Can Someone Please Explain Cyproheptadine

Shin

OKAY:

I have FINALLY figured this ***t out.

So what I have done, is embarked on Licorice Tea (I know you're all going to say it lowers Test and is highly estrogenic),

BUT...

It MIMICS what Cyproheptadine does to me on the withdrawal.... SO I assume my issue really is LOW CORTISOL/Aldosterone.... Because how the F*** can licorice help as much as Cypro does, 3 days later....Maybe my issue all along is cortisol/aldosterone?

The way I can tell is very obvious.

It's all got to do with PUMPS in the gym, and also PSSD symptoms. For example, after having licorice tea I have PUMPS again in the gym, can hold water/salt, and am not pissing like crazy. All my emotions are back online, I can FEEL things again. All the exact same feelings as when I get that rebound from cypro 3 days after a single dose.

So surely there's something else that can INCREASE my aldosterone like licorice?! Surely there is another herb or way to RAISE aldosterone without using licorice?!!?

Do you get the same energy boost from licorice as you would get from cypro 3 days later?
I think my cortisol is extremely low as well, takes me like 5 hours to wake up in the morning...

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I actually feel so stupid on cypro... The anti-Cholinergic properties are really noticeable.

The number of times that I have literally forgotten what i was thinking about a minute ago has been so apparent.

My long term memory recall has been hurt too.

It's easy to offset, but its definitely noticeable. I feel "Dumber".

Licorice certainly does help me. I don't care if its slightly estrogenic. Again, easy to offset with Cistanche.

Momado965

So mood today was exceptional.

Had to give a presentation at uni, and absolutely nailed it.

Cistanche + Cypro combination = Winning.

I did notice however, that my urine was brown? Dark yellow? @haidut -- I saw you mention this somewhere? Whats the mechanism here?

What is your typical dosage of each and what was your dosage today?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So mood today was exceptional.

Had to give a presentation at uni, and absolutely nailed it.

Cistanche + Cypro combination = Winning.

I did notice however, that my urine was brown? Dark yellow? @haidut -- I saw you mention this somewhere? Whats the mechanism here?

I am not sure if I am just imagining things, but my hair seems much better!!? Like curlier. Like when I was younger. It just looks healthier.

Cypro known to help hair?! Via reducing prolactin?

Herbie

I am not sure if I am just imagining things, but my hair seems much better!!? Like curlier. Like when I was younger. It just looks healthier.

Cypro known to help hair?! Via reducing prolactin?

Many people including me notice nice hair from cypro but I have no idea of the mechanics

Hans

Forum Supporter
Serotonin inhibits proper energy production, so inhibiting its action can lead to better energy production and thus better hair in this case. Just my thought.

Momado965

Same I notice better hair with cypro. I dont know what is my minimum dose but I’ve been using 0.5mg-2mg continusely.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Serotonin inhibits proper energy production, so inhibiting its action can lead to better energy production and thus better hair in this case. Just my thought.

Yeah good point.

So funny Cypro literally makes me feel diabetic...the hunger is insane !!! Like literally feel like a monster searching for carbs.

I'm starting to hope my insulin sensitivity is still good.
Better not be above 5 next time I test.

I'm also very grateful for my extremely high Thyroid hormones.

Herbie

@Lokzo

The anti cholinergic effects made me crave tobacco and started smoking while using the cypro.. never smoked before.

Maybe find some healthier way of counter balancing those dulling effects.

Maybe the hunger cravings are for choline

Sam321

Okay so I am trying to figure out why Cyproheptadine is so good for me.

My background:
Contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, emotional numbing, low cortisol symptoms, dizziness, low blood pressure, craving salt like crazy, and LOW aldosterone.

So essentially what happens to me is this.

If I dose 1mg of Cyproheptadine, I don't even really notice the sedative effects. But it dramatically improves my sleep scores when used 4 hours before bed. With adequate carbs.

So then I will wake up feeling WORSE and weak, and my PSSD symptoms/emotional numbness is worsened. However, this is what I am trying to figure out... 3 days LATER, I will wake up entirely CURED of ALL my symptoms... Like a miracle.... I can train extremely hard, I feel strong, I feel alive, completely reversed PSSD symptoms. It's like I have a vibrational rush in my head again, and I feel super energetic. Essentially when I feel like this (3 days after Cypro) I basically feel 10/10 in every single department. Libido Sky high, Energy sky high, I feel I can HOLD water better.

Is this just a cortisol rebound? (Rebound elevation of Cortisol following cyproheptadine withdrawal in Cushing’s disease from a pituitary macroadenoma)
Is this 5HT1A related?
Is this mineralocorticoid related?

Can someone explain this phenomenon to me? I am literally stumped.

THANK YOU @haidut and @Hedgehog for all your support on my wellness quest.
PSSD from ashwaganda?

Vajra

I have FINALLY figured this ***t out.

So what I have done, is embarked on Licorice Tea (I know you're all going to say it lowers Test and is highly estrogenic),

BUT...

It MIMICS what Cyproheptadine does to me on the withdrawal.... SO I assume my issue really is LOW CORTISOL/Aldosterone.... Because how the F*** can licorice help as much as Cypro does, 3 days later....Maybe my issue all along is cortisol/aldosterone?

The way I can tell is very obvious.

It's all got to do with PUMPS in the gym, and also PSSD symptoms. For example, after having licorice tea I have PUMPS again in the gym, can hold water/salt, and am not pissing like crazy. All my emotions are back online, I can FEEL things again. All the exact same feelings as when I get that rebound from cypro 3 days after a single dose.

So surely there's something else that can INCREASE my aldosterone like licorice?! Surely there is another herb or way to RAISE aldosterone without using licorice?!!?
Did you ever find piracetam to be therapeutic?
Aldosterone receptors are involved in the mediation of the memory-enhancing effects of piracetam
And also FWIW I get depression from too much choline/citicoline too easily and piracetam pretty much prevents this from happening. Would probably help with some of the anticholinergic sides of cypro as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals