Can Someone Please Explain Cyproheptadine

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Well, you could stop training at the gym, or stop trying to arbitrarily raise nasty stress hormones like aldosterone, especially if you haven't done any tests to assess your actual levels.

I have had my aldosterone measured, as well as my cortisol through the DUTCH test, and both came back LOW. In my case, I think raising aldosterone is essential to my health and wellbeing, but it just frustrates me that no one knows how to RAISE it without using estrogenic licorice.

That's virtually impossible when I am training in the gym aha, since if I don't have salt, my blood pressure will be too low and I will get too dizzy squatting.
Maybe taking a potassium supplement and keeping your sodium intake the same would increase aldosterone.

tankasnowgod

but it just frustrates me that no one knows how to RAISE it without using estrogenic licorice.

Oh, we know how to do it- just cut salt! But, you don't want to do that.

EDIT- Looked at the DUTCH test, and didn't see Aldosterone listed anywhere. You sure it was measured?

Last edited:

brix

Look what I found about T3!

T3 administered daily at 20 microg/kg s.c. for 2 weeks reduced the sensitivity of 5-HT(1A) autoreceptors which control 5-HT release,

What this mean that those who are virtually HYPER thyroid, like myself, that this would worsen my symptoms?!

Yes taking t3 when near hyperthyroid would not be good.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Oh, we know how to do it- just cut salt! But, you don't want to do that.

EDIT- Looked at the DUTCH test, and didn't see Aldosterone listed anywhere. You sure it was measured?

Haha, because acutely cutting an important mineral in the body just doesn't make sense to me. If my body is craving salt, why disobey the cry?

And, I had my aldosterone measured separately in an upright position. Result was very low, although not dangerously so.

brix

I feel like I have tipped into Hyperthyroid before... Ravenous hunger, amazing energy levels, increased catelcholamine feeling, felt like I was on coffee, warm temps, less REM sleep.

I always feel like this but my bloods point to hypo. Taking t3 destroys me.

brix

Why don't you try boosting thyroid via other methods?

I am. I’m iodine deficient in blood so just taking kelp and my temps are good without feeling like I’m burning up. T3 makes me catabolic and sweaty. Terrible feeling.

brix

Ah okay, nice.

What about Forskolin? Or Taurine? brazil nuts?

I take taurine daily now and it’s effects on blood sugar/glycogen are life changing for me. I no longer need to eat every 2 hours to keep blood sugar stable.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I take taurine daily now and it’s effects on blood sugar/glycogen are life changing for me. I no longer need to eat every 2 hours to keep blood sugar stable.

That's pretty amazing!!

I love taurine too. It helps so much with many things.

I have not seen any research in humans, for Taurine improving Insulin Sensitivity or blood sugar which is annoying. Unless someone else has some relevant research?

tankasnowgod

Haha, because acutely cutting an important mineral in the body just doesn't make sense to me. If my body is craving salt, why disobey the cry?

And, I had my aldosterone measured separately in an upright position. Result was very low, although not dangerously so.

I don't think cutting salt makes sense, either. But it's an effective way to increase aldosterone. If aldosterone was low (in or out of their lab range), it probably reflects a higher salt intake. That's the primary function of that hormone, raise to retain sodium when intake is low, lower when intake is adequate or high. Aldosterone can be lowered dramatically by increasing salt intake, and responds very quickly.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I don't think cutting salt makes sense, either. But it's an effective way to increase aldosterone. If aldosterone was low (in or out of their lab range), it probably reflects a higher salt intake. That's the primary function of that hormone, raise to retain sodium when intake is low, lower when intake is adequate or high. Aldosterone can be lowered dramatically by increasing salt intake, and responds very quickly.

Great point man. I will play around with my salt intake.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I had 2mg of Cypro at 4:30pm, and did not notice any sedative effects until 7:30pm.

I felt stupid at the dinner table, slow to read, extremely bad verbal fluency, low Acetylcholine symptoms, amnesia, extremely hungry. It was pretty embarrassing being at a friend's house.

Surprised how long the sedation took to have an effect!

At 9:30pm, everything is a struggle, and I feel like I did 3 years ago, super slow and ***t. But I can't wait for the rebound in 3 days time after my final 2mg tomorrow!!

I'm hoping this will yield some longer term changes to the PSSD I'm complaining of.

Time to get an amazing night sleep!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
3rd night on 2mg oral of Cyproheptadine.

Had it at 5pm. Noticed slowness of the mind, brain fog feeling at 8.30. Very very relaxed. Can't wait to have a very deep sleep.

I feel like my brain is healing.

I am starting to feel again. PSSD is going to be banished by Cypro. I know it.

Liver protection on standby:
-Thiamine HCL
-Artichoke Extract
-Taurine
-Cistanche

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals