Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Mister

Found this interesting thread about wellbutrin:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KxTVE-duQ_3WBmZNezU6dxE_tgeMd8f1_6zYSdvNrng/edit#gid=0

I'm not a fan of wellbutrin and can't find any real recoveries, but nice research that should happen more. Reminds me of the survey and a shame the mods from propeciahelp do not make the survey results public...

Another interesting quote from the mods there in that thread:

"We’ve stated numerous times, including in our official response to the Baylor results, that a novel treatment for PFS is highly unlikely to ever be developed. Novel treatments for orphan diseases are extremely rare, take far more capital than we have, and years to develop. Our best bet is to adopt existing technology or that in development (e.g. CRISPR), which means we will likely never need to fund the development of a treatment or cure in our community. We just need to figure out what is going on, and that is achieved through research.
This cannot be emphasised enough. Ever since joining this forum I’ve seen a lot of doom and gloom over the qualm that we’ll never be able to pioneer a “cure” for our problem; we’re aware of this. As Sugarhouse says, the goal is to identify to the pathology then hopefully use existing resources to tackle the issue. Remember this guys."

The irony of the mods acknowledging that a new treatment won't be developed specifically for PFS but we'll have to adopt "existing technology"... Meanwhile they're discouraging people from actually trying out "existing technology"....

Found this interesting thread about wellbutrin:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KxTVE-duQ_3WBmZNezU6dxE_tgeMd8f1_6zYSdvNrng/edit#gid=0

I'm not a fan of wellbutrin and can't find any real recoveries, but nice research that should happen more. Reminds me of the survey and a shame the mods from propeciahelp do not make the survey results public...

Another interesting quote from the mods there in that thread:

This cannot be emphasised enough. Ever since joining this forum I’ve seen a lot of doom and gloom over the qualm that we’ll never be able to pioneer a “cure” for our problem; we’re aware of this. As Sugarhouse says, the goal is to identify to the pathology then hopefully use existing resources to tackle the issue. Remember this guys."

The irony of the mods acknowledging that a new treatment won't be developed specifically for PFS but we'll have to adopt "existing technology"... Meanwhile they're discouraging people from actually trying out "existing technology"....

Bupropion was initially somewhat helpful for me in that it created a sort of nervous energy that helped combat fatigue, but that quickly faded. I suppose I could have upped the dose, but because the drug had kicked my already high prolactin significantly up, I didn't think that was a smart option...

Unlike the hormonal drugs, bupropion is super easy to get, so people might as well try it if they're interested. I'm more interested to hear about MAOIs though.

And yeah, the people discouraging self-experimentation really annoy me. Obviously don't be stupid, but also recognize that this will be your youth and quite possibly the rest of your life if you do nothing.

FinVictim

Alright so more or less I'll try and break down everything that I did to get a better picture. So took fin for about a month or so for hair loss, developed sides stopped and than started to feel better but quickly feel into pfs. Had pfs for about a year or so, all the typical symptoms, no libido, week erections, no motivation feeling really really off, could not focus on anything as well, depression. Read about low T so I thought hey what the heck, did a cycle of clomid back in October 2020. Felt maybe 10% better but my bloods all ready showed that my T levels where fine. So after reading up on this page, I decided to give HCG a shot. 6 months of it, nothing else, as protocol M/T/W 250iu. After that I'd say I was feeling pretty good, I also did a fmt (fecal matter transplant) that also helped greatly, in fact I'd say one of the biggest things that helped. So after the HCG I waited a week and than went on for a cycle of clomid for a week and a half as well as taking small amounts of dhea not much maybe a few pills at most? Well whatever it was, this is what pushed it over the edge. Got extreme thirst, was drinking water like crazy something like 5-7 liters a day. Got slightly better but still happens and it effects my daily life. Not sure what caused it, or what I threw off, just want to sort it out. I'd stay away from the HCG protocol for now, who knows maybe there is something else were not seeing. But hey, everyone is there own man do what you want but please be safe. Open to any questions btw

Hey man, how are you doing now?

Cortisol test came back totally f***ed. So much so that I wonder if they mixed the samples up.

