Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) May Be Caused By Increased Serotonin Sensitivity

In my experience Estrogen is correlated with CFS. Aspirin, Vitamin E and caffeine could help. Lowering inflamation is probably very important also. Tribulus Terrestris (verbal DHEA analog) also helped me.

lampofred

I think it's due to low CO2/GABA because of glucose getting stuck at lactic acid instead of going all the way to CO2. It's the same thing as the hypothyroid diabetic/cancerous metabolism. Fixing it is proving to be much more difficult than just supplementing thyroid unfortunately...

I think it's due to low CO2/GABA because of glucose getting stuck at lactic acid instead of going all the way to CO2. It's the same thing as the hypothyroid diabetic/cancerous metabolism. Fixing it is proving to be much more difficult than just supplementing thyroid unfortunately...
Yes. I found myself with hypothyroid sympthoms and lab test where pretty normal, so it was something blocking it downstream, probably a hormonal imbalance like low pregnenolone and excess estrogen/cortisol in my case. I had Cronic Fatigue plus Manic/Depressive episodes. Now i'm getting better but i'm using like 800 IU of vitamin E and some Tribulus Terristris extract, y will try some pregnenolone also.

lampofred

Yes. I found myself with hypothyroid sympthoms and lab test where pretty normal, so it was something blocking it downstream, probably a hormonal imbalance like low pregnenolone and excess estrogen/cortisol in my case. I had Cronic Fatigue plus Manic/Depressive episodes. Now i'm getting better but i'm using like 800 IU of vitamin E and some Tribulus Terristris extract, y will try some pregnenolone also.

I feel like lupus, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, arthritis, depression, anxiety, subclinical hypothyroidism are all related. Something is inhibiting T4->T3 conversion, leading to excess lactic acid and low CO2, and the low CO2 further inhibits conversion in a vicious cycle, but I can't figure out what it is, and I don't think even Dr. Peat has the answer yet.

I feel like lupus, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, arthritis, depression, anxiety, subclinical hypothyroidism are all related. Something is inhibiting T4->T3 conversion, leading to excess lactic acid and low CO2, and the low CO2 further inhibits conversion in a vicious cycle, but I can't figure out what it is, and I don't think even Dr. Peat has the answer yet.
Somethimes T3 levels are normal but I guess they are not working at the receptor due to PUFA and Estrogen. T4 to T3 conversion issues are not common once you start to consume sugar/fructose, in my limited knoledge.

T

TheBeard

In my experience Estrogen is correlated with CFS. Aspirin, Vitamin E and caffeine could help. Lowering inflamation is probably very important also. Tribulus Terrestris (verbal DHEA analog) also helped me.

What’s your point? High estrogen = CFS or low estrogen = CFS?
Tribulus Terrestris increases estrogens.

Take Aromasin and see if low estrogen isn’t correlated with CFS.

All the reports of CFS I’ve heard/read were with low estrogen, not high.

I believed Tribulus to be antiestrogenic as it decreases Prolactin in human studies. I can't think how estrogen would improve CFS if it increase lactic acid and interferes with glucose oxidation (inhibits PDH enzyme).

Astolfo

@haidut So, If I understand right, cyproheptadine (8mg daily) is the only potential treatment?

By CFS, do you mean also progressive brain retardation and loss of anxiety?

Should I give it a try? At which dosage should I start?(I'm 17)

Did you just say a herb was non aromatizable?
The main active substace of the herb (Protodioscin). Overall the whole herb seems to be antiestrogenic. See studies on how it lower Prolactin (wich is highly correlated to tissue estrogen)

T

TheBeard

The main active substace of the herb (Protodioscin). Overall the whole herb seems to be antiestrogenic. See studies on how it lower Prolactin (wich is highly correlated to tissue estrogen)

Protodioscin isn’t aromatizable or non-aromatizable, it’s not a hormone, it’s a saponin.
I’ve read virtually all studies on all herbs you can think of

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals