Gaining Muscle Olympic Weightlifting With Peat-style Nutrition

Jennifer

Such_Saturation said:
Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:
Frankly I don't think anyone here has gone to six-thousand calories per day for any relevant amount of time, nor is aware of what the body might do in that situation.
I did 6,000 calories for a year and a half with a couple weeks consuming upwards of 10,000 calories during times of extreme hunger. I gained 50 pounds and much of it was in my mid-section. I wasn't doing uncouplers or any strict adherence to Peat foods. I was refeeding based on youreatopia guidelines.

PUFA grams?
I wasn't keeping a detailed account of those things, but I was avoiding PUFA, except for a piece of cake I'd get once a week from a local bakery. The frosting was made from butter (butter cream), but I will assume the cake itself was made with vegetable oil. I don't really know for certain. I ate it to help me relax with food. I developed some major food OCD from my 80/10/10 days.

The rest of my diet was mainly lowfat dairy, fruit, eggs, Japanese sweet potatoes, oats, French bread, cocoa rice cereal made with coconut oil, an oil-free oatmeal square cereal and small amounts of crab and beef.

Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:
Frankly I don't think anyone here has gone to six-thousand calories per day for any relevant amount of time, nor is aware of what the body might do in that situation.
I did 6,000 calories for a year and a half with a couple weeks consuming upwards of 10,000 calories during times of extreme hunger. I gained 50 pounds and much of it was in my mid-section. I wasn't doing uncouplers or any strict adherence to Peat foods. I was refeeding based on youreatopia guidelines.
Et tu, S_Sate! I think it's easy to get to 6,000 calories of the uncouplers: fructose, casein and medium chain triglycerides.

It's pretty much one gallon of home made coffee ice cream (or panna cotta) and a container of cottage cheese (4 cups). No biggie.

You literally cannot gain bodyfat on these uncouplers, but you may be, as Zach says, hyperthyroid, and your muscles will simply grow! Some non-stress activity makes them muscles grow faster!

Now if you add glucose/starch, PUFAs, endotoxins and cortisol, then you just watch that belly grow!

Attachments

• cronometer---6K-calories.jpg
    cronometer---6K-calories.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 964
Zachs said:
For reference, her i am at 170~ and MAYBE 10% bf (probably closer to 12). Im 6'0 tall so to be 175 and under 10%, one would need to see visable 6 pack and straitions in muscle or be really tall, 6,3+.

I eat between 3-4k on any given day which i think is optimal for most males not doing any real exercise.
Dang you are young! It gets harder as you get older, mister!!!

If you're 10%, then I may be 12%. But really, it's all good. We're just discussing how many angels can fit through the eye of a needle.

Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:
Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:

PUFA grams?
I wasn't keeping a detailed account of those things, but I was avoiding PUFA, except for a piece of cake I'd get once a week from a local bakery. The frosting was made from butter (butter cream), but I will assume the cake itself was made with vegetable oil. I don't really know for certain. I ate it to help me relax with food. I developed some major food OCD from my 80/10/10 days.

The rest of my diet was mainly lowfat dairy, fruit, eggs, Japanese sweet potatoes, oats, French bread, cocoa rice cereal made with coconut oil, an oil-free oatmeal square cereal and small amounts of crab and beef.

But six-thousand calories is seventeen quarts of skim milk, or over two kilograms of french bread!

Zachs

Im 31 so not that young! Also i screwed my metabolism up hardcore on a VLC diet, i was up to 220lbs at one point.

Also holy shizzle! Do you reall eat two cups of fructose powder and 16tbs CO a day?! I thinn both are healthy but even i would be scared of fatty liver or something at those quanitities.

Jennifer

Such_Saturation said:
Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:
Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:

PUFA grams?

But six-thousand calories is seventeen quarts of skim milk, or over two kilograms of french bread!
I was doing 1% milk, not skim. I also wasn't only having milk and French bread, though I probably would off liked that. LOL.

I ate from the time I woke up, till the time I went to bed. I started at 95 pounds, but keep in mind that I had been extremely under weight for years. I started dropping weight fast after the first couple years I began hiking. I was around 24 at the time. I went from 99 pounds to 70 within a year. I stayed at 70 pounds for at least a year while trying to gain weight. It wasn't until I started drinking at least 3+ liters of raw milk, lots of bone broth, eggs and shellfish daily that I was able to get my weight to 95 pounds (mostly muscle), but it wouldn't go any higher so I started refeeding. I had a HUGE appetite since the time I began hiking and refeeding on all those calories finally relieved me of that ravenous hunger.

Check out the Minnesota Starvation Experiment. I'm not the only one who easily packed away the calories.

Zachs said:
Im 31 so not that young! Also i screwed my metabolism up hardcore on a VLC diet, i was up to 220lbs at one point.

Also holy shizzle! Do you reall eat two cups of fructose powder and 16tbs CO a day?! I thinn both are healthy but even i would be scared of fatty liver or something at those quanitities.
I thought you were like 19! You look great. That's awesome that you went down from 220. I haven't done anything like that, I just went up ( from 145 to 175, which may be easier, also after getting screwed up on a ketosis IF diet). I don't do that much all the time. It's a lot of work, and now that I've gained the 30 pounds of LBM, I'm ok with where I am.

I was sort of "bio-hacking" with that amount mostly to see what I could measure for changes in metabolic rate (exhaled CO2). My assumption was that the fructose is equivalent to the sugar in ice cream (84 grams per pint); and that CO/MCT is the equivalent to the milkfat content of ice cream too, but without the PUFAs.

But of course, if you ate that much ice cream you would probably gain fat, unless you were an olympic swimmer or the equivalent.

[Edit: I just checked and there's a lot more fat in a gallon of (expensive) ice cream, 549 grams including 23 grams PUFAs; compared to 221 grams of saturated fat in the coconut/MCT oil, including 2 grams PUFA)

As I understand Peat, having enough of the uncouplers, (which include coffee, aspirin and thyroid), combined with reducing glucose/starch, PUFAs, endotoxins and stress hormones, is protective again fatty liver, and other metabolic issues ... like gaining bodyfat. ;)

johns74 said:
Zachs, MCT oil protects against fatty liver.
Charlie in his infinite wisdom and generosity seems to have improved the thumbs-up function, so now it works like this:
:thumbup

cout12

visionofstrength said:
Jennifer said:
Such_Saturation said:
Et tu, S_Sate! I think it's easy to get to 6,000 calories of the uncouplers: fructose, casein and medium chain triglycerides.

It's pretty much one gallon of home made coffee ice cream (or panna cotta) and a container of cottage cheese (4 cups). No biggie.

You literally cannot gain bodyfat on these uncouplers, but you may be, as Zach says, hyperthyroid, and your muscles will simply grow! Some non-stress activity makes them muscles grow faster!

Now if you add glucose/starch, PUFAs, endotoxins and cortisol, then you just watch that belly grow!
How do you prepare this food? I'm eating a similar diet but there's no way I could reach that amount of calories. The food doesn't taste good enough to overeat and I'm just not that hungry. Especially the gelatin, it doesn't taste great and I don't know what to put it in. It's pretty hard to reach 80g of protein for me.

edit: also how do you get cottage cheese without additives? and how do you drink so much liquid in one day? I drink like 1 quart of juice and milk a day and I'm pretty much drinking every hour until I'm full of liquid.

cout12 said:
How do you prepare this food? I'm eating a similar diet but there's no way I could reach that amount of calories. The food doesn't taste good enough to overeat and I'm just not that hungry. Especially the gelatin, it doesn't taste great and I don't know what to put it in. It's pretty hard to reach 80g of protein for me.
Do you want to gain muscle, without gaining fat?

Yes, I agree: I like it to taste really good, and I like to feel hungry all the time, so it's enjoyable. I basically did a pint every two hours, 8 times a day. And then I had the cottage cheese (salted to taste) in half cups every two hours, 8 times a day. I do seem to get hungry about every two hours, but I also use a timer to remind myself.

In the recipe for panna cotta you can vary the amounts of the gelatin and Coconut/MCT oil as you like.
I got the basics for it here:
http://seattletimes.com/html/foodwine/2 ... tta20.html
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-pa ... chn-200070

Now if I have starch, PUFAs, or intestinal irritants, or if my cortisol/adrenaline soars from stress, then I find I really don't feel hungry and it's hard to make myself eat. I would suggest building up gradually, and check for signs of headache, nausea, constipation or diarrhea.

Zachs

johns74 said:

Still... That would be a ton of fructose and MCT that the liver has to metabolize.

Vos, thanks! Yea my version of a RP diet did wonders for me. I also utilize Muscle Control for LBM instead of traditional weight training.

Thats interesting experimenting you did. Where can i read more about uncouplers?

There is a thread that my dear friend Charlie entitled, "VoS uncoupling thread". I do not take credit for it though, as Charlie seems to imply. It was a combined effort of many, as with many good things.

If you search http://www.toxinless.com/peat/search for uncoupling you'll get about 16 references.

Peat often writes about it in his newsletters, too, which I think are a great value. raypeat.com/bookstore

nikotrope

cout12 said:

For my part I dissolve gelatin in hot milk and cannot really taste it or feel a difference in texture so that's a way to eat gelatin. I sometimes eat congee (rice porridge) and put gelatin in it. In any hot meal that has liquid in it basically.

Zachs said:
johns74 said:

Still... That would be a ton of fructose and MCT that the liver has to metabolize.
Peat's said that the MCT's are new enough that they are still controversial for him.

One idea is that MCT is digested before it reaches the liver, in the cholymicrons, and so provides a backup energy source of ketone bodies preventing the liver from becoming overwhelmed, though this may not really be proved sufficiently I think in Peat's view, yet.

At least one Peatian advocate argues that fructose should not be blamed for fatty liver at all, rather the presence of excess PUFAs in the diet.
http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/02/qu ... ke-on.html
http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/02/re ... uttal.html

Zachs said:
Vos, thanks! Yea my version of a RP diet did wonders for me. I also utilize Muscle Control for LBM instead of traditional weight training.
Is there anything you can share about your version of an RP diet, or Muscle Control? I love to learn new things!

nikotrope said:
cout12 said:

For my part I dissolve gelatin in hot milk and cannot really taste it or feel a difference in texture so that's a way to eat gelatin. I sometimes eat congee (rice porridge) and put gelatin in it. In any hot meal that has liquid in it basically.
Agree. This too!

dd99

Yeah, I'd love to hear about Muscle Control, too. Sounds old school!

aquaman

Zachs said:
For reference, her i am at 170~ and MAYBE 10% bf (probably closer to 12). Im 6'0 tall so to be 175 and under 10%, one would need to see visable 6 pack and straitions in muscle or be really tall, 6,3+.

I eat between 3-4k on any given day which i think is optimal for most males not doing any real exercise.

Thanks, now I'm inclined to follow what Zachs has to say above what VoS has to say!

Zachs, what do you eat on a typical day now, and how long did your transformation from 220 pounds take??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals