Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Charger

Just want to reiterate the significance of thyroid in this condition. I've been supplementing 25-50mcg T3 for the past few weeks, mental clarity is great, libido is high, refractory period is low.

Haidut made a post about a year back noting how Finasteride use can induce hypothyroidism:

Before using Finasteride, I had already had symptoms of hypothyroidism and I believe Fin pushed it to another level of severity.

Another relevant statement by haidut:
Pregnenolone and progesterone are both precursors to allopregnanolone but the conversion depends on function of 5-AR, which is downregulated in most hypothyroid people and goes down with aging. Taking Finasteride or being under severe stress also downregulates it.

I've said it earlier in the thread, but if you feel great on HCG and the effects don't stick after coming off, absolutely consider supplementing thyroid and see if you feel better after a week or two. HCG is known to speed up the thyroid, people may be feeling a majority of their improvements from this alone.

Last edited:
OP
J

JoeKool

@jinstewart I’m like speechless over here! I’m just psyched! Simply put, just happy others are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

@sladerunner69 too! Happy for all the improvements and support of each other.

I'm not on anything at the moment. Not doing too bad mentally but my hormone balance between brain and periphery is still out of whack. For instance I am constantly suffering from water retention and gut bloat. But the moment I touch anything that reduces estrogen, there goes all my libido, brain fog increases and I can't sleep for ***t.

My peripheral 5-AR is still underexpressed or my aromatase is too high. I'll try to cut down at least 10 lbs of weight which should help. In the meantime I'm trying to find BAC water that doesn't cost an arm and a leg so I can do 2 more vials of HCG...

FinVictim

@jinstewart

Thanks for the write up of former regimens. I think we should not exclude the combination of hCG and some other form of high testosteron / DHT analogue until we see people reporting evident benefits from hCG alone.

To Jinstewart, Sladerunner and JoeKool: I'm very interested in whether you are also experiencing more "desire" and motivation to go out and do stuff? Post finasteride syndrome sufferers seem to have an impaired functioning of "desire" and motivation in general, of which libido is only part. This is also the case in my situation, and something I'm most worried about. No desire to see friends or do hobbies anymore. I still go out and do stuff but mainly because of rational thinking and knowing it's good to continue, and then when I actually do meet up with friends or do certain activities I can still experience some form of joy (still lower though, but the joy is there a little). The functioning of "desire/motivation" system to do stuff seems to be the culprit.

One other observation: There seem to be two camps of post finasteride sufferers. Either the high anxiety/fear and worrying type, or the low anxiety/fear and emotional flatness type. I'm of the latter type. Has anyone made any observations in addition to this? Like are the anxiety type of sufferers more often long term finasteride users who "crash"? I'm a short term user (20 days) and never really crashed, but mental problems seem to have come gradually. Libido and erections problems did start right after 20 1mg pills and maybe worsened a little over time.

Cooper

Guys, im 2 weeks in with HCG and i don't feel any changes yet? Is this normal? I hope it will work on me... I am a PAS case. My libido was a bit increased but it might be a placebo. I try to stay positive and focus on my art.

I also think of adding HGH to the mix tomorrow. 1IU.

FinVictim

Guys, im 2 weeks in with HCG and i don't feel any changes yet? Is this normal? I hope it will work on me... I am a PAS case. My libido was a bit increased but it might be a placebo. I try to stay positive and focus on my art.

I also think of adding HGH to the mix tomorrow. 1IU.

Hey Cooper. It's totally normal not feeling any changes after 2 weeks. hCG will upregulate androgen production in your testicles. Higher androgen concentrations will only be noticeable after a 2-4 months.

Stay strong, and I'd say keep to hCG only for the first 4-6 months. Don't add in the HGH.

stopfin

hey guys.. on advice of my doc I'll be using hCG (750IU monday/thursday) and tamoxifen (20mg daily) from now on. anybody tried this combo already?

MitchMitchell

Your doc has no clue sorry

don’t touch serms, unless gynecomastia

500iu 3 days a week is superior to 750 twice weekly

Mister

Your doc has no clue sorry

don’t touch serms, unless gynecomastia

500iu 3 days a week is superior to 750 twice weekly
I know you're against Serms but it has helped many people with PFS.

@FinVictim Yeah that's anhedonia you're talking about. Having no desire, no jest for life. Flattening of your emotions. Many guys with PFS have this, probably one of the most common symptoms.

I know you're against Serms but it has helped many people with PFS.

@FinVictim Yeah that's anhedonia you're talking about. Having no desire, no jest for life. Flattening of your emotions. Many guys with PFS have this, probably one of the most common symptoms.

My sexual issues have improved quite a bit after Proviron followed by Tamox/HCG PCT. Moreso than on HCG alone or anything else that I did.

Cooper

Hey Cooper. It's totally normal not feeling any changes after 2 weeks. hCG will upregulate androgen production in your testicles. Higher androgen concentrations will only be noticeable after a 2-4 months.

Stay strong, and I'd say keep to hCG only for the first 4-6 months. Don't add in the HGH.
Is there any reason not to take HGH? I have heard it can speed up epigenetic process and heal the cells. I also wonder if my issue is about low GH. So taking it would say something.

may I ask you what exact combo and duration of the meds you actually took?

wildworld1992

Yesterday I injected my first dose 250iu hcg. It seems to make me sleepy and tired. Anyone has the same experience?

sladerunner69

Just want to reiterate the significance of thyroid in this condition. I've been supplementing 25-50mcg T3 for the past few weeks, mental clarity is great, libido is high, refractory period is low.

Haidut made a post about a year back noting how Finasteride use can induce hypothyroidism:

Before using Finasteride, I had already had symptoms of hypothyroidism and I believe Fin pushed it to another level of severity.

Another relevant statement by haidut:

I've said it earlier in the thread, but if you feel great on HCG and the effects don't stick after coming off, absolutely consider supplementing thyroid and see if you feel better after a week or two. HCG is known to speed up the thyroid, people may be feeling a majority of their improvements from this alone.
Are you using t4 as well? Supplementing thyroid has helped significantly in the past but it was never enough for me on its own.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals