The Linden Method/ Amygdala & Stress Reset

scarlettsmum

I think this is part of the trouble too. We live in a world where many things are organised in ways that threaten and harm people. This is stressful all round.

Tension, Stress and Trauma Release : TRE®

This technique looks like it could make useful difference when we get anxious because a button got pushed on something from the past, but not necessarily when the cause of the problem is happening now.

Yeah. It's just not always easy to tell which is which on everything.

Thanks Tara, will look into TRE.

Xisca

Would have been great to read more about this method.... Basically this is not wrong when he says "What Charles is essentially saying in TLM is this: your anxiety and stress/worry is caused by your body's fight or flight response becoming re-set at a higher than normal level, like a thermostat that's stuck wayyy too high. As such, anxiety is a behaviour! It's behaviour exhibited when your anxiety level is stuck at an inappropriate level. It's not a mental illness! It's a friggin' bad habbit perpetuated by YOU! "
Actually, the undischarged activations are what makes come out anxiety or panic attacks with very small triggers in the present.
We do perpetuate this, but not consciously.

TRE is making the discharge happen by doing some exercice that trigger the stress in the poas muscle especially. I have done the exercices and it produces the effect. The discharge comes with trembling.
We do the same in somatic experiencing, but by using the personal stress that is inside, so it is more focussed.
You can be stressed by just one aspect of an old trauma, and not by others.
The advantage of TRE is the autonomy to do it by just buying the book.
I am lazy in doing TRE exercises because it is boring for me to do this for half an hour before reaching the discharge, and because I have other tools at hand (and MY hand, as I have done the SE course).
We talk about TRE among SE practitioners, and they agree that it is a good method, just that it does not go as deep and as precise as SE. There is also a method called TIPI that work on the same basis.
some people also got discharge with trembling in shiatsu etc.
You just need to be in good hands so that you are not overwhelmed (leading to more freeze response...)

1st of all, never get afraid of shaking!
It is the natural process that we have shut down as thinking superior humans,
and that was the biggest error ever.

tara

1st of all, never get afraid of shaking!
It is the natural process that we have shut down as thinking superior humans,
and that was the biggest error ever.
+1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals