Caffeine Cessation And Receptor Changes

dbh25

Yeah many accounts of complete recovery taking months. I was very interested in all of this when I was going through it. I definitely used it while under loads of stress and I think it altered my brain.
I think there is something to this also. I just went a week without coffee, and was still feeling withdrawl symptoms. And started having 1-2 cups again a few days ago.

Frankdee20

I used caffeine for yrs to get me through parenting. Then during a strong coffee I had a sense of doom and terror. One of the worst panic attacks that just lasted for like 2 days straight. I quit all caffeine after that day. I went through up and down panic and anxiety for a month. Some times I thought I'd never feel good again. But then I did! And I have never wanted to go back to it. I could list all the ways I handle stress better now. But I was definitely one to get strung out and hypomanic on coffee. With periods of anxiety attacks. Some claim those mental side effects go away with better liver function and all that, but I felt like mine couldn't get any better while on it. Like there was no room for improvement while going through the ups and downs.

I've never been one to get hypomanic, or speedy on excess coffee/caffeine. I'm jealous :) Honestly, too much would just make me too internally tense, and I'd just be lethargic, in my own depersonalizations.

InChristAlone

Yeah except I would rather be the type to just feel sleepy or something after caffeine! When I had reintroduced coffee after about a period of 6 months off (but still drinking coke), I became energetic and creative, I could talk and talk for hours, I felt more spiritual, but also felt less in control of myself.

Frankdee20

Yeah, as an introvert, the only thing that makes me a Chatty Kathy is a lil boozing. It's amazing what hitting multiple receptors simultaneously can do, lol.

dbh25

I survived a day without coffee. Had an afternoon crash with a nap.

OP
MB50

MB50

I survived a day without coffee. Had an afternoon crash with a nap.

Most reports show withdrawal can last up to 9 days. I'd say if you're really willing to go for it, track how you are feeling for 9 days and note any changes. Good luck!

Herbie

Yeah except I would rather be the type to just feel sleepy or something after caffeine! When I had reintroduced coffee after about a period of 6 months off (but still drinking coke), I became energetic and creative, I could talk and talk for hours, I felt more spiritual, but also felt less in control of myself.

This happens to me too, I become almost instantly high/euphoric/happy very talkative and less reserved in my opinions, I will think more globally or universally/philosophic and be more aware of synchronicity. Im not sure if this is the dopaminergic symptoms or adrenaline or both what do you think?

InChristAlone

This happens to me too, I become almost instantly high/euphoric/happy very talkative and less reserved in my opinions, I will think more globally or universally/philosophic and be more aware of synchronicity. Im not sure if this is the dopaminergic symptoms or adrenaline or both what do you think?
Probably the dopamine. Which I actually get similar symptoms during the high UV of summer.

dbh25

Most reports show withdrawal can last up to 9 days. I'd say if you're really willing to go for it, track how you are feeling for 9 days and note any changes. Good luck!
I slept great last night. Day 2 was more difficult. I crashed in the afternoon again. I was also eating more. I'm not drinking tea as a substitute but I may start with green tea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals