The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound

Tidal

Generally speaking, yes 5HT2C inverse agonists cause super-sensitization because of the constitutive suppression.

Amitriptyline is an inverse agonist. As such is causes sensitization.

It is suppression of 5HT2C that increases appetite. Increased activity (by itself) suppresses appetite. See Lorcaserin.

Inositol does much more than just downregulate 5HT2A.
Just to be clear you are saying the stopping of amitriptyline or these other drugs causes sensitisation? Not effects whilst on it.

Could you explain what you mean about inositol? I thought it sensitised 5ht2a?

I don't understand how it works at all but made everything unimaginably worse for me.

AVTISTICVS

Just to be clear you are saying the stopping of amitriptyline or these other drugs causes sensitisation? Not effects whilst on it.

Could you explain what you mean about inositol? I thought it sensitised 5ht2a?

I don't understand how it works at all but made everything unimaginably worse for me.
While on it sensitization occurs. But because they are potent inverse agonists constitutive activity is stopped so you don’t experience the super sensitization until the drug is halted.

Off the top of my head inositol downregulates 5ht2a and upregulates D2. It might have some effect on IP accumulation that could effect PKC and calcium release. Im not entirely sure though.

ladythede

Yeah, I've had nothing but positive experiences with it. I use 2mgs, spread out in four 0.5mg dosages throughout the day. I read somewhere that frequency is more important than strength of dosage if you're wanting the anti-serotonin effects.
Just wondering if you’re still following this dosage per day and how you feel it’s going for you. Do you take any other antihistamines? Many thanks!

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I don't know if I have missed it somewhere, but how are you taking cyproheptadine?
Topical, oral, sublingual application?
@Lokzo

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom