Afraid of taking prescription tianeptine

HealingBoy

Hello,

Just some context (go down for the tianeptine part) : I lost lot of money on cryptos in december. I had to find a job very quickly, in a field that I don't enjoy anymore (IT) to pay debts and give back money to friends, brother, banks. I really thought I would NEVER EVER go back to an office, working long hours for doing meaningless things. Financial security is critical for me. On February 14th, I started this job and on the same day, my girlfriend asked for a break and then a break-up ensued. On Valentine day, ironic isn't it. The stress and anxiety was huge, I felt completely abandoned to my fate, even though I have been supported by friends and family. I was crying almost everyday, strongly and in total despair. I suddenly became a strong believer, you can guess...

Today, I try to keep myself as busy as possible, even though it's a kind of escape. I'm still emotional. The pleasure is not always there but at least I'm active. Though, I'm not that motivated to pratice arts and continue my training in hypnosis. I don't find much meaning and pleasure in anything. I still dream about making big money through crypto, once I build a good stack to invest. The only things that calm me now are being constantly with friends, people, relationship with a girl. Otherwise, I feel isolated.

The tianeptine part

In despair, I saw a psychiatrist and asked him for tianeptine because I thought it would be very helpful for my stressing life, since childhood. He prescribed it to me while saying I didn't need it and that my anxiety was only the result of my catastrophizing and maladapted mental. 12.5 mg x3 / day. I'm afraid of taking it now. So many stories about addiction and side effects. I'm anxious about being anxious because last time I took one tianeptine pill in the morning, I got pretty bad anxiety in the evening, and took me 3 4 days to recover. I had bouts of anxiety for at least a month. Just from one pill.

I was thinking about "microdosing" tianeptine : breaking the pills so I get 6 mg and see how I react over the day. But still I'm afraid.

I'm exhausted of being afraid of life. I don't know what to do. I'm starting to lose hope.

Last edited:

daphne134

Hello, I just came across this, surprised no one answered. What did you decide to do? I would give it a try.

I find with anything affecting the brain (aa's etc) the response is very individual and the only way to know is try. Was there an external cause for the anxiety when you took that one dose?

It's said tianeptine is the most mild psychotropic. I envy your prescription, wish I knew where to get one.

Kudos for getting white-collar employment, not everyone can do so fast, and having a trade people want to hire you for is a form of financial security.

Hope you're doing better.

PeskyPeater

Hello,

Just some context (go down for the tianeptine part) : I lost lot of money on cryptos in december. I had to find a job very quickly, in a field that I don't enjoy anymore (IT) to pay debts and give back money to friends, brother, banks. I really thought I would NEVER EVER go back to an office, working long hours for doing meaningless things. Financial security is critical for me. On February 14th, I started this job and on the same day, my girlfriend asked for a break and then a break-up ensued. On Valentine day, ironic isn't it. The stress and anxiety was huge, I felt completely abandoned to my fate, even though I have been supported by friends and family. I was crying almost everyday, strongly and in total despair. I suddenly became a strong believer, you can guess...

Today, I try to keep myself as busy as possible, even though it's a kind of escape. I'm still emotional. The pleasure is not always there but at least I'm active. Though, I'm not that motivated to pratice arts and continue my training in hypnosis. I don't find much meaning and pleasure in anything. I still dream about making big money through crypto, once I build a good stack to invest. The only things that calm me now are being constantly with friends, people, relationship with a girl. Otherwise, I feel isolated.

The tianeptine part

In despair, I saw a psychiatrist and asked him for tianeptine because I thought it would be very helpful for my stressing life, since childhood. He prescribed it to me while saying I didn't need it and that my anxiety was only the result of my catastrophizing and maladapted mental. 12.5 mg x3 / day. I'm afraid of taking it now. So many stories about addiction and side effects. I'm anxious about being anxious because last time I took one tianeptine pill in the morning, I got pretty bad anxiety in the evening, and took me 3 4 days to recover. I had bouts of anxiety for at least a month. Just from one pill.

I was thinking about "microdosing" tianeptine : breaking the pills so I get 6 mg and see how I react over the day. But still I'm afraid.

I'm exhausted of being afraid of life. I don't know what to do. I'm starting to lose hope.
I took it but I came from SSRI and got major side effects. then not recommend. but otherwise its fine.

12.5mg 3x per day is fine. Addiction only comes from high dose 100mg+. don't have to worry about addiction, it does not make you crave for more at 12.5 mg.

the half life is short, it is quickly eliminated from the blood, so you should take it 3x per day as advised. when it wears out, you can get anxiety.

Maybe you should have used Ichimoku Kinko Hyo for trading :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals