1. 10% Discount At RedLightMan.com For Ray Peat Forum Members!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

Confirmed - CFS Is Hypometabolism Triggered By Environmental Stress

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ken

ken Member

What was that post you made the other day, intuition better than rational methods. Or something like that. You know, I kind of like dowsing, but it doesn't seem repeatable. My chiro, who I loved, would make all these pronouncements that were very random, it was an open office so I could hear his advice to everyone. Fish oil to all and to a good night and no sugar for anyone.

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think this is the post you had in mind.
    Insight Solutions Are Correct More Often Than Analytic Solutions

Here is another one to think (not too much though, as the study itself says) about.
    Intuition, Creativity Make Us Altruistic; Reasoning Selfish

3. Rad

Rad Member

It's interesting how the different metabolomics groups are getting completely different findings regarding cfs. Apparently there are probably good reasons for this based on the nature of the devices they are using but they seem to give completely different answers so strange anyway.

They all seem to be saying hypo-metabolism, which is confusing for me as whilst I had low temps, I was able to bring them up using Steve Richfield's fix low body temp method and niacinamide, for no apparent improvement. It took me three days and has stayed constant for something like 2 years now, off the top of my head.

I bought some thyroid off of @haidut and some lapodin, when I noticed it had dropped down to 36.7c. It turns out that I didn't factor that I'd been ill for 4 weeks and there has often been a slight drop in the past, though after the initial reset, my temps would go up when I got ill. I thought I'd have an experiment with low doses of the products and see what happened. A few drops of lapodin had me straight back to 37, though I continued being ill for some weeks afterwards. We're talking a symptomatic cold, turning into a more fluey, distinct illness then back into a cold, on and on, lasting for some months.

The thyroid, at one drop, caused a sense of stabilisation of my 'brain'. It's like I suddenly had confidence in the brain not buckling under pressure as easily. A little more breathing room, though no real improvement in the range of what I could do. I could however drink coffee beyond my customary one cup. I actually wanted more than one cup and it felt energising to drink more. That's the first time I've ever felt that. The body was handling coffee and made me realise that it hadn't been before. Also my hrv, on the app I use, made a huge jump.

I'm also a high cholesterol type. I've been on an upward trend and it had got to 8mmol/L (308.88mg/dl). I had started on glycine after reading Joel Brind on 180degreehealth. Having read about glycine and cholesterol on this site, I assume the downward trend in my readings was due to that new factor. I switched to taurine and that has continued to reduce the number. Last reading from November 5.3 mmol/L (200.77mg/dL).

I'm also tend to move towards hypertension. And central obesity. And yet have had all the cfs symptoms. I tended to think cfs (the cluster of symptoms) over other options because in 2010, three years after start of initial symptoms, I entered into what I take to be the cdc's discovery of an enhanced immune activity at the start of the illness, that lasts 3 years. Can't find the info at the moment but it's a well known piece of data they found. Well, quite possibly the 9 and a half months of illness from mid 2010-mid 2011(cold and flu's) on top of my persistent baseline feeling of having the flu, the 10 months from 2011-2012 and the 10 and a half months from 2012-2013 was that period. I then entered into a period where I couldn't get ill at all. I started to get ill again (be symptomatic -which I take as a positive) when I raised my body temperature. But that may just be a common time it takes to get immune exhausted when hypothyroid, or something else entirely.

So I find it interesting that I'm somewhat an outlier, though not uniquely so. Do I have cfs or something else entirely? How do I maintain at 37/37.1 c, have normal cortisol levels and no evidence of stress hormones raising my body temperature?

4. jyb

jyb Member

You're saying it took you 3 days of niaciname and warmth to permanently move your temperature up? That's a pretty bold statement. (I'm less surprised about the fact it brought about no improvement, though.)

5. Rad

Rad Member

I'd tried using hot baths then adding and subtracting clothing, soon after coming across Steve's forum and had been able to easily get my temperature to stay up until bedtime. When I woke up it was gone. Baths were early evening.

I tried a few times during the day at a later stage and got a few hours of stability of temps before a drop of.

I'd tried niacinamide up to 1500mg a day (3 x 500 across the day) for no temperature rise.

I was therefore quite surprised when niacinamide and hot showers and a cup of coffee (forgot that) knocked them right up and stable within three days.

I forget the exact time but pretty soon I was having a spike in the afternoon up to an average of 37.4 but sometimes up to 37.6. This lasted a few weeks at most before stabilising to 37-37.1 all day. If I woke up early and not in my own time, temp would be lower but come up once I ate. Otherwise I would wake up at 37 all the time.

6. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Great material from the same author:

http://nishihara-world.jp/2015wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/090.pdf
    Evolution, mitochondria, interactions with the environment, infections, and poor habits.
    http://nishihara-world.jp/2015wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/096.pdf
    Some cases that where treated using his protocol: correction of mouth breathing, unilateral mastication and sleeping posture; warm foods; bifidus factors (I suppose by giving them milch and its carbs, not sure); mitochondrial activation with nutrition; antibiotic and antiviral therapies (I'm trying to find which drugs, but it hasn't been easy).
    There was a baby that improved just by warming up the powdered milk to 42dC, instead of 37dC.​

He mentioned somewhere that non-stationary beings spend a decent amount of energy just to move, so our recycling system has less energy devoted to remodeling, compared to a plant for example. On the other hand, we can seek nutrition, unlike a plant that's screwed if the soil is not fertile.
    In almost every article he stresses why it might not be a good idea to consume cold foods like ice cream, he also mentions air conditioner as something detrimental but giving the impression that it's milder since it cools from the outside to the inside, unlike the cold foods and drinks. The guy must live in cold climate.. :ss
    His arguments are convincing though.

7. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member