How Low Do We Want Iron?

jaywills

I have just returned from my latest blood test. Interestingly, I 'failed' the initial Iron Test and had to have a secondary Iron Test done in order to give blood. The second test showed I was on the border of being eligible.

I know R.Peat talks about the toxicity or Iron, but how low do we want it?

If I am honest, I walked away quite smug but am I just naive in thinking my low Iron level is positive?

Tarmander

Are you talking about the finger prick test when you give blood? A blood panel?

It only measures oxygenation. Telling that if you nimble some T3 you will pass it with flying colors.

OP
J

jaywills

Tarmander yes the initial first test was a finger prick test. The second test, came via a red box device. Interesting such saturation, will take some along with me next time :lol:

jyb

jaywills said:
I have just returned from my latest blood test. Interestingly, I 'failed' the initial Iron Test and had to have a secondary Iron Test done in order to give blood. The second test showed I was on the border of being eligible.

It is quite rare to fail the finger prick test, it's usually menstruating women. If you donate regularly while eating low iron (or even normal iron foods), it is not hard to imagine you became properly anaemic - go to your GP and ask for an iron blood panel for a more reliable assessment. There is a big difference between avoiding iron overload (or being low-ish of the normal range) and being anaemic, and a full iron panel will clarify where you're at.

If you go in the morning, not having eaten, and you have something called hypothyroidism, you will fail the finger test. Just squeeze your finger before doing it. It's a non-issue. They WANT your blood.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals