What's The Deal With Hunger And Metabolism?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

One problem today which our inner hunter gatherer likely havent adopted to is also that we are very sedentart in our modern society compared to our ancestors who walked, ran and hunted all day and did manual labour. Just these last hundred years people are likely not moving as much. I think our biological expectation is to want to eat a lot because thats what our ancestors did both because they likely starved inbetween but if they killed a big animal or ate fruits, berries they probably ate as much as they could so it would give energy, not spoil or other animals would eat it before they ate it all. I don’t think the hormones that sends signals about our hunger has had the time to adapt to us chilling all day not expending any calories. So it sends the wrong message that we should ”over eat” well if you move a lot your not over eating anymore since you burn it and you can eaisly eat 3000+ cals without gaining weight probably more

Yeah I mean there is truth to this, but we should also be careful not to invoke the "appeal to naturalism" argument.

However, I've experimentally proven that carbohydrates/sugar is not fattening even in very large amounts of calories which validates what Ray said when he said sugar is 50% less fattening than starch, I believe was the % he gave. It's my experience through experimental data tracking since March of this year that it is in fact the more heavy "solid" foods like meat, starch, fats that tend to promote weight gain and so you absolutely should restrict these. I've been able to invoke weight gain on 3,000 calories or less emphasizing protein, fat, and starch and invoke weight loss on over 5,000 calories by focusing mostly on sugar.

Kingpinguin

Yeah I mean there is truth to this, but we should also be careful not to invoke the "appeal to naturalism" argument.

However, I've experimentally proven that carbohydrates/sugar is not fattening even in very large amounts of calories which validates what Ray said when he said sugar is 50% less fattening than starch, I believe was the % he gave. It's my experience through experimental data tracking since March of this year that it is in fact the more heavy "solid" foods like meat, starch, fats that tend to promote weight gain and so you absolutely should restrict these. I've been able to invoke weight gain on 3,000 calories or less emphasizing protein, fat, and starch and invoke weight loss on over 5,000 calories by focusing mostly on sugar.

I think combination of fat with high carbs mainly starch like you said is optimal for weight gain. Make that fat pufa you have the perfect storm. It will block your metabolism, raise cortisol and estrogen thus just halting all mechanics to burn it off and turn on hinernation mode and store it all as body fat for a rainy day.
IMO the best is to supply a steady stream of sugar through the day so that your blood sugars are stable no reason for cortisol secretion. Then eat around 80-100 grams of protein. Fat can be kept minimum but if used for cooking or for flavouring saturated obviously is what you use. I follow this type of eating. I dont count calories I eat when I feel I need to eat. Listen to your body if you’re hungry then eat. It works for me. Somedays I probably get as low as 2000-2500 calories and somedays I probably get 4000 calories and im losing weight and gaining muscle like that.
Main focus for me is to keep cortisol low and let the body be in an anabolic state

berk

@Cirion @Kingpinguin
Can you two give a example how your diets looks like for a day?
1000 gr carbs from only sugars is a ton of fructose..
this doesn't convert in bodyfat? (liver can handle 50 gr fructose a day or something?)

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Not eating causes dopamine release and sensitivity. Eating causes serotonin release. This is because when you have eaten youre supposed to feel tired and take a nap, digest food etc. It slows down metabolism. While when you dont eat you need to be alert, energized and motivated to hunt/gather food. Its a survival thing. I think it has a correlation. Sugar somehow does not cause that serotonin release and usually increase dopamine. Maybe as a signal to the brain that this is good stuff get more and more. I dunno just a hypothesis. But read similair stuff on the topic when they studied neurotransmitters in worms.
Not sure how accurate that is. My entire life i always barely eat and I dont have alot of motivation. When I start to take things like mk677 my hunger shoots up. I start to eat like a real man and i feel happier and less agitated and more energetic. I feel like i have a natural ghrelin deficiency

Motorneuron

Not sure how accurate that is. My entire life i always barely eat and I dont have alot of motivation. When I start to take things like mk677 my hunger shoots up. I start to eat like a real man and i feel happier and less agitated and more energetic. I feel like i have a natural ghrelin deficiency
Sorry but in this context what does it mean to take an exogenous "supplement" of that type? 🤔

LadyRae

Update on your progress?

Motorneuron

It would also be interesting to understand how the liver, bile, kidneys, intestines, pancreas, hair, skin, muscles, bones react... in the medium/long term and which supplements would be useful with a focus on pushing oxidation... 'idea that out of for example 7 days you can push for 5 while two you can "recharge" the lipid and/or starch part... I am of the opinion that everything you do chronically stalls and blocks the body ....receptors...genes..
enzymatic pathways...etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals