Hayle Pomroy And "The FAST Metabolism Diet"

tanneron

Has anyone tried this approach? I'm trying to decide if her approach is pro-Peat or not. Doesn't seem to me that she aligns well with the protocols mentioned on this forum, but I'm a novice with all this stuff. My wife is eager to try this and I'm dragging my feet because I'm more focused on the Peat approach.

Brian

Essential grocery list for the Fast Metabolism Diet

It sounds like a very high fiber diet. Which can increase bowel transit time, leading to less bacterial overgrowth and endotoxin. This could actually increase metabolism to some degree as she claims it does if a person was already dealing with slow bowel transit.

I know people who do ok on a similar diet. It's your basic Whole Foodsey health food diet. It could have some disadvantages though. Total absorption of nutrients may be lower. She includes nuts, so I would be careful to keep those to small amounts and eat rarely. She doesn't include dairy, so some source of adequate calcium should be added.

Peat's approach of consuming higher amounts of fructose and using foods that absorb fully in the upper small intestine will yield a faster metabolism, but that's not necessarily the most important thing. Keeping the intestine free of infections and fast bowel transit is number one in my opinion, and this diet may accomplish that for some people. It's one way, but not the only one.

There could be conditions where this diet would do more harm than good. I'm thinking in particular of someone who has been hypothyroid long enough to become magnesium and/or Vitamin A deficient and likely has a more permeable intestine. These foods in those conditions might cause more inflammation.

Also I didn't see the stuff about switching macros every week. That doesn't sound like a particularly good idea. I guess her idea is to develop some metabolic flexibility, but that might do more harm than good in someone already running on stress hormones.

Last edited:

superhuman

• Phase One (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
  • Phase Two (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
  • Phase Three (Friday-Saturday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
  • Repeat for four weeks!
I smell bull****

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals