this thread. I like answers to questions, but more questions are more exciting!
haha thanks. I guess I fed the cocaine association by my pregnenelone snorting comment. That one is done more like drugs though. But no I am not sure if it is good and it is abrasive. That it is even viable to use it with and nebulizer at all to me suggests that it undergoes some sort of modification (which make chemically sense) that at least makes it less harmfull. I saw someone suggesting to inhale the steam from water that has dissolved baking soda in it might be safer but to me it sounds like you need a lot of baking soda to keep adding to the hot water but maybe I'm wrong there.

Cancer being fungus is an old theory actually. I have heard it pop up now and then. But nobody has ever been able to find such a fungus. It is though undeniable that the metabolic defects that exists in cancer areas makes the tissue more susceptible to fungi. I wonder though- because you can give someone/something cancer by keeping them in a closed fungal free enviroment and giving them high dose ionizing radiation - that implies that it is not an undiscoverd fungi. IF not the metabolic defect makes some harmless fungi (maybe several kinds would be able to and there is fungi everywhere in nature) to become opportunistic causing the spread. I most admit that chaga (mushroom) f.ex which is not a mushroom grows like cancertumors and metastases spread like fungi. Still I think peats description that the cell is so stressed only the two main functions, growth and procreate, remains, make sense. It follows from the "Energy and structure is interdependent on every level" statement.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
haha thanks. I guess I fed the cocaine association by my pregnenelone snorting comment. That one is done more like drugs though. But no I am not sure if it is good and it is abrasive. That it is even viable to use it with and nebulizer at all to me suggests that it undergoes some sort of modification (which make chemically sense) that at least makes it less harmfull. I saw someone suggesting to inhale the steam from water that has dissolved baking soda in it might be safer but to me it sounds like you need a lot of baking soda to keep adding to the hot water but maybe I'm wrong there.

Cancer being fungus is an old theory actually. I have heard it pop up now and then. But nobody has ever been able to find such a fungus. It is though undeniable that the metabolic defects that exists in cancer areas makes the tissue more susceptible to fungi. I wonder though- because you can give someone/something cancer by keeping them in a closed fungal free enviroment and giving them high dose ionizing radiation - that implies that it is not an undiscoverd fungi. IF not the metabolic defect makes some harmless fungi (maybe several kinds would be able to and there is fungi everywhere in nature) to become opportunistic causing the spread. I most admit that chaga (mushroom) f.ex which is not a mushroom grows like cancertumors and metastases spread like fungi. Still I think peats description that the cell is so stressed only the two main functions, growth and procreate, remains, make sense. It follows from the "Energy and structure is interdependent on every level" statement.
Interesting that shiitakes are suppose to be powerful in battling cancer and if cancer is a fungus, that would be another case of "like cures like". Boy Eberhardt you are a wealth of knowledge!

Eberhardt

Interesting that shiitakes are suppose to be powerful in battling cancer and if cancer is a fungus, that would be another case of "like cures like". Boy Eberhardt you are a wealth of knowledge!
haha I try my best but usually feel like a complete moron hahahah Thank you though :) It would, I never thought of just that!!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
haha I try my best but usually feel like a complete moron hahahah Thank you though :) It would, I never thought of just that!!
I like to read Ray Peat stuff, which is hard enough to digest, but too many people on this site seem to complicate things even further which doesn't make for interesting conversation as far as I am concerned. You know your stuff and are great at conveying it without one wanting to change the channel ?

Eberhardt

I humbly accept that as I take that as a much more meaningful compliment then being right. :D I hope nobody thinks we are taking over all the threads :P I dont care that much though :P I appreciate you views

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I humbly accept that as I take that as a much more meaningful compliment then being right. :D I hope nobody thinks we are taking over all the threads :P I dont care that much though :P I appreciate you views
I don't care either! If they get annoyed we have my charcoal thread ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Besides avoiding foods containing fermentable fibers and starches that resist quick digestion, eating fibrous foods that contain antibacterial chemicals, such as bamboo shoots or raw carrots, helps to reduce endotoxin and serotonin. Activated charcoal can absorb many toxins, including bacterial endotoxin, so it is likely to reduce serotonin absorption from the intestine. Since it can also bind or destroy vitamins, it should be used only intermittently. Frolkis, et al. (1989, 1984) found that it extended median and average lifespan of rats, beginning in old age (28 months) by 43% and 34%, respectively, when given in large quantities (equivalent to about a cup per day for humans) for ten days of each month." -Ray Peat
ARTICLE Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation