Can Someone Please Explain Cyproheptadine

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Okay so I am trying to figure out why Cyproheptadine is so good for me.

My background:
Contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, emotional numbing, low cortisol symptoms, dizziness, low blood pressure, craving salt like crazy, and LOW aldosterone.

So essentially what happens to me is this.

If I dose 1mg of Cyproheptadine, I don't even really notice the sedative effects. But it dramatically improves my sleep scores when used 4 hours before bed. With adequate carbs.

So then I will wake up feeling WORSE and weak, and my PSSD symptoms/emotional numbness is worsened. However, this is what I am trying to figure out... 3 days LATER, I will wake up entirely CURED of ALL my symptoms... Like a miracle.... I can train extremely hard, I feel strong, I feel alive, completely reversed PSSD symptoms. It's like I have a vibrational rush in my head again, and I feel super energetic. Essentially when I feel like this (3 days after Cypro) I basically feel 10/10 in every single department. Libido Sky high, Energy sky high, I feel I can HOLD water better.

Is this just a cortisol rebound? (Rebound elevation of Cortisol following cyproheptadine withdrawal in Cushing’s disease from a pituitary macroadenoma)
Is this 5HT1A related?
Is this mineralocorticoid related?

Can someone explain this phenomenon to me? I am literally stumped.

THANK YOU @haidut and @Hedgehog for all your support on my wellness quest.

Terma

Weren't you the guy who made the histidine thread? That's easily a rebound in the modulation of H1 and maybe indirectly the other receptors. You can find people with allergies that get a kind of rebound from anti-histamines, although I'm not sure it involves mast cells purely in your case. The right serotonin receptors (5-HT2a, ...) may potentiate histamine's effects on libido. Alternatively, in contrast theoretically you could get a combo of increased post-synaptic 5-HT1a combined with increased histamine, because typically a very top state is a combination of something excitatory together with GABA and inhibitory signals (5-HT1a post-synaptic) that provide your filter function and shape perception, though you could do better than 5-HT1a if you really wanted. And yes there is probably some cortisol in there. An effect like that is always several neuro/hormones. If you want that histidine to really shine, increase it a little and add beta-alanine. The carnosine is there to buffer all the ***t from the histamine, it's the thing that backs up the superman abilities and you can just keep doing that forever more or less if you use it judiciously.

Terma

Try the Frank Castle protocol:

Histidine (large enough dose, whatever that is, I'm not sure) + beta-alanine + methylene blue (incl. MAOI effects, they matter here esp. to you) + B3 (B complex with <30mg niacin) + ribose (<5g? not too often) + rice or maple syrup + some tyrosine for good measure

Haven't slept for 3 days but I could take out a nest of special forces bank heisters hiding behind a shield of prostitutes with 1 arm. I am seeing things out the corner of my eye though. But that's part of the magic.

p.s.: With histidine + beta-alanine (carnosine) + methylene blue you can hold your breath for like 2 minutes. (The MB might not work this way for everyone necessarily, but carnosine always works)

Last edited:

Fractality

Try the Frank Castle protocol:

Histidine (large enough dose, whatever that is, I'm not sure) + beta-alanine + methylene blue (incl. MAOI effects, they matter here esp. to you) + B3 (B complex with <30mg niacin) + ribose (<5g? not too often) + rice or maple syrup + some tyrosine for good measure

Haven't slept for 3 days but I could take out a nest of special forces bank heisters hiding behind a shield of prostitutes with 1 arm. I am seeing things out the corner of my eye though. But that's part of the magic.

p.s.: With histidine + beta-alanine (carnosine) + methylene blue you can hold your breath for like 2 minutes. (The MB might not work this way for everyone necessarily, but carnosine always works)

What makes that the Frank Castle protocol?

Terma

What makes that the Frank Castle protocol?
If you drive around the forum, people still tremble at non-peat/haidut approved substances (including probably histidine and ribose, some good reasons, some totally discardable). This is a protocol that allows you to use and justify those wicked ways and vindicates their use by reducing harm. "You do what you gotta do." (Seen season 2 of the netflix series? Delightfully twisted) I live on a grey rainbow between the black and white stripes.

It's more obvious if you add a centerpiece like phenibut (and don't sleep for 3 days), but I felt that was too easy, and the rest works with any good phenibut substitute. It's actually the same protocol I use to enhance cannabinoids, but who on earth could you name that after? Unless you count Ricky. I wanted to name a protocol after John Dunsworth (R.I.P.), but I don't drink alcohol anymore, so that's a tough one. There should so be an alcohol hangover remedy named after him. If only I owned a supplement business...

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Weren't you the guy who made the histidine thread? That's easily a rebound in the modulation of H1 and maybe indirectly the other receptors. You can find people with allergies that get a kind of rebound from anti-histamines, although I'm not sure it involves mast cells purely in your case. The right serotonin receptors (5-HT2a, ...) may potentiate histamine's effects on libido. Alternatively, in contrast theoretically you could get a combo of increased post-synaptic 5-HT1a combined with increased histamine, because typically a very top state is a combination of something excitatory together with GABA and inhibitory signals (5-HT1a post-synaptic) that provide your filter function and shape perception, though you could do better than 5-HT1a if you really wanted. And yes there is probably some cortisol in there. An effect like that is always several neuro/hormones. If you want that histidine to really shine, increase it a little and add beta-alanine. The carnosine is there to buffer all the ***t from the histamine, it's the thing that backs up the superman abilities and you can just keep doing that forever more or less if you use it judiciously.

I mean I tried L-Histidine, but it didn't hit the spot like cypro has for me.

I feel so good days after cypro. I might just repeat this every couple of weeks or so (1mg cypro) as continuous resetter. I don't crave anything at the this state, it is perfect.

Beta alanine is great before the gym.

Andman

If you drive around the forum, people still tremble at non-peat/haidut approved substances (including probably histidine and ribose, some good reasons, some totally discardable). This is a protocol that allows you to use and justify those wicked ways and vindicates their use by reducing harm. "You do what you gotta do." (Seen season 2 of the netflix series? Delightfully twisted) I live on a grey rainbow between the black and white stripes.

It's more obvious if you add a centerpiece like phenibut (and don't sleep for 3 days), but I felt that was too easy, and the rest works with any good phenibut substitute. It's actually the same protocol I use to enhance cannabinoids, but who on earth could you name that after? Unless you count Ricky. I wanted to name a protocol after John Dunsworth (R.I.P.), but I don't drink alcohol anymore, so that's a tough one. There should so be an alcohol hangover remedy named after him. If only I owned a supplement business...

sounds great and absolutely sustainable. kinda like meth. what could go wrong?

@Lokzo not sure on the cypro, but have you considered stopping all supplements for 2-4 weeks and see if your baseline has changed at all?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
sounds great and absolutely sustainable. kinda like meth. what could go wrong?

@Lokzo not sure on the cypro, but have you considered stopping all supplements for 2-4 weeks and see if your baseline has changed at all?

All I know is that since the Cypro usage, my brain definitely feels different. I can feel again. It's like something that was previously abnormal has been normalised again.

Big thank you to @haidut and @Hedgehog for suggesting this.

I plan on using it about once every month or so.

morgan#1

I will wake up feeling WORSE and weak, and my PSSD symptoms/emotional numbness is worsened. However, this is what I am trying to figure out... 3 days LATER, I will wake up entirely CURED of ALL my symptoms... Like a miracle.... I can train extremely hard, I feel strong, I feel alive, completely reversed PSSD symptoms. It's like I have a vibrational rush in my head again, and I feel super energetic. Essentially when I feel like this (3 days after Cypro) I basically feel 10/10 in every single department. Libido Sky high, Energy sky high, I feel I can HOLD water better.
So I was wondering in that interim between feeling “worse” and 3 days later awesome, did you stop cyproheptadine , you said I believe 1mg, and how long were you taking it? I gather your thinking about it in spurts? I’ve been prescribed 4 mg Cypro and I’m struggling with what dosage is right for me. Script says 1 tab twice a day. I’m taking 1mg morning and 1 night. So 2 mg total.

Anyway, I’ve been wondering: how long to feel effects, and as well what your protocol is? I feel that the prescribed dose is too high. And since you said 1 mg. that seems to be where my mind is.
Thanks much!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So I was wondering in that interim between feeling “worse” and 3 days later awesome, did you stop cyproheptadine , you said I believe 1mg, and how long were you taking it? I gather your thinking about it in spurts? I’ve been prescribed 4 mg Cypro and I’m struggling with what dosage is right for me. Script says 1 tab twice a day. I’m taking 1mg morning and 1 night. So 2 mg total.

Anyway, I’ve been wondering: how long to feel effects, and as well what your protocol is? I feel that the prescribed dose is too high. And since you said 1 mg. that seems to be where my mind is.
Thanks much!

I take 1mg and feel slighty worse the following day. More fatigued and tired. Low cortisol symptoms. But 3 days after it "wears" off I feel AMAZING. I don't understand what it is doing to my physiology. I get pumps in the gym when it wears off, skin feels tighter and can hold fluid better.
1mg max, any more than that and its problematic in my experience.

I am currently only using it when I need it (every 7 days roughly). But I want to be able to figure out WHY it makes me feel so good the 3 days later..... Anyone able to help?

morgan#1

I take 1mg and feel slighty worse the following day. More fatigued and tired. Low cortisol symptoms. But 3 days after it "wears" off I feel AMAZING. I don't understand what it is doing to my physiology. I get pumps in the gym when it wears off, skin feels tighter and can hold fluid better.
1mg max, any more than that and its problematic in my experience.

I am currently only using it when I need it (every 7 days roughly). But I want to be able to figure out WHY it makes me feel so good the 3 days later..... Anyone able to help?

Interesting guess but maybe it’s similar to an antibiotic, cleaning out our guts...Ray thinks that it’s good to take breaks from it

And this thread, I didn’t read the patent info for cypro...the variances of each individual.

I've Taken 1 Gram Of Cyproheptadine Over 12 Months

Last edited:

morgan#1

Just now I found this
In vitro antibacterial activity of some antihistaminics belonging to different groups against multi-drug resistant clinical isolates

Modulation of Antibiotic Efficacy against Klebsiella pneumoniae by Antihistaminic Drugs
“In conclusion, the data obtained in this work showed that, among the tested drugs promethazine and cyproheptadine exerted high antibacterial activity against MDR K. pneumoniae isolates. So, it is possible to take the advantages of the obtained findings to introduce new ways to overcome different infectious diseases.”

I’ve found a few on this forum that hint at that. Constantine showed a link regarding bio films and cypro

So there you go Lokzo, I don’t know if 1mg cypro has those kind of benefits; antibiotic, etc. But feeling shitty the next day and then optimal a few days later correlates with my own “antibiotic” use.

Last edited:
OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
OKAY:

I have FINALLY figured this ***t out.

So what I have done, is embarked on Licorice Tea (I know you're all going to say it lowers Test and is highly estrogenic),

BUT...

It MIMICS what Cyproheptadine does to me on the withdrawal.... SO I assume my issue really is LOW CORTISOL/Aldosterone.... Because how the F*** can licorice help as much as Cypro does, 3 days later....Maybe my issue all along is cortisol/aldosterone?

The way I can tell is very obvious.

It's all got to do with PUMPS in the gym, and also PSSD symptoms. For example, after having licorice tea I have PUMPS again in the gym, can hold water/salt, and am not pissing like crazy. All my emotions are back online, I can FEEL things again. All the exact same feelings as when I get that rebound from cypro 3 days after a single dose.

So surely there's something else that can INCREASE my aldosterone like licorice?! Surely there is another herb or way to RAISE aldosterone without using licorice?!!?

Last edited:
OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Look what I found about T3!

T3 administered daily at 20 microg/kg s.c. for 2 weeks reduced the sensitivity of 5-HT(1A) autoreceptors which control 5-HT release,

What this mean that those who are virtually HYPER thyroid, like myself, that this would worsen my symptoms?!

lampofred

T3 administered daily at 20 microg/kg s.c. for 2 weeks reduced the sensitivity of 5-HT(1A) autoreceptors which control 5-HT release,

What this mean that those who are virtually HYPER thyroid, like myself, that this would worsen my symptoms?!

I think it reduces the sensitivity of the postsynaptic receptors also though. So the net effect is lower serotonin.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I think it reduces the sensitivity of the postsynaptic receptors also though. So the net effect is lower serotonin.

This is very intereting.

As I slowly pull all these interventions together... I think I am realising something.

Any substance that POWERFULLY lowers serotonin makes my symptoms WORSE?!

Eg. Cypro when I dose 1mg, will make me feel terrible for 3 days, and then I get this SNAP back effect where I feel exactly what I seeking.
Theanine does the exact same thing, makes me feel like ***t.
Beta-alanine the same.
Shilajit the same.
Ashwagandha I think was the culprit.

tankasnowgod

Is there any other context? Doesn't seem like a human dose. I don't think anyone recommends taking 1000s of micrograms of T3 a day.

tankasnowgod

That's virtually impossible when I am training in the gym aha, since if I don't have salt, my blood pressure will be too low and I will get too dizzy squatting.

Well, you could stop training at the gym, or stop trying to arbitrarily raise nasty stress hormones like aldosterone, especially if you haven't done any tests to assess your actual levels.