CFS Is Likely Hypometabolism Triggered By Environmental Stress

Screenshot-376.png

This is Dr. Shoemaker’s paper, which is going to be an important one. He just published this, this week actually.

Using nasal VIP in 20 patients with what he calls chronic inflammatory response syndrome related to water-damaged buildings, because he’s a mold expert.

By the way, there is no clinical difference between CIRS-WDB and chronic fatigue syndrome. We trade patients. I get his patients that he can’t seem to fix with the mold, and he gets some of my patients, because I can’t seem to fix them, because maybe they have mold. So we keep trading patients. And we can’t tell the difference between them.

This 18-month therapy with nasal VIP corrected numerous inflammatory biomarkers and numerous hormone derangements.

This is important right here – reduced pulmonary artery systolic pressure.

It increased T regulatory cells – which means it tends to reduce some of the pro-inflammatory aspects at the core of this disease.

No doubt, if you can reverse flow reversal in the brain and liver, you will get better.

SB4

@debored13 I found those presentations very interesting. What particularly resonated with me was when he was talking about heart compensation/failure and the left ventrical (???) pumping extra hard. My main symptoms are heart stuff and it always feels like me heart is pumping extra hard and tiring itself out just trying to get the blood to circulate.

Heart symptoms are worse after carbs. Could be lack of PDH etc activity resulting in less energy. But what do you think of the possibility that the extra oxygen carried in glucose (as opposed to fatty acids) is creating more ROS and thus causing me problems. Dr Cheney (???) in the presentation said that he found that giving oxygen to CFS made them worse as body is trying to limit ROS.

I purchased some Mg paste as he recommends. I have tried almost all other delivery forms (Vaporizer, Mg oil, different forms of oral supps, and even Haiduts Magnoil [too much dmso]) with some moderate success on my worse symptom flares.

@debored13 I found those presentations very interesting. What particularly resonated with me was when he was talking about heart compensation/failure and the left ventrical (???) pumping extra hard. My main symptoms are heart stuff and it always feels like me heart is pumping extra hard and tiring itself out just trying to get the blood to circulate.

Heart symptoms are worse after carbs. Could be lack of PDH etc activity resulting in less energy. But what do you think of the possibility that the extra oxygen carried in glucose (as opposed to fatty acids) is creating more ROS and thus causing me problems. Dr Cheney (???) in the presentation said that he found that giving oxygen to CFS made them worse as body is trying to limit ROS.

I purchased some Mg paste as he recommends. I have tried almost all other delivery forms (Vaporizer, Mg oil, different forms of oral supps, and even Haiduts Magnoil [too much dmso]) with some moderate success on my worse symptom flares.
as far as the glucose thing I dont know. I do take some thyroid despite what he says about not forcing stimulation into the system. But i take a fairly small amount. I think what hes saying about ROS makes a ton of sense with how I was on stimulants before being sick with no issues, but they made me feel like ***t afterwards, and didnt help the "fatigue". I think it should all be somewhat intuitive.

i have been trying the paste without much dramatic success, but I am getting injections prescribed. will report back. Jen brea said magnesium injections helped her a lot.

This interview is really a treasure trove of stuff about pathology. He ends up saying he thinks cfs is the same as cirs in many ways... so could be exacerbated or caused by mycotoxins. After i get out of mold i'm curious about trying vip. increasing blood flow to brain and blood volume is really key i think. saline always makes me feel great for like three hours.

SB4

@debored13 You know how to do injections? I am willing to try them out just not sure what I would need to buy and how to do it.

I did also find the VIP thing interesting but I noted that the presentations happened in like 2013 or something and I figured there would be more buzz around it on the phoenixrising forums if it helped significantly. Could be wrong though.

@debored13 You know how to do injections? I am willing to try them out just not sure what I would need to buy and how to do it.

I did also find the VIP thing interesting but I noted that the presentations happened in like 2013 or something and I figured there would be more buzz around it on the phoenixrising forums if it helped significantly. Could be wrong though.
ive never done an injection on myself but i think theyre often prescribed because intramuscular injection is safer than doing an iv in terms of sepsis/infection. Diabetics inject their own insulin all the time. I don't think a lot of people on PR have tried VIP and its rarely prescribed. I think it wouldnt help as much if one is being continually exposed to mold

SB4

@debored13 Yeah youre probably right about the mold thing. Well let me know how you get on with the injections, assuming you get prescribed them, and I might give it a go.