Well I Got Some Good News And Something To Work With Now

OP
T

troubledtimes

Have you tried activated charcoal before?
It's still the excess serotonin that's involved in panic. Have you tried a 5-HT1A agonist, such as zinc perhaps?

Perhaps by increasing noradrenaline too much. The dopamine itself can also be converted to noradrenaline in the presence of excess copper, and the noradrenaline can then be overly converted to adrenaline in overmethylators.

i have never heard about active charcoal what is that about? i tried 2 days off of my effexor and it did make me worse. i was more twitchy and basically freeking out. so now im back taking it. wouldnt a 5-HT1A agonist only make more seratonin tho? and lead to more issues? or is an agonist something that blocks seratonin? i might have the definition of agonist wrong. i do have brittle hair and skin zinc might me something to try or just go gong ho and try t3 supplimenting but thats going to be hard to convince a doctor. my first ssri did work and helped mood alot. its hard to say and figure out if to much seratonin in my case is the problem. over time my body and brain im sure gets used to the effexor and stops making synapes and dendrites to compensate for the the SSRI adding to your body. so eventually its a matter of time until an ssri stops working or you have to up the dose. i did try zoloft months back for 4 weeks and honestly it did help a little. i stopped it tho to try some natural alternatives without much luck. but if the anti anxiety and anti depression effect is from pregnenlone in the antidepressants than shouldnt i be able to suppliment with just pregnenlone 50 mgs and it basically working just like an SSRI? maybe doing the opposite like taking wellbutrin would be the answer for me? maybe thats the area of my brain that needs addressing...

Hans

Forum Supporter
i have never heard about active charcoal what is that about?
Activated charcoal binds to toxins, including serotonin, in the gut and can greatly help to reduce anxiety.
wouldnt a 5-HT1A agonist only make more seratonin tho? and lead to more issues? or is an agonist something that blocks seratonin? i might have the definition of agonist wrong.
Activation of the 5-HT1A receptor lowers serotonin as the presynaptic 5-HT1A receptor is the auto-receptor.
With pregnenolone, you mean allopregnanolone? You can take 5a-DHP from idealabs, which will convert to allopregnanolone and basically have the same effect. Or you can try pregnenolone and/or progesterone by themselves.

lampofred

You should go to raypeat.com/articles and take your time and read through all of the articles that seem like they might be relevant to you. Raising testosterone isn't easy, it requires a whole lifestyle change. Everything affects testosterone, including diet/thyroid/supplements, but also your job, your activities, your environment, the people you spend time with, etc. Testosterone is a measure of how satisfied you are with life.

I think liver, oysters, eggs (for fat-soluble vitamins and zinc), milk, cheese, fruit (for sugar and calcium), salt (to raise metabolic rate) are the most important things diet-wise for raising T, along with avoiding PUFA and getting enough protein. Thyroid, vit D, aspirin, gelatin, maybe pregnenolone are the most important supplements. Moving to a high altitude is a better environment. But really the most important thing is your day-to-day life, because the chronic stress of living a lie really lowers T.

OP
T

troubledtimes

Activated charcoal binds to toxins, including serotonin, in the gut and can greatly help to reduce anxiety.

Activation of the 5-HT1A receptor lowers serotonin as the presynaptic 5-HT1A receptor is the auto-receptor.
With pregnenolone, you mean allopregnanolone? You can take 5a-DHP from idealabs, which will convert to allopregnanolone and basically have the same effect. Or you can try pregnenolone and/or progesterone by themselves.

its not allopregnenolone. i just have pregnenolone 50mgs and its by eurovital nutraceuticals is this good enough? i also have DHEA and dont know if taking 10- 50 mgs of that would help anything.