High Dose Cyproheptadine

boris

@Herbie & @DaveFoster & others who took cypro doses considered large by the 0.5-4 mg reccomendations.

How did you know you needed these large doses (over 20mg), just upping the dose by feeling? I currently take up to 6-9mg a day (1.5-3mg before meals). I started about 1-2 weeks ago with 1mg.

I never felt any dizziness, and never felt that it made me particularly sleepy right after or the next day.. could this be a sign that I need more?
I had serotonin problems since early childhood involving intense gut pains that made me go to the emergency hospital 2 times. It felt like something had burst a hole in my intestine. First time they cut out my appendix only to tell me "oops your appendix was fine", 2nd time they told me I am imagining things :rolleyes: typical :lol:.

I don't notice much difference in digestion and histamine reactions yet. Generally feeling a little more resilience to mental stress since starting.

Last edited:

opethfeldt

@Herbie & @DaveFoster & others who took cypro doses considered large by the 0.5-4 mg reccomendations.

How did you know you needed these large doses (over 20mg), just upping the dose by feeling? I currently take up to 6-9mg a day (1.5-3mg before meals). I started about 1-2 weeks ago with 1mg.

I never felt any dizziness, and never felt that it made me particularly sleepy right after or the next day.. could this be a sign that I need more?
I had serotonin problems since early childhood involving intense gut pains that made me go to the emergency hospital 2 times. It felt like something had burst a hole in my intestine. First time they cut out my appendix only to tell me "oops your appendix was fine", 2nd time they told me I am imagining things :rolleyes: typical :lol:.

I don't notice much difference in digestion and histamine reactions yet. Generally feeling a little more resilience to mental stress since starting.
I've never used anything more than 8mg a day so I can't fully answer your question but cypro is known to elevate liver enzymes in higher doses, so you should be aware of that.

OP
boris

boris

@opethfeldt thank you for the reminder! I am aware of it and plan to do lab tests.

Did you feel any sedation or hunger at 8mg? Because it doesn‘t noticeably affect my appetite either.

opethfeldt

@opethfeldt thank you for the reminder! I am aware of it and plan to do lab tests.

Did you feel any sedation or hunger at 8mg? Because it doesn‘t noticeably affect my appetite either.
No sedation. It seems like most people only have that effect occur temporarily. As for hunger, there's definitely an increase in appetite.

milkboi

No sedation. It seems like most people only have that effect occur temporarily. As for hunger, there's definitely an increase in appetite.

for me, after a year usage, this effect is still very much there, even with a dosage as little as 0,5mg . That might be because fatigue is my most dominant state of being lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals