Muscle Growth, Dopamine

Ilvar

Hi all,

I wanted to report on some massive gains I’ve made in the past 2 months. I’ve been consistently eating around 3000-4000 calories each day and had a coaching for Olympic lifting. I just got home to see family after 2 months and they’ve all remarked on my massive leg muscle growth. Very pleased with this. One relative said I don’t want to get any bigger or id look like I’m on steroids, but it’s all natural and I can’t help but think the peaty diet changes have helped massively in lowering my stress levels too.

Daily diet:
Breakfast: 3 tablespoons intense roast coffee
W 3 tablespoons sugar and full cream milk
Oranges

Late morning/Lunch: 12 peeled potatoes baked in coconut oil
Eat with oranges for glucose/fructose combo - I find this massively helps with strength and energy

2-4 litres of full cream milk through day. I’m lucky enough to get it from a cheap store near me

Some grass fed gelatin in powder packet or my own beef bone broth, about 2 cups.

A grass fed steak cooked in butter around 5, or I’ll cook a bunch of onions, mushrooms and liver together with salt pepper and turmeric.

A carrot and maybe a couple tablespoons of ice cream (coconut oil , egg, skim milk powder and cup of sugar blended) before bed.

Occasionally I’ll have eggs; I’ve kept the eggshells and made an eggshell calcium powder I sometimes put in my coffee.

Some would say the eggs and potatoes aren’t very peaty but I think it’s wotking fine for me.

I can also tell when my dopamine is up after coffee/sugar and especially dark chocolate - I get a lot more chatty in my head and feel positive at the start of the morning. Same feeling when I lift. I lift twice a week.

Morning after I eat liver my eczema on my hands look noticeably healed. I have to stay consistent with liver or otherwise eczema comes back.

Anyways, the muscle gains has been interesting. My leg muscles - calves, quads, hamstrings and glutes - are a lot more developed than my upper body muscles. Although I’ve been able to activate my back muscles more recently which is a good sign.

Yeah back when I did squats and stuff, even under lots of stress hormones, I noticed quads grow a lot when trained well and eating well (it is a large muscle group).

Eggs and potatoes can definitely be Peaty, but leaning more on the potato side.

I couldn't wake up and eat plain sugar though -- that'd be nutrient murder for me. I need lots of nutrients and then can get away more with the empty carbs and stuff. I've noticed that if I sugar my milk up it increases the chances of having a crash point in the day/big fatigue hit. I guess I'm still not quite "vitaminized" enough to pull off the higher table sugars and such too often.

But aside from the dark coffee and loads of milk I'd want to reach a diet similar to yours as a goal soon -- looks pretty decent.

I'd also say that dopamine definitely plays a role. The whole positive thinking mantras definitely are right -- having the right mentality, diet and hormones not out of whack (stress hormones need to be low consistently) encourages good results in quicker AND bigger muscle building with anti-fatigue.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Seems like you got a solid routine going for you. I think that creamy milk and sugar combo is what’s doing the most work for you in that regimen. Very potent for just about everything. Of course the coffee doesn’t hurt for overall mental clarity and dopamine. Safest way to get huge in my opinion. So many people in the fitness world run away from dairy when in reality it’s so crucial to being very strong AND healthy at the same time.