Preventing Nocturnal Emissions

Hi,

I am having very frequent nocturnal emissions. By very frequent, I mean roughly every other day(sometimes a bit less). I am looking for methods to prevent this from occurring. Interestingly, this spring, especially early spring, I was able to go two weeks without a nocturnal emission a few times, despite having much less regular bedtimes, and practicing less meditation.
Methods I have already come across, and practice somewhat:

-Limiting fluid intake before bed
-Regular bedtimes, going to bed relatively early(around 22:00)
-No masturbation at all
-Keeping the bedroom at a reasonable temperature
-Male deer exercise
-Reverse kegels
-Attempting to not engage with lustful thoughts
-Meditation practice, I tend to do a mix of self inquiry and awareness of awareness
-Inversion, handstands

My main question is, what is the biological basis for very frequent nocturnal emissions? How would I go about fixing this? I am getting the impression they are more frequent with a high serotonin/low dopamine state, but I am not fully sure of this. Anyone know anything about the physiology of nocturnal emissions?

I notice a clear increase in overall vitality the longer I go without ejaculating, the best I've felt was when I reached two weeks earlier this year.

Thank you!

Nocturnal emissions (aka wet-dreams aka orgasms-while-we're-sleeping) can be a sign of a healthy and optimally functioning sex drive. It's the low serotonin and normal/high dopamine state that produces a strong sex drive which can result in nightly orgasms. This isn't something you want to suppress.

The fact that you were able to go two weeks without nightly orgasms while you had irregular bed times shows that the cause was most likely a disruption in your circadian rhythm and thus your testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, serotonin production i.e. lowered dopamine and higher serotonin.

If you want to reduce the episodes, have more sex before bedtime.

Entropy

Probably due to a build up of reproductive fluid throughout the period of sustaining.

I would stop the male deer exercise since physical stimulation creates fluid..

It's easier to have nocturnal emissions once the fluid is built up sitting there waiting.

I mean it's hard not to build reproductive fluid living in todays society, we are bombarded with lust, this is one of the main driving forces for consumerism in western society.

Anyways, just being around females without even particularly thinking sexual thoughts about them creates generative fluid just through energy polarities, and your body chemistry reacting.

I'm assuming your dreams are lustful when you get NE, try sleeping on your side for better control. Although that's not 100% "safe", I find nocturnal emissions less frequent sleeping on my side.

Cayenne pepper used in TCM to treat premature ejaculation, give it a try..

Traditionally, extreme measures are taken when a male wants to continue higher levels of energy cultivation, like full separation from females for months in monasteries or in caves with constant meditation.

So depending on what your goals are with this, I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

OP
C
cantstoppeating said:
post 111201 Nocturnal emissions (aka wet-dreams aka orgasms-while-we're-sleeping) can be a sign of a healthy and optimally functioning sex drive. It's the low serotonin and normal/high dopamine state that produces a strong sex drive which can result in nightly orgasms. This isn't something you want to suppress.

The fact that you were able to go two weeks without nightly orgasms while you had irregular bed times shows that the cause was most likely a disruption in your circadian rhythm and thus your testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, serotonin production i.e. lowered dopamine and higher serotonin.

The thing is, I felt much better overall at the time. Sex drive was definitely high, and I felt very driven.

Currently, the opposite is the case, I feel helpless some of the time(though not extremely so), less driven, sex drive is similar I think, maybe a little less powerful than on the two week streaks.

I haven't had a sexual partner in a couple of months. I didn't have one when at my peak(where I could go two weeks without nocturnal emissions) either.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C
Entropy said:
post 111202 Probably due to a build up of reproductive fluid throughout the period of sustaining.

I would stop the male deer exercise since physical stimulation creates fluid..

It's easier to have nocturnal emissions once the fluid is built up sitting there waiting.

I mean it's hard not to build reproductive fluid living in todays society, we are bombarded with lust, this is one of the main driving forces for for western society's consumerism.

Anyways, just being around females without even particularly thinking sexual thoughts about them creates generative fluid just through energy polarities, and your body chemistry reacting.

I'm assuming your dreams are lustful when you get them, try sleeping on your side for better control. Although that's not 100% "safe", I find nocturnal emissions less frequent sleeping on my side.

Cayenne pepper is traditionally used to treat premature ejaculation, give it a try..

Traditionally, extreme measures are taken when a male wants to continue energy cultivation, like full separation from females for months in monasteries or caves and constant meditation.

So depending on what your goals are with this, I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

Why, given all this, would I have been able to not have them for a longer time earlier this year?

OP
C
Extra information: my digestion was better when I was having less frequent nocturnal emissions, I get the sense they are related to digestive irritation.

constrictedvoid said:
post 111203
cantstoppeating said:
post 111201 Nocturnal emissions (aka wet-dreams aka orgasms-while-we're-sleeping) can be a sign of a healthy and optimally functioning sex drive. It's the low serotonin and normal/high dopamine state that produces a strong sex drive which can result in nightly orgasms. This isn't something you want to suppress.

The thing is, I felt much better overall at the time. Sex drive was definitely high, and I felt very driven.

Currently, the opposite is the case, I feel helpless some of the time(though not extremely so), less driven, sex drive is similar I think, maybe a little less powerful than on the two week streaks.

I haven't had a sexual partner in a couple of months. I didn't have one when at my peak(where I could go two weeks without nocturnal emissions) either.

More driven when you had irregular sleep pattern? Could be increased cortisol and adrenaline.

There's no one thing you can take to solve this (perceived) issue. Start Peating and see what happens.

OP
C
cantstoppeating said:
post 111207
constrictedvoid said:
post 111203
cantstoppeating said:

More driven when you had irregular sleep pattern? Could be increased cortisol and adrenaline.

There's no one thing you can take to solve this (perceived) issue. Start Peating and see what happens.

What do you mean start Peating? I've been applying Ray's ideas for over 2 years. Been low PUFA for about 4.

The state I had didn't feel like a stress state. I currently have insomnia, I fell asleep fine back then, I was also calmer and more centered generally, more creative, etc. Hair looked better, skin was better, digestion was better.

Things took a turn for the worse when I tried weaning off my thyroid medication, that's when my wet dreams started becoming really regular. Over months, I increased my thyroid dose back to my old level, and I feel much better than on the lowered dose, however, the frequent wet dreams haven't subsided. I've experimented with a few things to get digestion to be better, but I haven't restored it yet. I feel the nocturnal emissions are related, however, they don't seem to correlate linearly.

Entropy

constrictedvoid said:
post 111204 Why, given all this, would I have been able to not have them for a longer time earlier this year?

I don't know what your situation was like,

but if your mind was occupied or at ease with certain activities especially doing something physical, or enjoying something you love then that would work similarly like meditation, redirecting focus of where your energy goes..

constrictedvoid said:
cantstoppeating said:

What do you mean start Peating? I've been applying Ray's ideas for over 2 years. Been low PUFA for about 4.

The state I had didn't feel like a stress state. I currently have insomnia, I fell asleep fine back then, I was also calmer and more centered generally, more creative, etc. Hair looked better, skin was better, digestion was better.

Things took a turn for the worse when I tried weaning off my thyroid medication, that's when my wet dreams started becoming really regular. Over months, I increased my thyroid dose back to my old level, and I feel much better than on the lowered dose, however, the frequent wet dreams haven't subsided. I've experimented with a few things to get digestion to be better, but I haven't restored it yet. I feel the nocturnal emissions are related, however, they don't seem to correlate linearly.

By Peating I mean:

1) understand what Peat is about, including reading up on basic physiology;
2) understand what blood tests to take and what they mean, then take regular blood tests and,
3) experiment with Peat-subtances using bloodtests and pulse/temp as guides.

Without doing any of this, you're just taking a shot in the dark and asking others on this forum to also take a shot in the dark with you. You'll just remain in the dark.

OP
C
cantstoppeating said:
post 111213
constrictedvoid said:
cantstoppeating said:

By Peating I mean:

2) understand what blood tests to take and what they mean, then take regular blood tests and,

Without doing any of this, you're just taking a shot in the dark and asking others on this forum to also take a shot in the dark with you. You'll just remain in the dark.

I have done those things. However, I have no idea about the physiology of nocturnal emissions, and what would influence their frequency. Hence my question.

constrictedvoid said:
post 111214
cantstoppeating said:
post 111213
constrictedvoid said:
cantstoppeating said:

By Peating I mean:

I have done those things. However, I have no idea about the physiology of nocturnal emissions, and what would influence their frequency. Hence my question.

Perfect. Posting your lab results alongwith waking temp, temp after breakfast and your pulse would provide more info about your situation which could lead to your question being answered.

OP
C
cantstoppeating said:
post 111215
constrictedvoid said:
post 111214
cantstoppeating said:
post 111213
constrictedvoid said:
cantstoppeating said:

By Peating I mean:

Perfect. Posting your lab results alongwith waking temp, temp after breakfast and your pulse would provide more info about your situation which could lead to your question being answered.

I do not have recent labs unfortunately, haven't done any since 2014, it would have been interesting to see how I compare now to march(the time when I could do 2 weeks of not ejaculating). In 2014 I didn't practice semen retention yet.

Typical pulse and temp readings pre and post breakfast:
Pre breakfast pulse: 85
Pre breakfast temp: 36.9

Post breakfast pulse: 96
Post breakfast temp: 37.3

Diet(roughly, often times a bit more fruit and less soda, usually canned fruits from thailand):
http://imgur.com/ej6q48J

I stopped the bread for a bit, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Depending on activity I roughly maintain on the diet. I think maintenance caloric intake is around 4000 or so for me.

Brian

I would guess you are hyperthyroid to some degree. Does taking less thyroid have any effect?

You can't just force yourself to have less "lustful thoughts." It's probably near 100% a product of neurotransmitters and hormones. If your level of hormone and sexual fluid production is undesirable to you then your only choice is probably to reduce cholesterol intake or thyroid.

You will need to do some labs to know for sure, I suppose it could be something else.

OP
C
Brian said:
post 111226 I would guess you are hyperthyroid to some degree. Does taking less thyroid have any effect?

You can't just force yourself to have less "lustful thoughts." It's probably near 100% a product of neurotransmitters and hormones. If your level of hormone and sexual fluid production is undesirable to you then your only choice is probably to reduce cholesterol intake or thyroid.

You will need to do some labs to know for sure, I suppose it could be something else.

Taking less thyroid makes the issue worse. It started in the first place from trying to wean off, when I was consistently at my current dose, things were fine, before. I don't feel hyperthyroid perse, a lower temperature makes me feel hypo, in fact, and I become more sensitive to foods on lower doses(as well as more easily get edema).

narouz

I really don't know about the nocturnal emissions answer.
But I would note a couple of personal experiences:

I have this friend who has a million bad health/eating habits,
smoking, drinking, eating PUFA...
pretty much opposite of a Peater.

He feels the Need to either masturbate 3 times a day
or, alternatively, to get his wife to give him oral sex.

Also, I know this girl who, at a certain time of her menstrual cycle
gets so needy for sex
that she sortuv demands a kind of contract from prospective boyfriends
that they Shall have sex with her Every Day during that time period (pun left intact).

Peat has mentioned that he has known of people
who have a super-high sex drive due to too much estrogen....

Uselis

Hey man,

I had coupe 100+ days streaks (not to brag just to give experience based opinion) and emissions where connected with basc stuff mostly.

1. If I did not exort myself physically 2-3 days in the row I could expect wet dream occuring. Personally sprintingn and long walks in nature works best for me.

2. Not sure what kind of cheese you eating but I ate one couple times and get emission that night (think is more because it was spicy, so no spicy food in general).

Everything else you already doing so just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Goodluck continueing with your journey!

Sheik

I should have explained why I posted that video. It sounds from your post like you are suppressing your sexuality. My experience with trying not to think sexual thoughts is that they release when I'm sleeping and cause nocturnal emissions. I don't think you can squash your sexuality, and I don't know why you would want to. Let the thoughts and feelings come and go. You don't have to fap.

agnar

you have no idea how much you'd regret actually accomplishing this, lol. find a gf and don't neuter yourself