Dopamine/Focus Enhancement Recommendations

Regina

Inosine directly destroys adrenaline. Thought I'd share it given how few supplements are out there that can do that.
http://www.jbc.org/content/241/20/4781.full.pdf
"...Increased destruction of epinephrine was observed, as shown in Table VII, with the following compounds: hypoxanthine, purine, adenosine, inosine, 5’-AMP, 5’-IMP, and RNA."

Inosine in concentrations of 50mcg/ml (185 uM/L) lowered adrenaline by 97% after 120min! This also led to up to 81% inhbition of adrenaline-stimulated lipolysis. To achieve this concentration, a person would need to ingest about 1g of inosine. It matches well with studied on protective effects of inosine on so many brain and stress-driven conditions, where the commonly used dose is 1g x 3 daily.
So, @Regina this is the study I had in mind when I mentioned inosine.
I was lousy tonight. Huffed and puffed through most of the class. I'll try divided doses tomorrow.

I'll be getting a fractured tooth out/implant in next thursday. Maybe I am suffering from endotoxin from this tooth accident. After that I'll dig into more blood work to try to get to the bottom of this endurance problem.

DaveFoster

@haidut

That's remarkable; 97% adrenaline is ridiculous. I have some inosine, but I haven't taken that much. It feels a bit like l-theanine, but a little less effective for sedation. It seems to drop blood sugar and make my feet cold (in line with it's anti-adrenaline effects.)
thank you!
what do you consider to be the causal mechanism in your mood disorder and how do you suppose mirtazepine is helping?
Childhood and adolescent trauma probably. Chronically high serotonin and adrenaline.

Stryker

speaking of adamantane..

ive tried a few courses of Bromantane and i like it alot. It may be good for anyone with anhedonia/ADD/ADHD

"Dopamine synthesis enhancement
Although it is frequently labeled as a psychostimulant, bromantane is distinct in its pharmacology and effects relative to typical psychostimulants, such as the phenethylamines (e.g., amphetamine and its derivatives) and their structural analogues (e.g., methylphenidate, cocaine, mesocarb, etc.). Whereas the latter directly act on the dopamine transporter to inhibit the reuptake and/or induce the release of dopamine, bromantane instead acts via indirect genomic mechanisms to produce a rapid, pronounced, and long-lasting upregulation in a variety of brain regions of the expression of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) and aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase (AAAD) (also known as DOPA decarboxylase), key enzymes in the dopamine biosynthesis pathway. For instance, a single dose of bromantane produces a 2- to 2.5-fold increase in TH expression in the rat hypothalamus 1.5- to 2-hours post-administration. The biosynthesis and release of dopamine subsequently increase in close correlation with TH and AAAD upregulation. Enhancement of dopaminergic neurotransmission is observed in the hypothalamus, striatum, ventral tegmental area, nucleus accumbens, and other regions. As such, the key mechanism of the pharmacological activity and psychostimulant effects of bromantane is activation of the de novo synthesis of dopamine via modulation of gene expression. In contrast, typical psychostimulants do not affect TH or AAAD expression and thus have no effect on dopamine biosynthesis."

" In any case, the lack of typical psychostimulant-like effects and adverse effects seen with bromantane supports the notion that it is not acting significantly as a monoamine reuptake inhibitor, but rather via enhancement of dopamine synthesis."

"Bromantane has been found to lower the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-6, IL-17 and IL-4 "

haidut

Forum Supporter
speaking of adamantane..

ive tried a few courses of Bromantane and i like it alot. It may be good for anyone with anhedonia/ADD/ADHD

Although it is frequently labeled as a psychostimulant, bromantane is distinct in its pharmacology and effects relative to typical psychostimulants, such as the phenethylamines (e.g., amphetamine and its derivatives) and their structural analogues (e.g., methylphenidate, cocaine, mesocarb, etc.). Whereas the latter directly act on the dopamine transporter to inhibit the reuptake and/or induce the release of dopamine, bromantane instead acts via indirect genomic mechanisms to produce a rapid, pronounced, and long-lasting upregulation in a variety of brain regions of the expression of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) and aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase (AAAD) (also known as DOPA decarboxylase), key enzymes in the dopamine biosynthesis pathway. For instance, a single dose of bromantane produces a 2- to 2.5-fold increase in TH expression in the rat hypothalamus 1.5- to 2-hours post-administration. The biosynthesis and release of dopamine subsequently increase in close correlation with TH and AAAD upregulation. Enhancement of dopaminergic neurotransmission is observed in the hypothalamus, striatum, ventral tegmental area, nucleus accumbens, and other regions. As such, the key mechanism of the pharmacological activity and psychostimulant effects of bromantane is activation of the de novo synthesis of dopamine via modulation of gene expression. In contrast, typical psychostimulants do not affect TH or AAAD expression and thus have no effect on dopamine biosynthesis."

" In any case, the lack of typical psychostimulant-like effects and adverse effects seen with bromantane supports the notion that it is not acting significantly as a monoamine reuptake inhibitor, but rather via enhancement of dopamine synthesis."

"Bromantane has been found to lower the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-6, IL-17 and IL-4 "

That is one of the key reasons I decided to release an adamantane supplement. Not many products on the market that can regulate TH so potently. So, combined with some tyrosine or BCAA/tyrosine combo this could very well be the most potent way to reverse learned helplessness and snap people out of the lull mentality (or desperation) into which the authoritarian system gets them.

Regina

I was lousy tonight. Huffed and puffed through most of the class. I'll try divided doses tomorrow.

I'll be getting a fractured tooth out/implant in next thursday. Maybe I am suffering from endotoxin from this tooth accident. After that I'll dig into more blood work to try to get to the bottom of this endurance problem.
From Ray's article on Alzheimer's and mortality, he says "Adenosine is structurally very similar to inosine.....It also appears to protect against the relative hyperventilation that wastes carbon dioxide, and endotoxin can interfere with its protective action."
The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 1

papaya

speaking of adamantane..

what dose did u take, what would be considered a course & did u order powder or pills? i have bad add & am thinking of trying this. it seems (from my 2 secs of research) that bromantane gives u energy & adamantane is more relaxing??? adam may be better for adhd while broma for add?

REOSIRENS

For dopamine I take tyrosine/phenylalanine copper with progesterone... Gives focus and motivation

CoconutEffect

@haidut

That's remarkable; 97% adrenaline is ridiculous. I have some inosine, but I haven't taken that much. It feels a bit like l-theanine, but a little less effective for sedation. It seems to drop blood sugar and make my feet cold (in line with it's anti-adrenaline effects.)
Childhood and adolescent trauma probably. Chronically high serotonin and adrenaline.
yes same, severly suboptimal homelife, deceit, infidelity, addiction, isolation - plus tempermental predisposition to bipolarity - highish IQ (like most here) and very high in trait openness (like most here) - and then overdosing Paxil shot up prolactin, probably serotonin and now struggle very severly with mood regulation and sleep/wake cycles.

Why 1 mg of mirtazepine? Did you come to this dose by trial and error ?
Any luck with Tianeptine? I have sporadic success with it, and never for more than a couple days.

I know @mujuro does well with a low dose of Quetiapine. Waking in the morning has been the most difficult thing and I'm concerned any additional sedation will make it nearly impossible. But maybe not with these low doses?

@haidut looking forward to
Adamatane as I do well with amphetamines, but the mood swings are too much for me to handle.
Adamantane topically, do you suspect that will be better than say memantine orally?

DaveFoster

yes same, severly suboptimal homelife, deceit, infidelity, addiction, isolation - plus tempermental predisposition to bipolarity - highish IQ (like most here) and very high in trait openness (like most here) - and then overdosing Paxil shot up prolactin, probably serotonin and now struggle very severly with mood regulation and sleep/wake cycles.

Why 1 mg of mirtazepine? Did you come to this dose by trial and error ?
Any luck with Tianeptine? I have sporadic success with it, and never for more than a couple days.

I know @mujuro does well with a low dose of Quetiapine. Waking in the morning has been the most difficult thing and I'm concerned any additional sedation will make it nearly impossible. But maybe not with these low doses?

@haidut looking forward to
Adamatane as I do well with amphetamines, but the mood swings are too much for me to handle.
Adamantane topically, do you suspect that will be better than say memantine orally?
Too much mirtazapine causes tachycardia. I actually use mirtazapine for its sedative effects, and I use coffee as well. Coffee + mirtazapine is a wonderful combo; Ray recommends both for depression (anti-serotonin drugs.)

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut any word as to when today it will be up? Excited to order & Stack with Metergoline.

It will have to wait until Monday. Sorry for the delay but I am out of town. It is already bottled, so if you want you can place a bottle for something like Gonadin (as it would be the same price) and leave a message you want the adamantane supplement. It will ship today but the official release on the forum will be on Monday.

stressucks

Inosine lowering adrenaline... I have excess adrenaline issues from exercise. What's a good Inosine source?

bdawg

That is one of the key reasons I decided to release an adamantane supplement. Not many products on the market that can regulate TH so potently. So, combined with some tyrosine or BCAA/tyrosine combo this could very well be the most potent way to reverse learned helplessness and snap people out of the lull mentality (or desperation) into which the authoritarian system gets them.

as a sufferer of adult ADHD I thank you... cannot wait

Regina

I'm still on my inosine experiment.
I did maybe about 800mg of inosine powder before aikido training this evening.

I had a very distinct LACK of breathlessness. Like, "why aren't I bent over sucking air?" ??????
Also noted was I felt content, mildly happy and fearless during the whole class. I even got a bit injured (yucky elbow lock) and that didn't mess with my head. I didn't stay in that moment. Feels fine now.

Caveat: have also just finished a course of antibiotics.
I did 10 drops of Diamant and 4 drops Pansterone earlier in the day.

milk_lover

I'm still on my inosine experiment.
I did maybe about 800mg of inosine powder before aikido training this evening.

I had a very distinct LACK of breathlessness. Like, "why aren't I bent over sucking air?" ??????
Also noted was I felt content, mildly happy and fearless during the whole class. I even got a bit injured (yucky elbow lock) and that didn't mess with my head. I didn't stay in that moment. Feels fine now.

Caveat: have also just finished a course of antibiotics.
I did 10 drops of Diamant and 4 drops Pansterone earlier in the day.
lol Regina sometimes when I read ur posts, I countdown until I see the word "aikido". It seems you enjoy it too much!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals