High Caffeine Dosing (2000+ Mg Per Day) - Anyone Doing It?

dookie

I just tried pushing my caffeine intake up to about 2000 mg per day, equivalent to about 20 normal cups of coffee, but for me it's just 5-6 cups of really strong coffee (made with several heaping tablespoons of ground coffee). It doesn't cause heart strain nor insomnia. A bit sweaty palms and feet, a bit agitating (but in a good way, feel motivated and want to work). Don't know how sustainable this is, but I definitely feel much more productive and less depressed and less anxious than at low or no caffeine consumption.

Seriously, caffeine is like the best thing there is for depression - seems to instantly lift oneself out of depression.

Anyone else who has gone that high in their caffeine dosing? Experiences? Was it sustainable, are you still using that amount?

Any concerns there would be about this high caffeine consumption? My heart rate averages around 75-85 and doesn't feel strained. Blood pressure is normal. But could it damage the heart in the long run? Any studies done with large amounts of caffeine?

@haidut , and others

Last edited:

Velve921

I would say I'm at 5-6 cups of low grade coffee per day...folgers at my work. I don't lose my appetite and always consume with milk, gelatin, sugar, coconut oil.

OP
D

dookie

Do you experience any loss of appetite at this dosage?

No. It seems to increase my appetite a bit, sometimes causing slight ravenous hunger. I eat about the same amount of food, but am losing a bit of weight.

Nighteyes

No. It seems to increase my appetite a bit, sometimes causing slight ravenous hunger. I eat about the same amount of food, but am losing a bit of weight.

Must just be me then :( happens at >4 cups per day.. I totally agree about the mood lift from coffee though! It is quite remarkable. Also help with digestion ^^

I just tried pushing my caffeine intake up to about 2000 mg per day, equivalent to about 20 normal cups of coffee, but for me it's just 5-6 cups of really strong coffee (made with several heaping tablespoons of ground coffee). It doesn't cause heart strain nor insomnia. A bit sweaty palms and feet, a bit agitating (but in a good way, feel motivated and want to work). Don't know how sustainable this is, but I definitely feel much more productive and less depressed and less anxious than at low or no caffeine consumption.

Seriously, caffeine is like the best thing there is for depression - seems to instantly lift oneself out of depression.

Anyone else who has gone that high in their caffeine dosing? Experiences? Was it sustainable, are you still using that amount?

Any concerns there would be about this high caffeine consumption? My heart rate averages around 75-85 and doesn't feel strained. Blood pressure is normal. But could it damage the heart in the long run? Any studies done with large amounts of caffeine?

@haidut , and others

im now on 1200 mg of caffeine
it is really good
with everydose of coffee i use like 50 grams of sugar :D
and today i start adding a table spoon of coconut oil

i cant tell if coconut oil helps
tommorow i will post news about that

duke are you sleepiing good ?
what are you taking with your coffee
im taking
taurine , tyrosine , theanine , potassium supplement

OP
D

dookie

im now on 1200 mg of caffeine
it is really good
with everydose of coffee i use like 50 grams of sugar :D
and today i start adding a table spoon of coconut oil

i cant tell if coconut oil helps
tommorow i will post news about that

duke are you sleepiing good ?
what are you taking with your coffee
im taking
taurine , tyrosine , theanine , potassium supplement

Sleep is only impaired if I have the coffee in late evening of night, and even then it seems to depend on the type of coffee. Strong espresso coffee seems to be worse (causing more insomnia) than strong French press coffee. Using charcoal, cheese or laxatives or enemas greatly increases tolerance to the caffeine

@haidut , and others
I'm doing 7000 mg

It's really funny and lovely

Because the last 400 mg I take them before bed ... after that I sleep like a baby

Stryker

Not exactly sure how this would translate into a caffeine dosage but I have about 4-5 spoons of light roast instant coffee 3 times a day with 15g of caprylic acid , 15 of sugar , 3 g glycine and straight milk no water

Usually I wouldn't be able to tolerate that much coffee but after adding in the caprylic acid it's great ! Feel hot as **** all the time and never anxious ... Very motivated and talkative

DaveFoster

I don't think that's sustainable. I was doing 3.6 grams for a while. I woke up with a heart rate of 110 in the middle of the night; my guess is that glycogen storages ran out.

Unless you're at a desk job, you'll run out of glycogen.

Caffeine dosages of 300 mg+ impair urea excretion, so it could cause kidney damage in the long-term. You can mitigate with 300 mg thiamine repeated throughout the day.

Caffeine dosages above around 400-800 mg/day cause chronic elevations in adrenaline.

Caffeine dosages above 400 mg in a single dose can lead to elevated cortisol due to interactions with ACTH.

Dopaminergic tolerance to caffeine maxes out at around 1200-1600 mg (probably closer to 1200), and this is where most benefits max out.

Five grams of caffeine can completely block the estrogen receptor; this is not something you necessarily want.

Ten grams can kill you; twenty grams will easily kill you. With tolerance, each cup of coffee (say 100 mg/caffeine) elevated systolic blood pressure by 0.8 mm Hg. 10 cups of coffee results in an 8 point increase; 20 will result in a 16 point increase, which is dangerous for some.

Monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature. Be wary of your mood; caffeine can trigger psychosis.

@Dave, this is very interesting. Can you provide references to support these claims?

Caffeine dosages above around 400-800 mg/day cause chronic elevations in adrenaline.

Caffeine dosages above 400 mg in a single dose can lead to elevated cortisol due to interactions with ACTH.

Five grams of caffeine can completely block the estrogen receptor; this is not something you necessarily want.

schultz

I have had around 1500-2000mg of caffeine from coffee everyday for the last 3 years or so. 2000mg is about the cut off for me I think. I only drink coffee in latte form as I no longer care much for regular coffee unless it's really good (freshly roasted, good beans, etc.). When I use whole beans I use 30g of beans per cup of milk. I usually make a latte with 1.5 cups of milk, 45g of coffee and 2 tbsp of sugar. 10g of coffee beans has about 100mg of caffeine (depends on beans, etc. but I just average it). Currently I use instant coffee and make a bit of a weaker brew. I use 10g of instant coffee for 1.5 cups of milk. 10g of instant is 300mg of caffeine. I now drink about 2 or 3 of these a day which is only 600-900mg of caffeine. I've felt the need for less caffeine within the last few months and I am not sure what that is from. Summer, supplemental androgens, reintroduction of T3/T4 in small doses? Or maybe it's the switch to instant. Not sure! But I drank 5-7 strong cups for a long time with no problems.

I tend to eat around 400g of carbohydrates minimum with a range of about 400-700g. Perhaps this helps with tolerance?

tyler

Not exactly sure how this would translate into a caffeine dosage but I have about 4-5 spoons of light roast instant coffee 3 times a day with 15g of caprylic acid , 15 of sugar , 3 g glycine and straight milk no water

Usually I wouldn't be able to tolerate that much coffee but after adding in the caprylic acid it's great ! Feel hot as **** all the time and never anxious ... Very motivated and talkative
what caprylic acid supp are you using? I've also yielded great benefits from it, but never tried such a high dose. What brought you to that dose? i have 600mg capsules, so it would take many to hit 15g.

Stryker

what caprylic acid supp are you using? I've also yielded great benefits from it, but never tried such a high dose. What brought you to that dose? i have 600mg capsules, so it would take many to hit 15g.
Brain octane by bulletproof , that's the dose they recommend to work up to , and it makes me hot as and gives me a nice mental clarity

Anymore than 15g every couple of hours gives me abit of stomach discomfort , haiduts Mitolipin gives me similar effects

tara

I'm doing 7000 mg
This is dangerous. You are approaching potential LD. People have died from overdosing caffeine. Please stop now, and tomorrow have much much less.

wikipedia said:
Massive overdose can result in death.[100][101] The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass (75–100 cups of coffee for a 70 kilogram adult).[102] A number of fatalities have been caused by overdoses of readily available powdered caffeine supplements, for which the estimated lethal amount is less than a tablespoon.

DaveFoster

@Dave, this is very interesting. Can you provide references to support these claims?

I don't know if you respond unless you use @ and then my full username.

For 1: Try searching the forum for optimal caffeine dose for humans, post by haidut

For 2, it's well known, and it's in that same thread.

For 3, search "caffeine estrogen receptor" in google and another one of haidut's thread's will come up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals