Girl Heals SEVERE Acne In 6-12 Months With Diet And Lifestyle Only

EIRE24

I don't know about that one. I know that my own acne has to be related to the way aspirin interacts with hormones, because it always improves after taking it.

Do you have a source on skim milk causing more acne than higher fat milk?

I've completely avoided dairy at stretches of time to see if my acne improved, and it didn't. Admittedly I've never avoided dairy since Peating, so perhaps it would have an effect on me now. What I'd worry about if I removed dairy is whether or not I'd get enough calcium, and what to replace the protein with.
Ya the protein and calcium is my problem as well, i'm guessing eggshell could cover calcium and if you took enough you wouldnt have to worry about the phosphorus in meat which could cover protein? Just an idea

Tenacity

Ya the protein and calcium is my problem as well, i'm guessing eggshell could cover calcium and if you took enough you wouldnt have to worry about the phosphorus in meat which could cover protein? Just an idea
I wouldn't like to eat too much meat though because of the cystine. Eggshell calcium is a good idea, but I don't see it being too sustainable in my lifestyle to be honest.

The only brand of gelatin that I can afford actually makes my acne worse, so that's off the table too.

EIRE24

I wouldn't like to eat too much meat though because of the cystine. Eggshell calcium is a good idea, but I don't see it being too sustainable in my lifestyle to be honest.

The only brand of gelatin that I can afford actually makes my acne worse, so that's off the table too.
Yes, I was thinking about the harmful amino acids alright in the meat. Something to consider I guess?

Tenacity

Yes, I was thinking about the harmful amino acids alright in the meat. Something to consider I guess?
Perhaps I'll try in the future. I'm content with my own progress in the skin department for now - unless I'm stressed through sleep deprivation (which is unfortunately often) or severe hypoglycaemia I don't get acne, and any existing acne heals.

EIRE24

Perhaps I'll try in the future. I'm content with my own progress in the skin department for now - unless I'm stressed through sleep deprivation (which is unfortunately often) or severe hypoglycaemia I don't get acne, and any existing acne heals.
When would you see hypoglaecemia setting in?

Tenacity

When would you see hypoglaecemia setting in?
When I go without eating for a while. It doesn't help that sleep deprivation often covers my hunger/blood sugar signals, so the two often combine.

DuggaDugga

If milk was so good at causing acne, wouldn't everybody on the forum have at least some acne? I drink like 3 litres a day and never get any acne. I used to almost always have at least 1 little one on my face, but since I started eating rationally my face has been generally very clear (though I attribute this to eating liver)

We should have a vote or something. I would be curious to know if forum members who drink a lot of milk get acne.

I had acne pretty bad in my teens. By my late teens/early 20's it cleared up to the point I got compliments on my skin. This was a time when I was eating poorly and consuming considerable amounts of alcohol, but I was overall enjoying life. It seems like it had been a hand-off between acne to hair loss, as by my mid-twenties thinning and receding were already noticeable and distressing. Still no acne, though my skin seemed to be aging prematurely: always uncomfortably tight, dry, and pale albeit clear of blemish. It was like my sebaceous glands were totally inactive. During the second half of this period of my life I was also taking 5-ar inhibitors.

Now in my late 20's, about a year into "Peating", I have the glossy skin of a teenager and my hair loss is reversing. Along with that, my libido and mood have lifted considerably. The catch? Vulnerability to acne, something that's almost foreign to me now. I do think androgens play a role, but I doubt it's as simple as "androgens cause acne". My guess is there's a modulating factor where high androgens allow increased susceptibility. For me, alcohol consumption, mental distress, sleep disruption, and inadequate or excessive retinol seem to most reliably cause acne.

I have a hard time assigning blame to dairy, as I consistently drink upwards of half a gallon of milk per day and my acne is occasional. If it was the milk I'd expect to be littered with acne constantly. I've nothing but good experience with hormone-free, grass-feed, pastured dairy (preferably raw) in regards to my overall health. I crave it with most meals.

Last edited:

EIRE24

I had acne pretty bad in my teens. By my late teens/early 20's it cleared up to the point I got compliments on my skin. This was a time when I was eating poorly and consuming considerable amounts of alcohol, but I was overall enjoying life. It seems like it had been a hand-off between acne to hair loss, as by my mid-twenties thinning and receding were already noticeable and distressing. Still no acne, though my skin seemed to be aging prematurely: always uncomfortably tight, dry, and pale albeit clear of blemish. It was like my sebaceous glands were totally inactive. During the second half of this period of my life I was also taking 5-ar inhibitors.

Now in my late 20's, about a year into "Peating", I have the glossy skin of a teenager and my hair loss is reversing. Along with that, my libido and mood have lifted considerably. The catch? Vulnerability to acne, something that's almost foreign to me now. I do think androgens play a role, but I doubt it's as simple as "androgens cause acne". My guess is there's a modulating factor where high androgens allow increased susceptibility. For me, alcohol consumption, mental distress, sleep disruption, and inadequate or excessive retinol seem to most reliability cause acne.

I have a hard time assigning blame to dairy, as I consistently drink upwards of half a gallon of milk per day and my acne is occasional. If it was the milk I'd be littered with acne. I've nothing but good experience with hormone-free, grass-feed, pastured dairy (preferably raw) in regards to my overall health. That's me though.
inadequate *or* excessive retinol seem to most reliability cause acne.
My experience also, too little and im too oily and too much and my skin is too dry. Both of which cause acne for me. Sunlight has been something that majorly clears me up of any acne along with not washing my face too harshly or often

DuggaDugga

inadequate *or* excessive retinol seem to most reliability cause acne.
My experience also, too little and im too oily and too much and my skin is too dry. Both of which cause acne for me. Sunlight has been something that majorly clears me up of any acne along with not washing my face too harshly or often

Same. I recently ate liver three days in a row as an experiment and my face was incredibly sensitive and small blemishes were surfacing.
Conversely, early in the spring I was getting large amounts of sun exposure and not eating liver at all and many very small whiteheads popped up like clockwork.
Four ounces of liver once a week seems to be the sweet spot for me.

I think the most important, for most people, is simply avoiding dairy.

There are two classical things that can produce acne: steroid hormones and halogens (chloracne). Dairy products have both. Iodine comes from nipple-sterilization and the steroid hormones are found naturally (and are often elevated from rBGH.)

Yep. It's amazing how in so many of these miraculous acne cure stories, the solution involved avoiding dairy. Let me link to my thread again.

2 Quarts Of Milk Has 1.2 Mg Of Iodine; Enough To Suppress The Thyroid And Cause Acne In Many

EIRE24

Same. I recently ate liver three days in a row as an experiment and my face was incredibly sensitive and small blemishes were surfacing.
Conversely, early in the spring I was getting large amounts of sun exposure and not eating liver at all and many very small whiteheads popped up like clockwork.
Four ounces of liver once a week seems to be the sweet spot for me.
That is strange. I think that vitamin D uses up vitamin A, so if you ate the liver and got enough sunlight the vitamin A would be used in keeping acne at bay. One without the other could lead to problems like me and you are talking about

EIRE24

@Travis If acne was caused by cholesterol in the sebum from androgens, then why would things like oysters (high in zinc) and liver which is hig in vitamin A help to clear up so many peoples issues. This really confuses me!

schultz

Google search "lectin casein a1" . I got these already:

Admittedly I didn't look very hard :sad

All I did was search pubmed. Okay, I'll read these later, thanks!

I personally get a lot of acne from consuming milk. Taking it out removes acne, IME.

It's weird that it seems to so easily cause it in some people and yet in other people it doesn't do anything. Any acne I had actually cleared up when I started "Peating", though I did make many changes all at once.

I always sort of assumed it was the increased metabolism that milk causes (presumably). I think of it as just revealing some deficiency the person has, not that the milk itself is "toxic". Obviously there is some sort of connection, if we choose to trust the many anecdotes about milk consumption and acne (I have no reason not to believe these stories)

EIRE24

Admittedly I didn't look very hard :sad

All I did was search pubmed. Okay, I'll read these later, thanks!

It's weird that it seems to so easily cause it in some people and yet in other people it doesn't do anything. Any acne I had actually cleared up when I started "Peating", though I did make many changes all at once.

I always sort of assumed it was the increased metabolism that milk causes (presumably). I think of it as just revealing some deficiency the person has, not that the milk itself is "toxic". Obviously there is some sort of connection, if we choose to trust the many anecdotes about milk consumption and acne (I have no reason not to believe these stories)
So what changes did you make that helped with your acne go away?

Travis

If acne was caused by cholesterol in the sebum from androgens, then why would things like oysters (high in zinc) and liver which is high in vitamin A help to clear up so many peoples issues. This really confuses me!
I think acne is fundamentally in imbalance in the chemical composition of sebum. High amount's of sterols, and a corresponding loss in oils, changes the viscositity of sebum.

You cannot plug a pore with coconut oil. It's too thin at 98°.

If you read that study, you will see that acne-free people had sebum of less that 10% cholesterol (or cholesterol esters). The people with acne had sebum cholesterol levels over 20%.

I never said that androgens were the only cause. Anything that changes the viscosity of sebum could potentially be a factor. The lower androgen levels and shorter-chained fatty acids of goat milk might be expected to make a difference.

Cheese from cows will give me acne, but it takes awhile. It does not happen immediately. It also takes a few months to get rid of. This could be why some people don't make the connection.

But some people seem resistant despite a high milk intake. This could be because of other hormones present or high activities of certain enzymes involved in transforming androgens.

Now when you force-out a small whitehead, what you have are oils with a high (~24%) cholesterol content. You can see and feel it; it's waxy. This has been measured by analytical chemists to be cholesterol and cholesterol esters.

Last edited:

noordinary

Just found this. She is from my city.

Now this is impressive because this person had what i call 'real' acne. Not just few pimples, but extremely severe. Also it was chronic. This severity in acne is not only obviously physically damaging but will cripple most people (emotionally) for life.

This level of acne is life changing acne which is why i felt this need to share it. Also congratulations to her for sticking to what she was doing..most people would try something for 1 month, MAYBE 2 and conclude it didnt work for them. notice the most dramatic changes occured after 6 months. Reminder she took no drugs or supplements. Food and lifestyle only.

SHE HAD ALSO TRIED ANTIBIOTICS AND ACCUTANE BUT THESE DID NOT WORK

key points:
she followed low fat high carbohydrate diet no animal food
exercise daily (1-2 hours)
wake up early (5-7am) sleep early (8-10pm)

just a disclaimer i aint a vegan!!!! but maybe this can help someone who like most people who are dealing with a chronic illness dont have money for supps/drugs/medicine convetional or otherwise. maybe you have 'tried everything', maybe you are running low on motivation. dont give up no matter what. try everything untl you find something that work

"Avocado, coconut oil = fatty blood = fatty skin" oh, those mechanical bodies

Does low fat high carb vegan diet work? Yes
How? I think By elevating cortisol through the roof, she is basically lives like on corticosteroid shots.
Does it work? Yes. Does it down regulate inflamation? Yes. Would it help with arthritis? Yes. Thats mainstream basically therapy.
In her case its endogenous, because of extremely low protein diet deficient in some minerals and vitamins.
Is it good for you in a long time?
Is elevated cortisol good for you for prolonged periods of time?

I know this, because ive been there. Ive been low fat high carb raw vegan for 3 years.
Did my psoriasis disappear? Yes! Was gone completly, i became a beliver.
But
As the cortisol supply started to drop in couple years it all returned twice as bad.
Good thing it was the final call to drop veganism.

I wish we could see this girls testimontials two years from now, then tree and so on (if she will be able to sustain this lifestyle).

Corticosteroids (endogenous or exogenous) bring instant relief, but there is a price tag on that one.

And low fat vegan avoids PUFA and depletes them as well. That probably is one positive in this situation.

noordinary

And lots of vegans and low carbers (and keto) brag how they are early to bed and very early to rise. They have hard time keeping awake during evenings, and wake up 4 am and cant sleep anymore. I was one of them "early to bed early to rise". Exept too early.
My guess again elevated stress hormons.
Did i feel good and energetic? Oh ye!
Never tried cocain, but you get the analogy.

Travis

SEBUM EXCRETION AND SEBUM COMPOSITION IN ADOLESCENT MEN WITH AND WITHOUT ACNE VULGARIS
British Journal of Dermatology
E.W. Powell

acne1.png acne2.png acne3.png

EFFECTS OF ANDROGENS AND PROLACTIN ON THE RATE OF PRODUCTION AND COMPOSITION OF SEBUM IN HYPOPHYSECTOMIZED FEMALE RATS
Journal of Endocrinology
T. Nikkari

acne4.png

The response of human sebaceous glands to testosterone, androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone was studied by Pochi & Strauss (1969). They measured the amount of sebum produced within a given skin area during a 3 h period. Androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone were found to have 68 and 61 % of the activity of testosterone propionate, respectively, when the androgens were administered i.m. in doses of 100 mg three times weekly for 7-11 weeks.

The androgen control of sebum production. Studies of subjects with dihydrotestosterone deficiency and complete androgen insensitivity
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
J Imperato-McGinley

The lack of demonstrable sebum in androgen-insensitive subjects clearly demonstrates the absolute androgen control of sebum production.

The Control and Measurement of Sebum Excretion
The Journal of Investigative Dermatology
Sam Shuster

acne5.png

Ehling has reviewed the numerous reports that castration leads to atrophy of the sebaceous glands, and Thody and Shuster and Strauss and Pochi have shown that sebum production is decreased following castration.

(Obviously, castration should not be the first-line therapy for acne. This merely demonstrates the absolute control androgens have over sebaceous gland activity.)

Doctor Simpson doesn't hold back, and pretty much tells it like is:
Sebaceous gland activity is under the control of androgens, and acne is associated with increased sebum production (Cunliffe & Cotterill, 1975). There is evidence that the increased sebum excretion rate (S.E.R.) in some patients represents an abnormality in circulating androgen levels (Forstrom et ai, 1974) and in others an exaggerated end-organ response of the sebaceous gland to normal amounts of circulating androgens (Mauvais-Jarvis, 1977). Studies with anti-androgens have shown a decrease in S.E.R. and an improvement of acne (Ebling et al., 1977).

The effect of topically applied progesterone on sebum excretion rate
N.B.SIMPSON
Department of Dermatology, General Infirmary, Leeds

(In case you were wondering, topical progesterone had no effect.)

You could argue that it's not the androgens per se, but the "exaggerated end-organ response" to androgens. But in that case, decreasing androgens would still work. Until someone can demonstrate the cause of the exaggerated response, or a way to mitigate it, lessening androgen intake seems to be the only reliable treatment.

Last edited:

DuggaDugga

SEBUM EXCRETION AND SEBUM COMPOSITION IN ADOLESCENT MEN WITH AND WITHOUT ACNE VULGARIS
E.W. Powell

View attachment 6118 View attachment 6119 View attachment 6120

EFFECTS OF ANDROGENS AND PROLACTIN ON THE RATE OF PRODUCTION AND COMPOSITION OF SEBUM IN HYPOPHYSECTOMIZED FEMALE RATS
Journal of Endocrinology
T. Nikkari

View attachment 6121

The androgen control of sebum production. Studies of subjects with dihydrotestosterone deficiency and complete androgen insensitivity
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
J Imperato-McGinley

The Control and Measurement of Sebum Excretion
The Journal of Investigative Dermatology
Sam Shuster

View attachment 6122

(Obviously, castration should not be the first-line therapy for acne. This merely demonstrates the absolute control androgens have over sebaceous gland activity.)

Doctor Simpson doesn't hold back, and pretty much tells it like is:

The effect of topically applied progesterone on sebum excretion rate
N.B.SIMPSON
Department of Dermatology, General Infirmary, Leeds

(In case you were wondering, topical progesterone had no effect.)

You could argue that it's not the androgens per se, but the "exaggerated end-organ response" to androgens. But in that case, decreasing androgens would still work. Until someone can demonstrate the cause of the exaggerated response, or a way to mitigate it, lessening androgen intake seems to be the only reliable treatment.

Thanks for the references. I've got to respectfully disagree with your closing statement though.

I think we agree that sebum is a good and healthy thing to produce in the right context. That androgens would increase sebum production, likely by stimulating cellular growth and differentiation resulting holocrine secretion by the sebocyte, should be a desirable. That acne is most prevalent in adolescents, when androgen levels are their highest, may be an indication that acne is associated with an otherwise youth-associated hormone profile. None of us are strangers to benefits of androgens.

That we should avoid androgens because they increase sebum production which could be modulated to increased acne feels tantamount to avoiding saturated fat because it increases cholesterol which can be oxidized and contribute to atherosclerotic plaque. Obviously in the latter case we would say decrease oxidative stress and reap the benefits of cholesterol. I think we should have the same approach to androgens.

That's my opinion anyways. I've been thinking quite a bit about acne the last few months and look forward to continued discourse on the topic.

Travis

That we should avoid androgens because they increase sebum production...
Only if one is experiencing the side-effects (e.g. a teenager whose life "is being ruined" by acne).

...feels tantamount to avoiding saturated fat because it increases cholesterol which can be oxidized and contribute to atherosclerotic plaque.
It doesn't really. I think the best science indicates that total serum cholesterol plays a relatively minor role in atherosclerotic plaque formation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals