1. 10% Discount At RedLightMan.com For Ray Peat Forum Members!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

High Dose Thiamine For Focus, Clarity, Reasoning, Cognitive Ability

Discussion in 'Experiments' started by ecstatichamster, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM.

1. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Ray recently said, or at least I recently read, that you can take thiamine before studying and before test-taking.

I took about 1000mg before I had work to focus on, and it made a huge difference in my focus and mental abilities.

I'm going to take some from now on before big hairy projects requiring a lot of focus.

2. Bahaa El wazzan

Bahaa El wazzan Member

Civil engineer
    I take it 250 mg with sweetened coffee before any class or test

I can remember everything in the world

Thiamin just makes me smell like ***t

3. CoolTweetPete

CoolTweetPete Member

Telecommunications / Health & Fitness
    My memory is also remarkably good when dosing B-vitamins, particularly thiamine, riboflavin-5-phosphate, niacinamide, p5p, and biotin.

I saw tyw mention in another thread that taking high doses of any particular B vitamin may lead to deficiencies in others. I'm not certain if I'm shooting myself in the foot by not also taking the other B-vitamins.

He also mentioned Energin because of the favorable ratio of riboflavin to biotin (12:1).

4. Dante

Dante Member

Can a human even absorb that high amount of vit B1 ?( from what wikipedia says, average thiamine concentration in human tissues is around 25-30 mg, if wiki is true could the cognitive benefits be attained at lower doses say 10-15 mg ?)