Morning: 6.4 (7.8 - 29.5)
Afternoon: 6.5 (23.4 - 68.9)
Evening: 26.8 (6 - 19.2)
Before bed: 82.5 (2.6 - 8.4)

Thoughts?

trump_1776

Cortisol test came back totally f***ed. So much so that I wonder if they mixed the samples up.

Morning: 6.4 (7.8 - 29.5)
Afternoon: 6.5 (23.4 - 68.9)
Evening: 26.8 (6 - 19.2)
Before bed: 82.5 (2.6 - 8.4)

Thoughts?
Sounds about right. I have the same feelings. Wired at bed time

MichaelZurich

8B26618E-D714-4BD3-BF90-CD30DF1B52E3.jpeg
Hey everyone. I recently had a saliva test made at a local alternative MD. The test came back pretty much as expected (See image). Low Cortisol, Low T, high E2, Low Progesterone.

Now the doc recommended starting with bioidentical progesterone creme and Hydro Cortisol (to support adrenal fatigue).

I am a little bit scared of progesterone as I red that it is a strong 5AR inhibitor. But as I have searched this thread for progesterone I actually only found good outcomes - no bad ones. And it supposedly functions as aromatase inhibitor, which would makes sense when I look at my E2/T ratio.

What do you think about the docs suggestion?

Kind Regards

View attachment 31651Hey everyone. I recently had a saliva test made at a local alternative MD. The test came back pretty much as expected (See image). Low Cortisol, Low T, high E2, Low Progesterone.

Now the doc recommended starting with bioidentical progesterone creme and Hydro Cortisol (to support adrenal fatigue).

I am a little bit scared of progesterone as I red that it is a strong 5AR inhibitor. But as I have searched this thread for progesterone I actually only found good outcomes - no bad ones. And it supposedly functions as aromatase inhibitor, which would makes sense when I look at my E2/T ratio.

What do you think about the docs suggestion?

Kind Regards

I don't really understand why people call progesterone a 5AR inhibitor. It's a consumer of 5AR just like testosterone, so supplementing it might have some impact on DHT, but it's not like it's lowering total 5AR-reduced metabolites... unless there's some direct effect on production of the enzyme that I'm unaware of.

Cooper

Any news from the trials?

Has anyone else recovered lately?

Update guys, please.

Mister

Any news from the trials?

Has anyone else recovered lately?

Update guys, please.
Someone from the whatsapp group got better after 1 pill of 25mg proviron, got his libido, etc back (Libido and ED were his biggest problem he said). He wanted to do a long cycle but got scared of possible side effects so he quit after one pill. Luckily for him that was enough. He also said he raised his test levels the natural way before starting by lifting and herbs. Had PFS for 7 months and nothing helped him untill proviron. He also posted some bloodwork before he started proviron and he had very high test levels.

Let's hope his recovery sticks.

He also linked to Derek's article about PFS. Derek thinks proviron and test are key in recovery. Raise test as high as possible and then use proviron.

Also another guy in the group reporting strong improvements from HCG.

Last edited:
25 mg..? Sorry, but given the drug's crap oral bioavailability it's a little difficult to believe one small hit could have an enormous and lasting effect. I played with proviron a little bit last week and didn't feel anything. I do plan experimenting more, but I'm pretty skeptical now.

If you explained the basics of fin and PFS to a five year old, they'd suggest something like proviron lol. It's like the most common-sense therapy out there, and tons of sufferers have given it a shot. I'm not saying it can't be useful, but I feel like we'd know by now if it were the miracle cure Derek's making it out to be.

Mister

25 mg..? Sorry, but given the drug's crap oral bioavailability it's a little difficult to believe one small hit could have an enormous and lasting effect. I played with proviron a little bit last week and didn't feel anything. I do plan experimenting more, but I'm pretty skeptical now.
Well then how do you explain all of the PFS cases who got PFS after one or a couple of finasteride pills? One pill could be enough to destabilize your endocrine system, depends on the person and it's a complex issue. I also had personal contact with this person, he's completely legit also ask other people from the whatsapp group, I'm sure many following this thread are members too and will vouch for what I say.

If you explained the basics of fin and PFS to a five year old, they'd suggest something like proviron lol. It's like the most common-sense therapy out there, and tons of sufferers have given it a shot. I'm not saying it can't be useful, but I feel like we'd know by now if it were the miracle cure Derek's making it out to be.
So you haven't read the article then? He only recommends proviron if you still suffer from pfs when your hormones are at a good enough level. It's also no suprise that proviron doesn't work for many with PFS since most have low-"normal" hormone levels. Like Derek said, even a test level of 300ng/dl is considered "normal" for a 25 yo but of course in reality it's too low.

Also makes sense when looking at the more recent recovery from hackstasis. He did a short HCG cyle (boosts hormone levels) and after that he used proviron. Then he recovered completely and even felt better than before he took fina.

Last edited:
Well then how do you explain all of the PFS cases who got PFS after one or a couple of finasteride pills? One pill could be enough to destabilize your endocrine system, depends on the person and it's a complex issue. I also had personal contact with this person, he's completely legit also ask other people from the whatsapp group, I'm sure many following this thread are members too and will vouch for what I say.

I'm not saying it's impossible or necessarily untrue; I'm just not entirely convinced. And I didn't mean to imply that I think you or this guy is lying. I'm more leaning towards a psychological effect, which seems to be a lot more common in the pure sexual dysfunction crowd. In any case, I'm glad he's feeling better.

So you haven't read the article then? He only recommends proviron if you still suffer from pfs when your hormones are at a good enough level. It's also no suprise that proviron doesn't work for many with PFS since most have low-"normal" hormone levels. Like Derek said, even a test level of 300ng/dl is considered "normal" for a 25 yo but of course in reality it's too low.

Most? My impression is that most PFS sufferers have fairly healthy serum hormone levels. My T often measures off the top of the range.

Also makes sense when looking at the more recent recovery from hackstasis. He did a short HCG cyle (boosts hormone levels) and after that he used proviron. Then he recovered completely and even felt better than before he took fina.

Yeah. Certainly one of my takeaways from following these threads is that there are different PFS subtypes with probably distinct etiologies.

Cooper

Has anyone here, even temporarily be able to restore the genital sensitivity? Scrotum, penis and prostate\ bladder?

Call me crazy but after 7 years, i realized my numbness is on my whole lower body. Guys, it is worse than you think. Your brain gets used to it so quickly, being numb down there.
The whole nerve network around prostate gets some blockage and damage due to prostate being epigenetically altered. I realized i can't feel my pelvic floor muscles, gluteus muscles, inner thighs and the inner sides of my feet. Think about it if you are not sure, try to remember.

I sometimes smoke weed and on the contrary i can feel my numbness much more on weed, it made me to realize how numb my nerves are. There was this primal urge of nerve impulse on my whole penis when aroused before, and i could feel the whole erection process in my mind, warm blood with tingly, erotic sensations would rush in and it would create this combination with the mental libido. Pelvic floor muscles would connect and contract hard with numbness making my erections rockhard and sustainable, firm. There was this great sensation on glans and muscles around the penis before...

It was like... My penis had his own personality and existence, sensations before :lol: But now, if i get aroused, i can't even feel, it is even painful i would say. Getting erect and aroused feel painful and dry.... Its like the nerves totally shut themselves off. No more ''juicy flow of love and life'' rushing into my genitals...

Now, i can't even feel my penis getting erect without looking to it. No warm sensation inside the urethra and on the glans. I even remember feling very relaxed and there was this warm comfortable tingly nerve impulse after i urinate before PAS. (when i was a kid)
Now i can't even feel my bladder, penis, urethra even when urinating.

I hope someone will relate to this and maybe restored this fully before somehow? It must be heavenly lifechanging moment to regain all of these...

Luckily, i gave my years asking questions to recovered cases and they report everything ''comes back online'' after recovery. Including our JoeKool.

I just wanted to ask again, maybe someone can chime in with some experience and insight to this numbness and if it can came back 100% or not for them.

Somehow i think i can remember 7 years past, i can travel in time in my mind, yes you heard it right. I can remember exactly how should i feel, how my testicles should feel when aroused even, i can remember even the tiniest details. Because i reminded myself everyday how i felt before PAS, i never actually forget how great the sensations were before. So if something can be remembered, it can come back too.

I am on my way to order Mifepristone, i will update my state again.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals