Dopamine/Focus Enhancement Recommendations

Jsaute21

All,

I am for the most part in a good place for this topic with the exception of dry work tasks. I definitely struggled with ADD/ADHD when i was young, but have out grown some of it. Sitting down & focusing can be difficult for me, when the task is not interesting.

Which aids do we feel are the best at improving this issue? I grew up on ADD Meds from 13-18 but haven't really used them since. I just started 5ADHP & Pansterone, both in moderation. Any other recommendations would be welcomed.

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
J

Jsaute21

Thanks, Haidut. I will look into both. To save me some time - do you sell any of these drugs through idealabs?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks, Haidut. I will look into both. To save me some time - do you sell any of these drugs through idealabs?

Well, I am about to release the original substance they are all based on as a supplement - adamantane :):
Should be available by this Friday.

CoconutEffect

Well, I am about to release the original substance they are all based on as a supplement - adamantane :)
Should be available by this Friday.
@haidut Exciting! There are anecdotal reports of memantine reducing and reversing tolerance to opiates, amphetamines and even benzodiazepines. I recently started memantine to combat Klonopin tolerance, it's the only mood stabilizer that makes a dent in my bipolar depression. Are you aware of any tolerance mitiagtion with adamantane to any of those classes of medications? If not, is it plausible? Also, what makes it different/superior to memantine?
Thanks!

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Exciting! There are anecdotal reports of memantine reducing and reversing tolerance to opiates, amphetamines and even benzodiazepines. I recently started memantine to combat Klonopin tolerance, it's the only mood stabilizer that makes a dent in my bipolar depression. Are you aware of any tolerance mitiagtion with adamantane to any of those classes of medications? If not, is it plausible? Also, what makes it different/superior to memantine?
Thanks!

Adamantane is the original chemical and core structure of all other drugs like amantadine, memantine, rimantadine, etc. Those drugs are actually just an adamantane with an extra amino group to make it "more stable" and patentable. I am not aware of any tolerance effects with the adamantane or its derivatives, otherwise it would not have been useful for conditions like Parkinson.

kayumochi

Microdosing psilocybin mushrooms seems to be a thing these days among those who aim to be productive. I've done mushrooms a number of times but never tried microdosing.

DaveFoster

Depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and ADHD all can lead to the same functional symptoms.

@Jsaute21

Personally, mirtazapine helps me and keeping blood sugar stable. If it's uninteresting, then it's natural to feel like you have no interest in the material by definition. Gabergic drugs, anticholinergic drugs, antiserotonin drugs, and dopaminergic drugs can all be helpful for ADHD. Anything that lowers adrenaline will reduce hyperactivity; anything that lowers cortisol will improve attention span and limit incessant pleasure-seeking.

Progesterone is good for easing restlessness and anxiety.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and ADHD all can lead to the same functional symptoms.

@Jsaute21

Personally, mirtazapine helps me and keeping blood sugar stable. If it's uninteresting, then it's natural to feel like you have no interest in the material by definition. Gabergic drugs, anticholinergic drugs, antiserotonin drugs, and dopaminergic drugs can all be helpful for ADHD. Anything that lowers adrenaline will reduce hyperactivity; anything that lowers cortisol will improve attention span and limit incessant pleasure-seeking.

Inosine directly destroys adrenaline. Thought I'd share it given how few supplements are out there that can do that.
http://www.jbc.org/content/241/20/4781.full.pdf
"...Increased destruction of epinephrine was observed, as shown in Table VII, with the following compounds: hypoxanthine, purine, adenosine, inosine, 5’-AMP, 5’-IMP, and RNA."

Inosine in concentrations of 50mcg/ml (185 uM/L) lowered adrenaline by 97% after 120min! This also led to up to 81% inhbition of adrenaline-stimulated lipolysis. To achieve this concentration, a person would need to ingest about 1g of inosine. It matches well with studied on protective effects of inosine on so many brain and stress-driven conditions, where the commonly used dose is 1g x 3 daily.
So, @Regina this is the study I had in mind when I mentioned inosine.

OP
J

Jsaute21

@DaveFoster as always, sound points. I like my job a lot. Unfortunately, there are days which result in me having some very uninteresting tasks to deal with. Due to having a naturally active imagination, my ADD/ADHD can take over when this is the case. I do very well with deadlines and active tasks that interest me.

I also have mentioned in other posts how i have some decently bothersome joint pain in my legs recently. My upper body feels great, and my strength is fairly high. I mention this because when i take ADD medication, i feel extremely explosive and limber in my joints/legs. I know @Stryker found this interesting and even agreed to the dopamine/joint connection. Obviously, all of this is related to being in a reasonably low metabolism state. Since, finding Peat my health (both mental & physical) have steadily improved. I was running on stress hormones for years.

It seems as if Haidut's Adamantane seems to definitely be worth a try. I will order as soon as i can. I should say that Pansterone & 5ADHP have been positive overall, but are subtle in their effects as i don't think my hormones were in a dire place. One of the reasons i really trust Haidut's supplements, most effects are subtle. If they were too strong, i would be wary.

CoconutEffect

Inosine directly destroys adrenaline. Thought I'd share it given how few supplements are out there that can do that.
"...Increased destruction of epinephrine was observed, as shown in Table VII, with the following compounds: hypoxanthine, purine, adenosine, inosine, 5’-AMP, 5’-IMP, and RNA."

Inosine in concentrations of 50mcg/ml (185 uM/L) lowered adrenaline by 97% after 120min! This also led to up to 81% inhbition of adrenaline-stimulated lipolysis. To achieve this concentration, a person would need to ingest about 1g of inosine. It matches well with studied on protective effects of inosine on so many brain and stress-driven conditions, where the commonly used dose is 1g x 3 daily.
@haidut are you still planning to release an inosine supplement?

CoconutEffect

@Jsaute21
@DaveFoster

Any side effects with Mirtazapine? What dose do you take? Have you ever come off it and dealt with a discontinuation syndrome?

Regina

Oh fabulous Haidut! Thanks so much!
I used about 1 gram yesterday in the afternoon before training at 6:30p. No huff n puff during class. Plenty more testing needed though.
It wasn't the most intense class but there were two instances where I would have expected myself to tilt (like a pinball machine). I chose a known (to me anyway) psychopath for a big throw technique. I know I can control this particular technique no matter what the thrower does. I just used it to practice my break falls. I bowed to him and he raised his eyebrows and smirked that I chose him. We walked to the mat area to start and he mutters menacingly, "ya ready to get out of breath?" He knows he psyches me out but not this time. I just did one self-controlled fall after another irregardless of his lame aikido. No gasping or duress at all.
2nd instance, the instructor called me to demo the next technique. I usually get anxiety when I am on display. This instructor is a little rough and his aikido is crude. He only threw and pinned me 4 times. Kinda rough pins but nothing to cause me to tilt or huff n puff.
The rest of the class was gentle.
So, giving inosine another shot this afternoon.
Thank you!

haidut

Forum Supporter

DaveFoster

Any side effects with Mirtazapine? What dose do you take? Have you ever come off it and dealt with a discontinuation syndrome?
Not really; orthostatic hypotension, but that was transient. I take around 1 mg. Yeah; I'll get withdrawals if I come off it, although I'd have problems even after the withdrawal passes because of depression and anxiety.

CoconutEffect

Not really; orthostatic hypotension, but that was transient. I take around 1 mg. Yeah; I'll get withdrawals if I come off it, although I'd have problems even after the withdrawal passes because of depression and anxiety.
thank you!
what do you consider to be the causal mechanism in your mood disorder and how do you suppose mirtazepine is helping?

OP
J

Jsaute21

@haidut could you do your best to describe the effects of Amantadine? It looks relatively harmless, i am just looking for some specifics on how one mentally feels on it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut could you do your best to describe the effects of Amantadine? It looks relatively harmless, i am just looking for some specifics on how one mentally feels on it.
Like I said before, NMDA antagonist, dopamine transporter inhibitor, HDAC inhibitor, cortisol inhibitor, lowers serotonin. I can't describe the subjective effects, you have to try something like memantine or amantadine to see how it works. Adamantane gave me the same effects as memantine in the same doses (30mg once daily).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals