Dapoxetine makes me feel normal

Clavius78

To combat life-long, and increasingly worsening, lack of ejaculatory control I decided to try dapoxetine 60mg. I've tried all the methods without pills for years. Start/stop, creams, doing math, kegels, reverse kegels and what not. But I'm fed up now. If I couldn't teach myself by the time now that I'm 40, then I probably will never learn.

It worked exactly as advertised and I'll spare you the details of that bit.
  1. First important thing that I noticed: all the above mentioned methods now suddenly did work. So the methods work fine, but something else was blocking me from achieving success.
  2. And secondly: it also opened eyes to a much greater issue. That single dose made me feel so calm and clear. It really showed me that my baseline level of anxiety is really very high. Which is one of the major factors in premature ejaculation of course. Normally I'm always very anxious and nervous, but now I realize just how much. Even when I'm resting. Even when I've had alcohol. But after dapoxetine I felt so "normal". I've read that dapoxetine usually lowers libido a bit, but mine went up by a great deal. Probably by the calmed anxiety. It lasted until the evening of the next day. My day at the office was absolutely great, there was little to no anxiety. I was very confident even and because of that there was also zero procrastination. There were no barriers for me to overcome before I could pick up tasks. If I could be in such a state perpetually then I would certainly even enjoy working again! If it was sustainable then I would take this stuff constantly.

Dapoxetine is a short acting SSRI. Does this mean my serotonine levels are normally to low? Or does it have this effect on everybody? Should I be looking to raise my serotonine levels constantly/permanently? How should I go about that?

Can anybody say something intelligent about this please? My constant anxious state is probably going to take decades of my life.

dukesbobby777

It’s the mystery of the serotonin receptors. It’s very complex with the autoreceptors and whatnot. I don’t think anyone will have a concrete answer. I noticed when I used to take micro doses of escitalopram that it would make me last forever. There was basically a sweet spot with it. Too much caused sexual dysfunction. Too little (a few crumbs) had little effect. I think it was like 0.625mg-1.25mg I was taking. But taking it everyday just caused worse depression and anhedonia in the long term. They are really strong drugs.

OP
C

Clavius78

It’s the mystery of the serotonin receptors. It’s very complex with the autoreceptors and whatnot. I don’t think anyone will have a concrete answer. I noticed when I used to take micro doses of escitalopram that it would make me last forever. There was basically a sweet spot with it. Too much caused sexual dysfunction. Too little (a few crumbs) had little effect. I think it was like 0.625mg-1.25mg I was taking. But taking it everyday just caused worse depression and anhedonia in the long term. They are really strong drugs.
Thanks for your comment.

Yes, that is why I don't want to rush in there and see this as the answer to all my problems. It would be easy to get something similar to dapoxetine, like paxil, prescribed to me. Doctors hand out this type of meds like candy. I want to know what this means and see if there is any natural thing that I can take or do that would also fix the issue.

miquelangeles

Another issue with SSRIs is that when used for anxiety/depression the relapse rate is very high after 3-4 months when you would need to raise the dosage or even a higher dosage wouldn't work.
A decade ago I've been on a tricyclic for 6 months and my dr. was against SSRIs.
Ray spoke favorably about tricyclics as being much safer than SSRIs. (Although they are not without side effects)
Cyproheptadine is also a tricyclic.
Among tricyclics, the drug of choice for PE is clomipramine (brand name Anafranil) you might want to look into that as well.

LeeLemonoil

Same experience with Citalopram. 10-12.5mg.

Sometimes I used it for this purpose exactly, to last very Long in bed. But it’s years ago when I was so infatuated with the wife. Don’t do it anymore and maybe did it 30 times all in all. Always very wary of SSRIs

LeeLemonoil

Same experience with Citalopram. 10-12.5mg.

Sometimes I used it for this purpose exactly, to last very Long in bed. But it’s years ago when I was so infatuated with the wife. Don’t do it anymore and maybe did it 30 times all in all. Always very wary of SSRIs
Correction: Sertralin, not Citalopram.

Sampa

Good to know that it works so fine for you. In fact, around 70% of men that try dapoxetine give up due to side effects. The fast serotonin rush feels horrible.
Unfortunately, this on demand strategies,in most cases the sides don't worth worth the benefits. (maybe some tramadol worth)

OP
C

Clavius78

Good to know that it works so fine for you. In fact, around 70% of men that try dapoxetine give up due to side effects. The fast serotonin rush feels horrible.
Unfortunately, this on demand strategies,in most cases the sides don't worth worth the benefits. (maybe some tramadol worth)
Wel actually, it suddenly just stopped working completely. It helped me at least 20 times, but now the last 5 times it did nothing at all. It no longer helps me with my premature ejaculation. And it no longer makes me feel 'normal' as I described in my opening post. I also don't have the usual hangover the next day anymore. I have no idea what's going on.

Last edited:

Sampa

Wel actually, it suddenly just stopped working completely. It helped me at least 20 times, but now the last 5 times it did nothing at all. It no longer helps me with my premature ejaculation. And it no longer makes me feel 'normal' as I described in my opening post. I also don't have the usual hangover the next day anymore. I have no idea what's going on.
How are you now?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals