Think I've Found The Cause Of My Premature Ejaculation!

Frankdee20

PC muscles are definitely the dominating factor for me. Now that I’m aware of the issue, things have improved, as I consciously attempt to control them. However, they do still tighten involuntarily for me, and that causes PE at times. Reverse kegels during sex/masturbation helps a lot to delay ejaculation, and I also do stretches to relieve tension in the pelvic floor. I’d recommended searching YouTube. There are plenty of yoga stretches on there.

So a reverse kegel is basically like pushing out urine instead of holding it ?

Frankdee20

Ok I figured it out, I know what caused this for me ...

Frankdee20

Would you mind sharing?

Well damn, I don’t want to jinx myself, but I cannot believe it..... for many years I have had the issue of Premature Ejaculation (even being drunk didn’t help it)..... Now, for the past 2 years I have been taking magnesium and a clear deficiency of magnesium existed... it takes a long time to correct such things, but ultimately, shoulder dyskinesia and muscle tension and winged scapulas have corrected themselves... clear clear evidence for me that magnesium was working..... my theory is a good one..... maybe the pelvic floor muscles were also in a state of muscle tension, and the slightest stimulation would cause me to release ejaculation.... I’m guessing the magnesium has corrected this muscle imbalance as well.... I have almost miraculously and seemingly overnight, made major major improvements in my ability to penetrate without feeling an immediate need to bust a nut.... my latency time has significantly improved and there’s times I can’t even ejaculate from intercourse (after like 4 or 5 rounds of sex of course, when I’m basically empty).... Ironically though, I knew I was capable because this problem only began to occur in my 20s after major nervous system imbalance.... I never had this issue as a young adult ..

Frankdee20

I really used to think it was the nerves in my penis that were fried, but it truly has to be simple pelvic floor muscle tension all those years .... stretches and exercises aren’t enough.... magnesium is required to keep the muscle from spasm, and calcium will contract them... magnesium is a real calcium channel blocker indeed

Frankdee20

It might also have been increased histamine, and taking zinc and doxylamine for sleep at night probably lowered my histamine

Frankdee20

Nice!!
How much magnesium you take and in what form?

Over the course of 2 years, I have used virtually every oral version at various doses... I currently can go as high as one gram to 1500 MG.... I don’t like plain citrate as that will cause diarrhea..... Plain Oxide can do this also.... I prefer mixed versions in one product, and my favorite is by Vital Nutrients - Triple Mag.... It’s 250 Mg per capsule as Oxide, Malate, Glycinate ....

Frankdee20

I’ve also grown accustomed to the strong NMDA blockade, this was a problem early on, and made me feel dopey.... it’s amazing how high ones tolerance can go when they need this mineral

redsun

I’ve also grown accustomed to the strong NMDA blockade, this was a problem early on, and made me feel dopey.... it’s amazing how high ones tolerance can go when they need this mineral

I also get delayed ejaculation from taking too much zinc supp. Excess noradrenaline probably causing PE, lowering it (which magnesium does, though I am not familiar with the mechanism) would fix it and looks like it did in your case.

The Copper-Enzyme Dopamine Beta-Monooxygenase: Studies on the Ability of Several Metals to Inhibit the Enzyme Activity and to Replace the Copper - PubMed

Magnesium Inhibits Norepinephrine Release by Blocking N-type Calcium Channels at Peripheral Sympathetic Nerve Endings - PubMed

So for others looking at this thread, consider either zinc or magnesium to deal with PE. Try one preferably at a time that way you know exactly what is doing it though they both may help in their own way.

Frankdee20

I also get delayed ejaculation from taking too much zinc supp. Excess noradrenaline probably causing PE, lowering it (which magnesium does, though I am not familiar with the mechanism) would fix it and looks like it did in your case.

The Copper-Enzyme Dopamine Beta-Monooxygenase: Studies on the Ability of Several Metals to Inhibit the Enzyme Activity and to Replace the Copper - PubMed

Magnesium Inhibits Norepinephrine Release by Blocking N-type Calcium Channels at Peripheral Sympathetic Nerve Endings - PubMed

So for others looking at this thread, consider either zinc or magnesium to deal with PE. Try one preferably at a time that way you know exactly what is doing it though they both may help in their own way.

Mind you, this magnesium thing, if I’m correct, didn’t work overnight.... I think it took a long time for the tight pelvic floor muscles to end up getting their magnesium

brix

Mind you, this magnesium thing, if I’m correct, didn’t work overnight.... I think it took a long time for the tight pelvic floor muscles to end up getting their magnesium

Maybe applying some magnesium oil down there could help.

Frankdee20

Maybe applying some magnesium oil down there could help.

That’s a good idea if the issue is tight pelvic floor, and a good way to get faster more direct results...I personally never used a topical magnesium, but others may be more comfortable with the idea....

@Frankdee20
Don't know if you have ever tried Magnesium Chloride flakes in a bath, hugely relaxing IMO, after which I shower off the Magnesium and wash as normal, huge congrats on overcoming PE :happy:
I like Zinc Acetate personally, in a lozenge form.

baudoman

+1 on Magnesium supplementation. A good source is Tri-salts, where you can just mix it into water as needed, instead of having to swallow capsules all the time:

+1 on Gelatin as well. Also described in this thread:

Frankdee20

Yes, because if larger muscles are deficient, they get magnesium first. It took me three years to correct my imbalance

Jib

Yes, because if larger muscles are deficient, they get magnesium first. It took me three years to correct my imbalance

Good to know. I've been doing topical magnesium exclusively but only started a month ago or so.

Also been doing zinc, 30 to 60mg a day, and potassium gluconate, 1/2 teaspoon 3 to 4 times a day (210mg of potassium per 1/2 tsp of powder). And 300mg potassium chloride a couple times a day.

The magnesium in particular seems critical. I may try oral but in the past have always gotten diarrhea even from the smallest amounts. No matter if it was malate, glycine, taurate, or anything else.

I use the magahol recipe which is just MgCl dissolved in alcohol. I apply a little coconut oil after or homemade lotion I make with hydrogenated coconut oil, lanolin and beeswax.

It may take a very long time for balance to be restored. Good to know. I was planning on at least several years. Before my medication injury that gave me this problem. Ejaculation control was a no Brainer.

Been trying reverse kegels for a couple years with no real results. Magnesium may be where it's at. I'd include other minerals as well such as potassium which is likely a very common deficiency, and of course potential calcium excess.

I've been much calmer in any case, and sleeping better, since drastically cutting back on dairy and using topical magnesium daily.

Jib

Update: I'm using Mag-a-Hol (1 cup MgCl dissolved in 1/2 cup grain alcohol + 1/2 cup filtered water), but a few days ago decided to start applying it to the perineum.

I rub on a little MCT oil to prevent any potential stinging sensations after rubbing on the Mag-a-Hol. I'm doing about 40 sprays a day, sometimes even more, all over my body, but never thought to try it on the perineum until this thread.

Not sure if topically applying directly to the area will help, but it would seem so, based on the fact that I have bad knees and the topical magnesium always seems to help them feel better. I'm hoping that regular application to the perineum will help speed this process along.

Fits right in line with "involuntary kegels." I've found when masturbating that I have an extreme case of "involuntary kegels," and this only intensifies even more during actual sex. The PC muscle starts contracting violently no matter how hard I try to do a reverse kegel and it seems impossible to calm down. This is a neurological issue from the Brexpiprazole damage, I'm sure of it. But hoping the magnesium can help calm these muscles down over time, even if it takes years as it did the OP.

Feeling more hopeful these days. Thanks again for sharing this information.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals