How Much Coffee/Caffeine?

dookie

OK, so I'm working my way up the coffee ladder, and I'm wondering, how much is too much? I've gone up to 1500 mg caffeine without any sleep issues or such, but what is the "safe limit" for the average person, after which it becomes risky for the heart?

Also, I recall studies showing that caffeine can "destroy" or "block" the estrogen receptor; what is the quantity needed for this effect to happen in a more or less "complete" way, so there is little to no estrogenic activity in the body?

@haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OK, so I'm working my way up the coffee ladder, and I'm wondering, how much is too much? I've gone up to 1500 mg caffeine without any sleep issues or such, but what is the "safe limit" for the average person, after which it becomes risky for the heart?

Also, I recall studies showing that caffeine can "destroy" or "block" the estrogen receptor; what is the quantity needed for this effect to happen in a more or less "complete" way, so there is little to no estrogenic activity in the body?

@haidut

Did you search the forum? There is a thread on this with specific discussion on doses.

schultz

Yes there was a discussion about this. I don't remember the numbers though. 1.5g is around what I have been getting for the last 5 years or so. I can't go much past that or I get a headache and feel tired (go figure).

A.R

Yes there was a discussion about this. I don't remember the numbers though. 1.5g is around what I have been getting for the last 5 years or so. I can't go much past that or I get a headache and feel tired (go figure).
Woah, 1.5g daily. What would you say such a high dose has done for you the most health wise?

@dookie has that dose helped with estrogen problems?

I'm experimenting with 200mg daily ATM

schultz

Woah, 1.5g daily. What would you say such a high dose has done for you the most health wise?

@dookie has that dose helped with estrogen problems?

I'm experimenting with 200mg daily ATM

Oh I'm not really sure... I don't have any health complaints I guess.

Maybe about 10 years ago I noticed that a lot of hairs would fall out of my head. I didn't think anything of it at the time as I thought it was normal. I definitely didn't think I was going bald or anything and have never had a problem with my hair. However, if I move my hand through my hair or tousle it now, pretty much no hair falls out (whereas before it was like 10-15 hairs and I could kind of run my fingers through my hair and lose a few). I remember thinking about it back then because they would always land in front of my eyes and it was irritating. It was not until reading this forum and seeing the guys talk about losing hairs everyday that I remembered that used to happen to me. Back then I used to do lots of fasted cardio, low carb, no milk, lots of raw vegetables, etc.

Maybe the latte's helped with my hair? Though it could be kind of a stretch as it could be any of the things I've changed in my life.

Anyway, I freaking love latte's.

1500 mg? Incredible. Keep us posted on results/side effects and let us know if you decide to go even higher.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals