Gyno: DHT Vs AI

Ron J

Hello
What do you guys think about a subject using an aromatase inhibitor(letrozole) over DHT(not long term)? What's your opinion about administering T3-T4 with an AI?

Abc123

I'm interested in this as well. I've recently developed some nipple swelling(gyro) while on NDT. My DHEA and DHT are very low. SHBG is always elevated. I'd like to try one of the two(letrozole or Haidut's Androstrone).

schultz

If you're using DHT to drop your estrogen levels you would probably need a reasonably high dose. This type of dose would lower your testosterone. Whether that is bad is up to you.

This study - Male sexual function can be maintained without aromatization: randomized placebo-controlled trial of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in healthy, older me... - PubMed - NCBI - was a 24 month study where participants were given 70mg of DHT daily in the form of Andractim. Estradiol levels dropped to a mean of 1.7 pg/mL (apparently normal is 10-82 pg/ml). DHT levels were 10 fold over baseline.

This level of estradiol is what an AI would bring you to. In the above study sexual function was unaltered.

I would think DHT would be safer than an AI.

OP
R

Ron J

If you're using DHT to drop your estrogen levels you would probably need a reasonably high dose. This type of dose would lower your testosterone. Whether that is bad is up to you.

This study - Male sexual function can be maintained without aromatization: randomized placebo-controlled trial of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in healthy, older me... - PubMed - NCBI - was a 24 month study where participants were given 70mg of DHT daily in the form of Andractim. Estradiol levels dropped to a mean of 1.7 pg/mL (apparently normal is 10-82 pg/ml). DHT levels were 10 fold over baseline.

This level of estradiol is what an AI would bring you to. In the above study sexual function was unaltered.

That's very helpful; thank you.

ddjd

Why are AI's unsafe?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals